Players Reactions

Tobias will probably stay. Late first round picks dont get a ton of money, and can be in danger of being cut/etc

I think this Martin dude will be able to talk to the Harris' into sticking around for this next season

IIRC, all first round draft picks get 2 year guaranteed contracts. Also, I heard Martin state today that he would encourage both Hopson and Harris to enter the draft because that would be a sign of them reaching their full potential, which he followed by stating that if it did not work out, they would be welcomed back to develop their potential at UT.

Most NBA mock draft projections show Tobias as a late first rounder / early second rounder as a small forward. Scotty is mostly listed as a mid-to-late second rounder as a shooting guard.

Don't think Scotty will jump ship unless he makes a great showing in front of the NBA scouts. Scotty desperately needs another year in college to develop ball handling skills. If he improves as much next year as he did this year, he should be a first rounder after his Sr. year.

I'm not sure about Tobias. He seems to be a player that doesn't quite fit the standard position mold. He doesn't seem to be able to create his own shot that well, and may get pushed around a bit in the NBA. Like Hopson, I think Tobias could improve his standing quite a bit with one more year of college ball.

No, it's not totally wrong, but often times the inexperienced analysis I see in this forum attempts to pigeon players to certain positions. Right now Tobias is somewhere between a wing and a power forward on a tradtional type team. If he is going to be solid contributor in the NBA it is going to be at a position away from the basket instead of closer to it. Some think he isn't quick enough. Right now, that might be the case, but quickness can be improved any number of ways. Height can't be. Tobias is as tall as he is going to get and he isn't the 6'8" he is listed.

I didn't know that you could tell exact height through a TV. By the way, Elton Brand, Antawn Jamison, Carlos Boozer, Boris Diaw, and David West are some of the PFs "listed" at 6'9" or under. On top of that, TH weighs around or more than Kevin Garnett, Chris Bosh, Antawn Jamison, Boris Diaw, and Rasheed Wallace. Size may prove to be a probably, but a lack of size is easier to overcome through hustle and tough defense than a lack of quickness or athleticism.

I wouldn't care if Ware went somewhere else... If you're not a Vol then go elsewhere. I like how Martin said (in a way) that he's looking for loyalty here.

Tobias needs another year of college, simple as that. Scotty needs another year in college and a "how to" book on dribbling. I hope to God I don't hear about this kid going to all these prestegious basketball camps and clinics just to hit the hardwood in November and dribble the ball off of his big toe. Seriously over that junk. Ware went from early 5 star, to 4 star, to "raw, needs help". Sad situation but with the right coach, I'm sure he can be the player he was first reported to be. Jones is an absolute monster. I really hope we hold on to him because Golden will not be that guy for us and a weak point guard will be exposed more from a coach actually trying to run a halfcourt offense rather than Bruce Pearls playground ball.

no,,u spend a week reading about top shelf names then the cheep hope name gets hired,,alot of who is that is around.

the only reason you read about them was because people with no knowledge of the inside try to act like they do..and people believe them

It might be, but it's seven figures over three years, so the per year salary is more like mid six figures
Pretty sure the rookie wage scale has mid to late 1st founders making more than that.

Last edited:
no,,u spend a week reading about top shelf names then the cheep hope name gets hired,,alot of who is that is around.
Anyone with a pulse knew there was no chance in hell a top shelf named coach, would even consider the UT job at this point and time. Some UT fans would win the naive award of the Century if there was such an award. Pure stupidity.

For whatever reason you think that is funny, it gets old reading some of these posters who like to act as though they are experts by their use of current lingo. It's even funnier when their analysis is dead wrong, which BTW, is most often the norm for most of our posters

4 = Power forward. It's really that simple.

Kevin Ware's Twitter

"Why have I yet to talk to Mike Hamilton? SMH"

*Edit* Already has a whole thread about it. not a good 1st post lol

Last edited:
well, glad the players are all concerned about PF/4 analysis....now what are we hearing from the players about the coach???

My reaction.

963esohzq2.gif

Yes, you don't know what you are talking about. Tobias, WILL NOT play power forward in the NBA. Doesn't have the size.

BTW, I will stack my knowledge up against yours any day of the week. LOL

Does your vast amount of basketball knowledge contain anything on Charles Barkley? What about Glenn Davis? Do they have the "size"? DeJuan Blair? Lol.

Tobias will find a place in the league based on his ability to handle the ball so well for a guy that is pushing 6'8". He will need
To refine his defensive skills, and work on increasing his athleticism to be successful.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Lets make a bet about post season ban. What type of bet you ask? Just kidding...ban bets are banned.

TN will not be banned from the post season. Penalties will primarily follow Pearl, the program may lose a scholarship and have some recruiting restrictions at most.

I hope you're right. A lot depends on how well Hamilton handles the NCAA, though, and I am not confident on that count. If he can convince them that Pearl acted alone, and that there's not an atmosphere of non-compliance, then we'll get off easy and Bruce gets a Todd Bozeman time-out for a few years.

Does your vast amount of basketball knowledge contain anything on Charles Barkley? What about Glenn Davis? Do they have the "size"? DeJuan Blair? Lol.

Tobias will find a place in the league based on his ability to handle the ball so well for a guy that is pushing 6'8". He will need
To refine his defensive skills, and work on increasing his athleticism to be successful.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

There's a reason Barkley, Davis, and Blair can hang with post players. And none of those apply to Tobias. He will play PF, but he will get dominated defensively. He is a David West clone, that hasn't refined him jump shot.

VN Store

Back