Pictures of Warren down on terrible spot?

He would have had to

He would have had to crawl that far to where he landed. That is conclusive evidence that he was not down or he would not have landed waist in the middle of the line. He was leaning very low and hard, but he was not down.

Now you're just being intentionally dishonest.

Reactions: Orange Raid
I just watched this a few minutes ago (first time I've seen it since I left Neyland Saturday night right after they called it short). And watching it in real time, I just can't see how someone can be behind him 15 yards and not think he has the first down. I'm talking about the initial call....which also wouldn't have been overturned. Why doesn't the player get the benefit of the doubt? (I know the answer to that one.)
You’d think, at home, we’d get one of these calls someday…

It sure looked like the umpire who got there first was going to spot us a first down. He was only 15 yards behind the play, whereas the linesman he deferred to ran up afterward from 20 yards behind + 20 yards to the side of the play. I think that contributed to the uproar.

Reactions: vollygirl

It sure looked like the umpire who got there first was going to spot us a first down. He was only 15 yards behind the play, whereas the linesman he deferred to ran up afterward from 20 yards behind + 20 yards to the side of the play. I think that contributed to the uproar.
There was another play, I told my husband we had it because I saw the ref, but another ref overruled him.

I wish I didn't care so much.

Doesn’t matter he got close enough. The replay is yhe final say so. Not enough to move it. But yes, the damn refs should be in much better position

About having to crawl that far? Again watch the game film. Did he slide over a yard? No. Why do the first two clips purport to show him down way before the line then? Bad angles.

Your "bad angle" argument fell apart, so now you've switched to "he couldn't possibly have slid or bounced / he would have had to get up and crawl."

Reactions: Orange Raid
Doesn’t matter he got close enough. The replay is yhe final say so. Not enough to move it. But yes, the damn refs should be in much better position
Perhaps, but if it was ruled a first down on the field it would not have been overturned. The ruling stood, wasn’t confirmed. The camera angles were poor. I’m definitely not convinced either way by the pictures ITT.

By the way, why don’t we just have cameras on the chains at the first down spot?

Perhaps, but if it was ruled a first down on the field it would not have been overturned. The ruling stood, wasn’t confirmed. The camera angles were poor. I’m definitely not convinced either way by the pictures ITT.

By the way, why don’t we just have cameras on the chains at the first down spot?
Excuse me while I find the mind exploding gif............

Reactions: BartW
Your "bad angle" argument fell apart, so now you've switched to "he couldn't possibly have slid or bounced / he would have had to get up and crawl."

You are clearly a bama fan on here for no reason other than to rag on TN. Let me lay it our one more time for you. The first two clips seem to show him down way before the first down yard line, but there is a lot of shadow under his legs which indicates that he is not down, but the way we know that he is not down is because he made one flop right onto of the first down marker, at his waist, with no long slide as you tried to sell. Those first two clips are bad angles of him being down. There is no way he could have been down in the first two clips and flopped down on the first down. A lot of the folks on here have bought into those two clips and other bad angles.

The only thing that fell apart was your BS slide theory and that the first two clips were accurate and the fact that you are a bama fan on at TN board acting like you are neutral.

You are clearly a bama fan on here for no reason other than to rag on TN. Let me lay it our one more time for you. The first two clips seem to show him down way before the first down yard line, but there is a lot of shadow under his legs which indicates that he is not down, but the way we know that he is not down is because he made one flop right onto of the first down marker, at his waist, with no long slide as you tried to sell. Those first two clips are bad angles of him being down. There is no way he could have been down in the first two clips and flopped down on the first down. A lot of the folks on here have bought into those two clips and other bad angles.

The only thing that fell apart was your BS slide theory and that the first two clips were accurate and the fact that you are a bama fan on at TN board acting like you are neutral.
He's here because he wants to interact with people who can read and write.

On one OM drive, the refs clearly missed a hold on first down on the LOS. Yet they called one on the second play downfield that resulted in a 2nd &7. Instead of calling the first one & it being 1st & 20 inside the 20 yd line, OM got benefit of over 20 yds and still only faced a 2nd & 7. Not a difficult penalty to overcome.

On one OM drive, the refs clearly missed a hold on first down on the LOS. Yet they called one on the second play downfield that resulted in a 2nd &7. Instead of calling the first one & it being 1st & 20 inside the 20 yd line, OM got benefit of over 20 yds and still only faced a 2nd & 7. Not a difficult penalty to overcome.
I sit in X1. I, ME, I could see holding from where I was sitting and most of the time things are happening too fast for me to keep up. But I could see holding happening.

That's a problem.

Why is there a shadow underneath him? Maybe because he wasn't down yet. Bullshi call. I can hear you better than thou's now 'oh, but his knee was down his knee was down! ' Give me a break! Bad spot, bad call. Especially in our own house!
Clueless.

You are clearly a bama fan on here for no reason other than to rag on TN.

Now explain the Vol fans disagreeing with you.

Let me lay it our one more time for you. The first two clips seem to show him down way before the first down yard line, but there is a lot of shadow under his legs which indicates that he is not down,

There is no shadown under his legs. There is under his upper body. You can't just make a statement and will it into truth.

but the way we know that he is not down is because he made one flop right onto of the first down marker, at his waist, with no long slide as you tried to sell.

High school physics says you're wrong.

Those first two clips are bad angles of him being down.

Then yours is bad, too. They. Are. The. Same.

There is no way he could have been down in the first two clips and flopped down on the first down.

You're right. He didn't flop down at the line to gain. He came to rest there.

A lot of the folks on here have bought into those two clips and other bad angles. So let me show you the same angle and claim it's different.

Fixed for accuracy.

Like I said. You're just being dishonest, which is worse than simply being mistaken.

Dead wrong. He got the first down. There are no angles shown other than cherry picked bad camera angles that nobody even knows where they came from and at what point they were taken. Watch the full speed play. He got it.
Orange colored glasses again. There were plenty of issues with the refs but that call was correct. I’m done with discussing it. He didn’t get the first down. End of discussion.

LOL. You mean the shot where he hits the ground on the other side of the first down marker? Your comment actually applies to every picture shown before my post that clearly shows that the shot was taken too soon and at a bad angle (cherry picked bad facts). The ACTUAL FULL SPEED GAME FILM shows it was a first down.
Obviously you don’t watch much football. You don’t get to bounce over the line like a basketball.

Reactions: bamawriter
I don’t think the ball got to the imaginary line for the first down but it was a lot closer than where they marked it. The ball was a yd closer. It should have been remarked after replay & measured (the tv line isn’t always accurate) for a first down instead of Dofus just saying review says “First down Ole Miss”

I think if the correct mark was used and it was short, things may have been different.

Reactions: VolGee4
I don’t think the ball got to the imaginary line for the first down but it was a lot closer than where they marked it. The ball was a yd closer. It should have been remarked after replay & measured (the tv line isn’t always accurate) for a first down instead of Dofus just saying review says “First down Ole Miss”

I think if the correct mark was used and it was short, things may have been different.

If he'd made the line they would have moved the ball. That's what the LTG review is for.

One could call holding on every play. I’m not going to fault them on too many holding calls. You get into “the spirit of the rule” and does it affect the play many times. I hate that call almost as much as targeting because it varies from official to official what they let the linemen get away with. We seem to get that flag thrown on us a lot.

VN Store

Back