Plavsic Cleared?!

I mentioned KA 7 posts above that one.

SportsReference dot com lists the height. For some reason they omitted many of Jerry Green's player's heights. A few are missing in the Mears pages as well. We briefly had 5 guys that were 7' or very close one year (1973?) in the 70s. Kosmalski, Brykalski, Greg Longshore, and 2 others. Most of them only stayed for a cup of coffee. Rupert Breedlove from A-E might have been one of those 5. Kosmalski was really good and it's a shame that he didn't overlap at all with King. Kosmalski played one year with Grunfeld.
Breedlove was 6'10''

Uros has achieved legendary status without playing a game for Tennessee. He is the basketball version of Paul Bain.

In all seriousness, I’m very excited that he’s eligible but I know very little about his game. Has anyone seen him practice that can comment?
He averaged a point a minute at ASU.

I think it will be very good for our team, but it will probably even further highlight our inability to feed the post or make outside shots. I don’t see him saving our offense.

I hope his defense is legit.

I do understand the hesitation behind not wanting to mess up Fulk and Pons as they are our two best performers consistently, but it might be worth trying big ball (though I’m sure teams will pack the paint).

Also allows you to move Pons to the 3 and let Bowden come off the bench like last year. Wouldn't surprise me if Uros starts tomorrow.

I would expect him to start and play 10 minutes or more - likely closer to 20. He and Santi change the outlook for this team, which was quite grim just 2 weeks ago. It is hard to predict how the season plays out, but now we have a chance to compete if everyone continues to improve.

Obviously, I am going mostly on hearsay about how good he is, but we should know a lot by the end of the Georgia game. I don't think Coach Barnes is going to be easing him in too much.

Reactions: sport3500
I would expect him to start and play 10 minutes or more - likely closer to 20. He and Santi change the outlook for this team, which was quite grim just 2 weeks ago. It is hard to predict how the season plays out, but now we have a chance to compete if everyone continues to improve.

Obviously, I am going mostly on hearsay about how good he is, but we should know a lot by the end of the Georgia game. I don't think Coach Barnes is going to be easing him in too much.
Certainly brightened my day and outlook. Can't wait.

Reactions: i2amavol
It will be interesting to see how many minutes he gets against Georgia tomorrow night and this is a huge boost to the front line.

What information was omitted from the initial appeal? I'd like to know if the UT Athletic Department made a mistake initially or if they discovered a new angle to pursue. I'm not going to condemn the NCAA (in this specific case) or celebrate or criticize Fulmer's handling of the situation without knowing the facts.
Why not? Its the VN way!

This will certainly help.....I just hope it’s not bad timing (for fans anyway).

I know.....”bad timing” sounds dumb, knowing Tennessee needs every player they can get...and knowing they can certainly use more size and help down low.

My thing is “if” he were going to become available....it would have been amazing if it had happened say 3 weeks to a month ago....Tennessee could be in a different position right now.

I think people will be expecting “more” now and may be disappointed, come the end of the season......don’t get me wrong, I’m very hopeful, and I clearly understand this helps Tennessee.....should help them a lot.

The prob is Tennessee can only lose up to 6 more games, and have hopes of making the tournament. Tennessee still has to play Kansas, Kentucky twice, Auburn twice, Arkansas twice, at Georgia and they play Florida.......and at Vandy, at SC, at Ms ST, and at Bama.

That’s going to be almost impossible with this team......not saying impossible, as I still have hope they can make it.....but I understand just how difficult that may be.

Adding Plavsic helps, but does it get Tennessee a win vs everyone who isn’t KY, Ark, Auburn and Kansas? And does it still pick up a couple of those?

If Tennessee shoots well they can beat anyone, as long as their D shows up.....but as we know their shooting has been struggling.

Again, I’m hopeful Tennessee can do “something” with the new addition....and I’m certain it will make Tennessee better. Just with 5 losses right now......and the tough part of the schedule remaining.....making the tournament will be extremely difficult.

I think it will be very good for our team, but it will probably even further highlight our inability to feed the post or make outside shots. I don’t see him saving our offense.

I hope his defense is legit.

I do understand the hesitation behind not wanting to mess up Fulk and Pons as they are our two best performers consistently, but it might be worth trying big ball (though I’m sure teams will pack the paint).

From what I've seen of Vescovi so far, he's the best "outside shooter" we've had in awhile

VN Store

Back