Pitt Was The Better Team?

Let's look at this.... If you take away the over throws, the penalties, and the stupid calls on defense, and QB choice and played to win what would the score had been? 4th and inches and we don't convert? who was the better team?

We gave them this game. Plain and simple.
We are who we are. Stupid premise.
If Peyton would have beat Florida he would have won the Heisman. If, if, if

Pitt was the more poised team, talent is probably pretty close, id give UT a slight edge in talent overall. When the talent gap is that small the key deciding factor will always be leadership/experience. I believe they have 26 seniors who most of have seen significant playing time. We have not really had that Jajuan Jennings type guy step up and be a leader yet. I like the fight in this team, I think they will get better from this loss in the long run and gain some confidence. Pitt had the better QB play and ultimately that made the difference. I am not sure Milton or Hooker are the answer to the QB position as both are good runners but below average passers.. If we cant find a way to get pressure without bringing LB's or DB's every down we are in for a long season against our SEC schedule opponents.

Defensively, the whole game was weird. It felt like we were making plays, then you look up and see 41 points on the board. We're just not good enough to overcome turnovers and field position.

If we perform like that against Ole Miss, Fla, UGa, Bama and likely Kentucky and Mizzouri we will get our asses beaten like we haven't seen before. With solid QB we can be competitive with KY, Mizz and maybe UF given that qb may have pulled a hammy. I Don't expect it. Thats the only IF I see.

Pitt was not the better team. Tennessee had 13 penalties for 134 yards I believe. You cannot commit those amount of mistakes and beat anyone. Tennessee also threw away points on over thrown passes and eventually just cut it's own throat by wearing out their own defense. If they're going to make this a decent year, they have to clean up and get better disciplined. Period.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Im not even sure the rest of Pitts team is average the qb will play on Sunday

Which just goes to show you what a difference a good QB makes. Fulmer used to say the two most important positions on your team is QB and DT. If you're solid at both of those positions you can win a lot of games.

They won so they are.

They are also a middle of the pack ACC team.

All the “ifs and buts” won’t change that.

Reactions: rjd970
Defensively, the whole game was weird. It felt like we were making plays, then you look up and see 41 points on the board. We're just not good enough to overcome turnovers and field position.
Every set of downs it was like 0-2 yards, 0-2 yards, 15 yards. Keep the chains moving. Every single time. We just couldn't string together 3 solid defensive plays in a row enough to keep them out of the endzone. Oddly enough, if it wasn't for that disastrous 27-point 2nd quarter, we win. We were as good or better 3/4 of the game.

Pitt made far fewer mistakes so you have to give them credit for being the better team THAT DAY. That said, even with the mistakes, Tennessee had a great chance to tie the game and maybe win it in reg or OT.

Let's look at this.... If you take away the over throws, the penalties, and the stupid calls on defense, and QB choice and played to win what would the score had been? 4th and inches and we don't convert? who was the better team?

We gave them this game. Plain and simple.
Just based off title, no. We gave the game away. Over and over and over

Pitt is middle of the road average.
You can’t be as good as they claim and give up 30+
They have no run game
If Tennessee plays better coverages the passing game wouldn’t be as much either.
They had Tennessee on the ropes over and over and couldn’t knock them out.

This. They are an average team in maybe the worst P5 conference. If they were as good as some make them out to be on they would have won by 3 TDs at least. But they didn't. Vandy is the only team I don't think would have beaten them Saturday. Mizzou and SC probably would have lost about the same as us and every other team would have likely won; most of them would have destroyed that Pitt effort. Their defense is slow and their secondary is terrible, and they couldn't establish a run game.

Truth Pitt sucks and probably wont win 7 games. We **** the bed.

They'll win at least 7, if for no other reason than their OOC schedule is cupcake heaven. That's 4 wins right there alone. Georgia Tech, Duke, and Syracuse are all not good. Miami is maybe a toss up. I'll be shocked if they are better than 8-4 though.

They'll win at least 7, if for no other reason than their OOC schedule is cupcake heaven. That's 4 wins right there alone. Georgia Tech, Duke, and Syracuse are all not good. Miami is maybe a toss up. I'll be shocked if they are better than 8-4 though.

Narduzzi can send Heupel a 'Jam of the Month' club subscription this Christmas when he gets a 5 year extension and a raise.

VN Store

Back