Pittsburgh tickets

LordieLee

Does anyone know where the seats are for TN fans for the Pittsburgh game? There are tickets available through ticket providers and want to be with TN brethren.

Just found out from UT ticket office that the band will be in section 101.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmokinBob
Does anyone know where the seats are for TN fans for the Pittsburgh game? There are tickets available through ticket providers and want to be with TN brethren.

UT only got a small block of tickets for program family and admin folks. Sure high level donors included in that group. Very small amount and not sure of location. Most UT fans are going to be scattered around the stadium. Some message board sites were trying to coordinate UT fans buying in sections 208, 209, etc. Those areas. But no specific section for UT.

We are in the top 1500 and they weren't available to use. I bought 4 through Pittsburgh's website in the lower level and they were astronomical. But, they were much less than 3rd party sites that are just price gouging like hell

Last edited:
How is TN not getting a decent sized block of tickets for this game? Not like there’s overwhelming demand for Pitt football.

Reactions: VOLnVANDYland
That's where we will be. Looks like 20-30 yard line area on visiter side. The sun will be in our faces, but hopefully not for long.
I didn’t even think about that. It was a pain trying to get 10 tickets on the same row. My first game in like 12 years and first for my wife and kids.

Pitt sold out their game the week before (Backyard Brawl with West Virginia)

Pitt and WVU are old Big East rivals and old rivals in general. Morgantown is only about an hour south of Pittsburgh. WVU has a pretty rabid and loyal fanbase, I'm sure they travel well. I'd guess the Backyard Brawl sells out each time they play.

I didn’t even think about that. It was a pain trying to get 10 tickets on the same row. My first game in like 12 years and first for my wife and kids.

I looked for 4 together on the home side just to be in shade, but couldn't find 4 together anywhere. I think I bought the last 4 together in 113. I think we are low enough and slightly later in the year and eastern time zone, so I am hopeful the sun will fall behind the opposite upper deck pretty quickly. Bring a hat and sunglasses in case......

Last edited:
Reactions: Sarms58
Pitt and WVU are old Big East rivals and old rivals in general. Morgantown is only about an hour south of Pittsburgh. WVU has a pretty rabid and loyal fanbase, I'm sure they travel well. I'd guess the Backyard Brawl sells out each time they play.

Be willing to bet when that game’s on the tube you’ll see empty seats galore.

Just found out from UT ticket office that the band will be in section 101.

How is TN not getting a decent sized block of tickets for this game? Not like there’s overwhelming demand for Pitt football.
Real question would be, what percentage we gave them last year (I don’t know the answer)

What did TN provide Pitt last year? Small block of tix in lower part of A/B and the rest in upper corner of south end zone?

I really don't know. I suspect Pitt does not travel well so doubt they asked for many. Those get decided usually at contract time on the number of tickets but not locations. Visitor sections can be changed during the time from contract until when the game gets played. Contracts are typically 6-8 years ahead of when game happens.

VN Store

Back