Plavsic denied by NCAA

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I know this is being discussed in his thread but I thought this was worthy enough news for a new one.

Tennessee Director of Athletics Phillip Fulmer issued the following statement regarding men's basketball student-athlete Uroš Plavšić:

"Uros Plavsic was denied clearance to compete with our men's basketball program this season, and our appeal of that decision also was denied. We are extremely disappointed – quite frankly, stunned – in this outcome, and feel strongly that very compelling facts support clearance for immediate eligibility. We are at a loss as to how this decision aligns with a mission of prioritizing the well-being of student-athletes, and we are struggling to provide an explanation to a deserving young man who stands to lose a year of eligibility. We will stand by Uroš and support him in every way possible as we exhaust all options in advocating for his competitive opportunity."

Y’all are directing your anger incorrectly.

Look at Aubrey Solomon, he had (on the surface at least) less of a case than Uros to be immediately eligible but was because Michigan was fine with it and cooperated. Most likely Arizona State (for whatever reason) did not cooperate and was not fine with Uros being eligible. The NCAA usually defaults with what the school says from the transfer. Tennessee cooperated with DJ Burns transferring and he was eligible.

I know this is being discussed in his thread but I thought this was worthy enough news for a new one.

At this point, is there a downside to declaring overt cyber-war against the NCAA? Overloading it's servers with inbound manifestos. Bogging down it's social media accounts with fly-bys. Jamming it's phone lines with robo-callers. Thousands of letters each day from irate fans. What could they do to the University if we the fans declared war? Especially if CPF came out and publicly disassociated the University from the fans efforts.

Another question, is there any reason why a fanbase could not collectively sue the NCAA just to cost them money and generate bad publicity? If 200k of us chipped in 25 dollars, we could bury the NCAA in legal costs for a decade.

The goal isn't to get Plavsic eligible. The goal is to force the disbanding of the NCAA. I don't believe they'll ever be decent governance under this organization. Dartmouth and Emory should not have any input on how the SEC, ACC, et al operate athletics.

At this point, is there a downside to declaring overt cyber-war against the NCAA? Overloading it's servers with inbound manifestos. Bogging down it's social media accounts with fly-bys. Jamming it's phone lines with robo-callers. Thousands of letters each day from irate fans. What could they do to the University if we the fans declared war? Especially if CPF came out and publicly disassociated the University from the fans efforts.

Another question, is there any reason why a fanbase could not collectively sue the NCAA just to cost them money and generate bad publicity? If 200k of us chipped in 25 dollars, we could bury the NCAA in legal costs for a decade.

The goal isn't to get Plavsic eligible. The goal is to force the disbanding of the NCAA. I don't believe they'll ever be decent governance under this organization. Dartmouth and Emory should not have any input on how the SEC, ACC, et al operate athletics.

Okay there Lenin it’s about a basketball player playing this year, let’s take it easy. Don’t need a revolution comrade.

I’m a little ignorant on this issue so my question is.

1- what case did this young man have for transferring? I know a coach he was close to left his previous team. That doesn’t seem like just cause.

2 - has anyone gotten a waiver with a weaker case and who?

Reactions: BruisedOrange
We know the NCAA has two sets of rules. One for blue bloods, one for everyone else.

The lack of consistency from the NCAA is the issue everyone has....

What about when Enes Kanter was declared ineligible by the NCAA in 2011 and cost UK a legit chance at a national title?

Ok, the NCAA had a Bama grad and a Bama grad supervisor investigate Ole Miss immediately after Freeze beat Saban in back to back years.

Coincidence??

So the NCAA is screwing Tennessee for not letting a backup center play, yet let Aubrey Solomon play....so why didn’t they screw us then?

VN Store

Back