Pitt Was The Better Team?

VolunteerNut

Let's look at this.... If you take away the over throws, the penalties, and the stupid calls on defense, and QB choice and played to win what would the score had been? 4th and inches and we don't convert? who was the better team?

We gave them this game. Plain and simple.

Pitt is middle of the road average.
You can’t be as good as they claim and give up 30+
They have no run game
If Tennessee plays better coverages the passing game wouldn’t be as much either.
They had Tennessee on the ropes over and over and couldn’t knock them out.

Pitt is middle of the road average.
You can’t be as good as they claim and give up 30+
They have no run game
If Tennessee plays better coverages the passing game wouldn’t be as much either.
They had Tennessee on the ropes over and over and couldn’t knock them out.

Above average nationally. They are one of the contenders for the Coastal Division of the ACC (or whatever stupid name their division has).

I would agree they are middle of the pack for an SEC team. I think they are about the level of Kentucky, which is still slightly avove average for the SEC (so weird to say that about UK).

Reactions: hUTch2002
Above average nationally. They are one of the contenders for the Coastal Division of the ACC (or whatever stupid name their division has).

I would agree they are middle of the pack for an SEC team. I think they are about the level of Kentucky, which is still slightly avove average for the SEC (so weird to say that about UK).

Good comparison I guess. They’ll probably win the ACC because Clemson isn’t there yet.

I don't know about Pitt as a whole but their quarterback was certainly better than anything UT put on the field.
Was at the game their offense is very good with an above avg QB. The TE they have #7 looks like a beast but didn’t see him do much. The defense of theirs wasn’t that great, their cb’s were getting smoked by our guys. Tennessee was wearing them out with our offense also.. they will win 8 this year..

The glass is always half full for me. Totally agree that we win, probably win going away, if Milton can hit the side of a barn over 30 yards.

But...how hard is that to correct? I kept reading how Milton has "uncorrectable" issues (after a single game with no spring practice and only 4-5 starts at Michigan with no fall or spring practice in a pandemic year). Surely timing on long routes is one of the easier things to correct? It has to be easier than not having arm strength.

And if not, we have Hooker to get us through this year while we plan for the future, and Bailey waiting in the wings even if he can't run that well.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
We played poorly in spots, yet stayed in the game.
Pitt was deeper than us. We needed to take advantage early and missed out, but still hung around. Pitt made plays when they needed to to seal the game. We didn't.

Let's look at this.... If you take away the over throws, the penalties, and the stupid calls on defense, and QB choice and played to win what would the score had been? 4th and inches and we don't convert? who was the better team?

Pitt is one of those teams, that you don't have to bring your A+ game for four full quarters to beat, but you can't bring your F game to one quarter, your C+/B- game to the other three and expect a win.

Hats off to Chris Bickell '97 Head Coach Narduzzi for capitalizing on our 2nd quarter meltdown.

with a decent QB we win that game by 21

Take away the 3 turnovers and 130 yards in penalties and we win anyway. We beat ourselves, plain and simple. The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win. To quote Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men "yes, I'm certain that I read that somewhere once."

Reactions: Nationdom
Call it whatever you guys want, a decent QB and this game is over in the 1st Qtr. When you have a chance to put someone away early and don't this is what happens. Also the horrible 2nd qtr. Milton sucks have I said that enough yet. 135 yards in penalties.... thats bad. We will be lucky if we win 6 games. We had Pitt on the ropes and laid a turd. I give the guys credit for fighting haven't seen that in a while. Coaches n3ed to do a better job evaluating players cause QB1 he wasn't

Penalties and turnovers are part of the game, so Pitt was the better team Saturday. Doesn't mean they would always be the better team.

There isnt a position on this team that shouldnt be up for grabs today with exception of Baron ,Jackson and Cooper Mays.

Reactions: Volz4lif3
If Milton hits 2 of the 5 long balls, we win by double digits, and are feeling pretty good about ourselves. And may have some SEC teams really nervous to play us.

Instead, UT gonna UT. We don't feel good. No teams remotely worried about us.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife

I hope they stick to the same philosophy on defense. Love the style, we are running short of players! We are just going to short handed with injuries, recruits can easily see themselves playing in this style!

VN Store

Back