Plavsic Cleared?!

From what I've seen of Vescovi so far, he's the best "outside shooter" we've had in awhile

He’s one of the best outside shooters....”when he has an open look.”

Vescovi certainly seems to be a good player, and a very good shooter. I think “time” will be greatly beneficial to him as well.

If you watch him shoot, he has a very slow shot and release. He likes to get an actual look at the basket. Then he shoots and he almost has a kind of “hitch” to his shot which takes just a tiny bit of time for him to release the ball.

This makes it much harder for him to have say a quick catch and shoot shot. It makes for fine spot up shooting (when open) but hinders his “catch and shoot” and hinders him making shots himself.

Because of his slight “hitch” he isn’t close to one of the best shooters at Tennessee in a while......but because he shoots the ball so well.......it makes him look like one.

don’t get me wrong, he is a fine shooter, and with time, work and practice he could “improve” his shooting mechanics and become a deadly shooter.

Reactions: 76vol
The one thing we have been missing on offense is rebound put back. Cheap points they call them. Uros may get us two or three baskets each game.

For a team that defends well but has proven to be very offensively challenged, two or three trash baskets per game could easily be the difference between a .500 season and being in the conversation come tournament selection time.

Reactions: JoAllan
Remember Breedlove being kicked off the team when I was a youngster.

Was DeCarsta Webster 7 feet tall. He transferred early his freshman year, later played with Larry Bird At Indiana St

If my memory is still ok, I think Breedlove quit after he got in a fight in Gibbs Hall with Steve Kiner. Kiner was kicked out of Gibbs after that incident.

Reactions: Dr H Lecter
Seeing as that we have basically no inside presence, I think UP starts and logs respectable minutes. Fulky to 4, Pons to 3. It will be fun to watch the paint with UP and JF moving around. I would, at least, expect Plav to get some easy put-backs. Obviously, if we can hit some outside shots to stretch the defense and have SOMEBODY step up and dribble-drive, it would help the anemic offense.

For a team that defends well but has proven to be very offensively challenged, two or three trash baskets per game could easily be the difference between a .500 season and being in the conversation come tournament selection time.
Yes indeed. In CHRIST Alone

Barnes said Plavsic was ready to play and contribute. He said that Uros and Victor Bailey would be seeing a lot of minutes this year if they were both eligible. Now that Plavsic is, I expect he will see upwards of 20 minutes per game if he stays out of foul trouble. He's been practicing and playing in scrimmages etc every day, radio said he was in great physical shape. If we can get 7-8 points and 7-8 rebounds and a couple of blocks a game that would be big. If nothing else, when guys are blowing by Pember, they'll have a 7 footer in the post now to shoot over.

Barnes said Plavsic was ready to play and contribute. He said that Uros and Victor Bailey would be seeing a lot of minutes this year if they were both eligible. Now that Plavsic is, I expect he will see upwards of 20 minutes per game if he stays out of foul trouble. He's been practicing and playing in scrimmages etc every day, radio said he was in great physical shape. If we can get 7-8 points and 7-8 rebounds and a couple of blocks a game that would be big. If nothing else, when guys are blowing by Pember, they'll have a 7 footer in the post now to shoot over.
He is gonna take Pembers minutes as well as a few others ON and maybe Gaines. Will reduce Fulky and Pons minutes also.

Stupid me. I asked for pronunciation in a thread that doesn't even have the spelling right.

BTW, it's Uroš Plavšić from Ivanjica, Serbia and I still don't know how to pronounce it. Requesting prayers for Kesling.

Reactions: feathersax
He is gonna take Pembers minutes as well as a few others ON and maybe Gaines. Will reduce Fulky and Pons minutes also.

Plavsic is going to take minutes from Pember, Olivier, Gaines, Fulkerson, and Pons.......dang, Plavsic is going to get a ton of minutes. Getting them from the 3, 4 and 5.

I’m hoping he’s this good.

Reactions: Evil King Snake
In a weird way this could end up being an advantage for the team. All scouting reports don’t include him and Barnes will undoubtedly reconfigure roles and strategies with his inclusion. Like a change up with the season more than halfway through. Just in time for the heavy conference schedule, we almost have a totally different team with a 7 footer and point guard.

Plavsic is going to take minutes from Pember, Olivier, Gaines, Fulkerson, and Pons.......dang, Plavsic is going to get a ton of minutes. Getting them from the 3, 4 and 5.

I’m hoping he’s this good.

Exactly what I was thinking. Yeah he's gonna play the full 40 LOL. I get a kick out of this board

Reactions: JoAllan
Stupid me. I asked for pronunciation in a thread that doesn't even have the spelling right.

BTW, it's Uroš Plavšić from Ivanjica, Serbia and I still don't know how to pronounce it. Requesting prayers for Kesling.
Kesling will pronounce it Erros Plaidstitch. Or Evos Purositch.

Bob is the worst. He needs to go away

This should greatly prevent the second chance points of our opponents and of course we need all the offense we can get. The dual threat of Plavsic and Fulkerson inside is huge.

LOL ok coach 🤣
Respectfully I truly think you have this completely backwards. If Uros can provide paint points and touches. This will begin to let us play from INSIDE to OUT. Even if a team sags off the 3 point line and dares you to shoot, it is completely different than receiving a solid pass from the paint to the perimeter,in motion, to get an amazing look. I hope you can remember last years three point shooting primarily began with a paint touch to Grant or Kyle or Admiral then back out to the perimeter. If you have ever played or even shot at the YMCA you can understand and feel how much easier of a motion it is to receive a pass from the paint to set your feet and drill a shot. A pass swung to you from wing to top of the key or from Top to wing is not the even comparable. If Uros can play defense, Rebound, and Pass out of the paint, he will be a game changer. We do not need 15 to 20 pts a game from him. I am excited to see this young man represent the University of Tennessee tonight in Athens.

Reactions: 76vol
Thinking JJJ takes that matchup.
Can’t wait to see it too. JJJ has already shown to be a good defender. Imo
I think his length, lateral quickness and shot contest gives UT the best chance to contain that beast.

VN Store

Back