Plavsic denied by NCAA

There needs to be a report released to the public or atleast the school for about the outcome of every transfer decision. One page stating in the simplest of terms why or why not someone is immediately eligible. Right now the NCAA has no accountability. The FBI had to step in to to stop cheating Lol.

Yes, and correct me if I'm wrong, but whenever Wiseman got the ball down low, he couldn't move because of the swarming D.

I wouldn't take too much away from this game. You cannot, in college, swarm Wiseman like you could in high school. Unlike his high school team, Memphis is loaded with talent. If you swarm Wiseman you'll be leaving another 5-star stud wide open. You'll have to just play him straight up and have minimal help D.

Reactions: feathersax
Orange Throat today on Basilio's blog "Rick Barnes is absolutely livid over the NCAA’s ruling on Uros Plavsic, and rightfully so. AD Fulmer was incensed as well, and released a pretty strong statement on Saturday. Insiders were talking about a possible lawsuit on Saturday."

May not be over just yet.

Orange Throat today on Basilio's blog "Rick Barnes is absolutely livid over the NCAA’s ruling on Uros Plavsic, and rightfully so. AD Fulmer was incensed as well, and released a pretty strong statement on Saturday. Insiders were talking about a possible lawsuit on Saturday."

Absolutely should move forward with a lawsuit. NCAA would back down in a heartbeat

From 2 years ago...
You think this thing has gotten personal between the two ADs?

Arizona State AD calls out Tennessee’s Phillip Fulmer, defends his own hire of Herm Edwards

But Anderson apparently thought Tennessee’s was much worse — and he called out Volunteers AD Phillip Fulmer for it.

“The athletic department there (at Tennessee) is perceived there as a cluster,” Anderson said. “Their athletic director, now Phil Fulmer, in the athletic director’s world is a pariah. It is not a good situation.”

Pretty sure I l know orange throat. If it’s the same person the options that are now going to have be play aren’t thought of very highly by Barnes either Fwiw

Reactions: RyanWalkerPGH

I hope UT does.

Reactions: feathersax

For Phil, that must mean two hecks instead of his usual one.
Possibly even 3 if he was really riled.
I'll be disappointed in Rick if he didn't go Vols-to-the-wall with the ncaa over this, but he seems determined to do his damnedest for the kid.

This is encouraging:
Vols will 'keep fighting' with second appeal for Uros Plavsic

Last edited:
Love it!! At this point I don’t see a downside. What’s the worst it would do, hurt our chances with the AA next time?. LOL like the b-ball luck could get worse.

Yep. No downside and a redshirt can’t happen anyway so the sooner the better but even if this takes awhile there is no decision to be made about that

It kinda sucks because it could be the difference in making a tournament or not. Still wish we got blackshear

I wouldn't take too much away from this game. You cannot, in college, swarm Wiseman like you could in high school. Unlike his high school team, Memphis is loaded with talent. If you swarm Wiseman you'll be leaving another 5-star stud wide open. You'll have to just play him straight up and have minimal help D.
They had 3 other very good D1 players. You think you know it all, don't you?

There needs to be a report released to the public or atleast the school for about the outcome of every transfer decision. One page stating in the simplest of terms why or why not someone is immediately eligible. Right now the NCAA has no accountability. The FBI had to step in to to stop cheating Lol.
Lol at the NCAA ever being transparent

Yes Sue them but use a span 1-3 years and go Class Action.....saw where a few transfers were allowed to start competing at Mid Year - Jan 2020. Why is this not an option?

If Plavsicis can't play for Tennessee this year, what team activities can he participate, or what is he not allowed to do (other than playing in games)?

Can he still be on the practice teams?

How about Rick suggesting Arizona state didn’t have a place on their roster for him.

That one is interesting

I believe he was suggesting that the 1st school can say that to help get the transfer eligible. Not necessarily saying that was the case at ASU.

He basically implied at the end that if you care for the athletes best-interest you should comply and do whatever it takes to help get them eligible.

VN Store

Back