Plavsic denied by NCAA

Hubbs said on the radio yesterday that the ncaa was looking at over 400 transfer cases right now so we may know something by April.

Hubbs said on the radio yesterday that the ncaa was looking at over 400 transfer cases right now so we may know something by April.
I heard that as well, I can’t imagine those are all for tHe current year/b-ball though right? Has to include transfers for next year and spring sports I would think, which I would hope would be lower on the totem pole.

The higher profile cases get resolved sooner. Chase Young and James Wiseman being prime examples. It would be nice if UROS had closure for this year soon, one way or the other.

Anything but a denial would be totally shocking right now. Without new proof, why would they reverse themselves? It’s over.

Anything but a denial would be totally shocking right now. Without new proof, why would they reverse themselves? It’s over.

I agree. This one is over. I think Barnes is doing the right thing by continuing to fight it, but the NCAA doesn't like to admit that they were wrong, so I think it's time to put this one on ice. We're going to have to make it through this season without Plavsic, which really is a damn shame that the NCAA is letting Wisemen play half the season after a clear NCAA rule violation, but Plavsic, who has yet to play a second of college ball is having an entire year of eligibility stripped from him. Such a damn shame.

/rant

I agree. This one is over. I think Barnes is doing the right thing by continuing to fight it, but the NCAA doesn't like to admit that they were wrong, so I think it's time to put this one on ice. We're going to have to make it through this season without Plavsic, which really is a damn shame that the NCAA is letting Wisemen play half the season after a clear NCAA rule violation, but Plavsic, who has yet to play a second of college ball is having an entire year of eligibility stripped from him. Such a damn shame.

/rant
To be honest, I think Penny Hardaway did the right thing by fighting the NCAA. Its about time somebody did. You can't argue the results.

To be honest, I think Penny Hardaway did the right thing by fighting the NCAA. Its about time somebody did. You can't argue the results.

Agree to disagree. Penny can fight it, it's well within his rights, but comparing Barnes and Penny and their situations is apples to oranges. I'm not going to kiss Penny and give him brownie points for fighting the NCAA on an issue of his own making. He illicitly paid a player against BOTH TSSAA and NCAA rules. I'm not shedding a tear for him. Meanwhile, Plavsic has done nothing but follow the rules and he's being punished. So I don't think they two are even remotely the same.

The result for Memphis is that Wiseman got an additional 3 games tacked onto his suspension, including the game against us that I'm sure Penny would love to win, along with the pretty strong possibility of a major infractions case against the school. From my vantage point, the NCAA won that fight.

VN Store

Back