Plavsic denied by NCAA

Apparently they’re going to apply for a 6th year, also seems like a long shot but I suppose why not try?
FWIW a few years back the NCAA claimed they were going To start adding a year to the end of players eligibility instead of granting immediate waivers. Now to my knowledge that never really happened but possibly that’s where this one is heading

Reactions: ArdentVol
FWIW a few years back the NCAA claimed they were going To start adding a year to the end of players eligibility instead of granting immediate waivers. Now to my knowledge that never really happened but possibly that’s where this one is heading

So instead of being a redshirt freshmen next year, he’d be a RS sophomore and can apply to be a 5th year senior basically. So you still get him fought four years

So instead of being a redshirt freshmen next year, he’d be a RS sophomore and can apply to be a 5th year senior basically. So you still get him fought four years

That’s what the NCAA was planning to do when they tried to make waivers extremely difficult a few years back. To my knowledge they never followed thru with that plan but maybe that’s going to happen here.

Reactions: volahoma
That’s what the NCAA was planning to do when they tried to make waivers extremely difficult a few years back. To my knowledge they never followed thru with that plan but maybe that’s going to happen here.
Maybe his case handler did not get the memo and is using a rule that was never enacted. Seems about right for the incompetent NCAA

Reactions: Plecoptera
This brings up a question. Suppose he is granted the ok to play late. By then the coaches & Uros decide to redshirt. Under these redshirt rules of you can play in a few games and keep your eligibility. Is there a cutoff for that. I mean if say the number is 4 or less. Could he suit up for the SEC tournament if we are on bubble. Or if we made it sit until we got in the dance? Or is this redshirt and still play like 4 games only a football rule. @Freak

This brings up a question. Suppose he is granted the ok to play late. By then the coaches & Uros decide to redshirt. Under these redshirt rules of you can play in a few games and keep your eligibility. Is there a cutoff for that. I mean if say the number is 4 or less. Could he suit up for the SEC tournament if we are on bubble. Or if we made it sit until we got in the dance? Or is this redshirt and still play like 4 games only a football rule. @Freak
Only a football rule. If he plays a single second, he loses that year of eligibility unless he qualified for a medical redshirt because of an injury. And even that has to occur before a certain point in the season, IIRC.

One, he redshirted last year. Two, there is no such rule in basketball. You play one game and you burn your redshirt, unless medical.

One, he redshirted last year. Two, there is no such rule in basketball. You play one game and you burn your redshirt, unless medical.

Three, even if a bogus medical redshirt case is fabricated, the player can not participate at all in the 2nd 50% of the season. So even that possibility is gone after the next game.

I think if he is given the ok to play this year even if it is the end of this month we should go ahead and play him. If we plays well the chances of him being here more than two years after that would be slim and none anyway and a player like him could make this season much better than it looks to be right now. With him we might make a deep run in the NCAA Tourney. Barnes keeps saying he still might be eligible hopefully that turns out to be true even if it is just for the last 8 games of the season and the post season.

I think if he is given the ok to play this year even if it is the end of this month we should go ahead and play him. If we plays well the chances of him being here more than two years after that would be slim and none anyway and a player like him could make this season much better than it looks to be right now. With him we might make a deep run in the NCAA Tourney. Barnes keeps saying he still might be eligible hopefully that turns out to be true even if it is just for the last 8 games of the season and the post season.
Agree, we should play him if we don't there is no guarantee that he will be eligible for another season. We are expecting the NCAA to keep their word which we know is not likely.

Reactions: Volfan2012
I would have to guess that he would opt to play professional basketball overseas before he stayed in college 6 years. If cleared, he will play even if there's just a few games left.

Reactions: walkenvol
Wasn't there supposed to be some type of decision on Uros' eligibility today? Could be wrong, but I thought I heard the ruling on his latest appeal was supposed to come down today.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Wasn't there supposed to be some type of decision on Uros' eligibility today? Could be wrong, but I thought I heard the ruling on his latest appeal was supposed to come down today.

Not sure on that but Barnes made a statement yesterday that they know what their team will
Be going forward. Sounded like closure to me

Agreed. Let him play as this will be invaluable for him to gain experience for next year. Plus, he has already sat last year and he needs to get out there.

Reactions: Volfan2012
He didn’t mention uros by name at all. Maybe I read too much into it. It was during his presser if any one else wants to give their take on it

I didn't get the vibe it was about Uros, more about Lamonte having to leave early and Santiago arriving and getting settled in.

Not sure on that but Barnes made a statement yesterday that they know what their team will
Be going forward. Sounded like closure to me
Maybe he was referring to the style of offensive play vs what he is accustomed to coaching and having to grind games out defensively? Haven’t hear the comment so not sure of the context.

VN Store

Back