Phil Steele's 2012 Preseason All-SEC Team

Actually Bray played 7 games. Here's Franklin's numbers for ya against about the same talent level Bray faced in his 7 games.

Carries 217 yards 981 YPA 4.5 15 td's
Passing
139.88 Eff. 238-376-11 int 63.3 % 2865 yards 21 td's

Played 2 games with a thumb that was just broke and not 100 pct. So Franklin through for 981 through 7 games, thats hard to read

About as much as Franklin. 9 wins in that conference doesn't impress me. Try again.

What has Bray done within his own conf. ? who has he beat ? Franklin has beat better in conf teams than Bray has beaten OOC teams. Im not bashing Bray in any way but Im not crowning him either.Until he can beat a Fla,Ga,Bama and show he can read a def and check into the right run play then he might impress.

Which will be hilarious. He is the one significant prognosticator who has been positive about UT on the whole.

Uh, no. I made mistake of buying his magazine last year. It listed a lot of old meaningless (for upcoming yr) stats and didn't really analyze or predict anything at all. Worthless. :disappointed:

What has Bray done within his own conf. ? who has he beat ? Franklin has beat better in conf teams than Bray has beaten OOC teams. Im not bashing Bray in any way but Im not crowning him either.Until he can beat a Fla,Ga,Bama and show he can read a def and check into the right run play then he might impress.

Franklin went 5-4 in his conference. He did beat A&M and Texas. That's still not that impressive, IMO.

Not defending Bray. Just saying that Franklin isn't a clear choice above him.

Reactions: 1 person
Bray has actually played SEC competition and has won some SEC games. What about Franklin?

Lol yeah and lost to a WR at Kentucky. If it wasn't for Da'Rick making an awesome grab would have lost to Vandy too. also again I'm not bashing Bray but Franklin is more proven stat wise then Bray. I think Bray has more potential. I'm excited to see what Bray can do this year and by all means I hope he has 3500 passing and 30 tds. But let's wait and watch him put up the wins and stats before making him them next Peyton Manning.

All of the Qb's listed above him won games and went to Bowl Games. That counts and it's foolish to think otherwise.

All of the Qb's listed above him won games and went to Bowl Games. That counts and it's foolish to think otherwise.

In order to get wins, the TEAM has to do it. So when Bray starts playing every position, that argument would be valid. If Bray threw for 3500 yards and 25 TDs last year, you wouldn't claim him to be in the top 4 cause the team didn't win?

Actually he has to perform well to win. He is the QB at a major University. If he doesn't do well the team doesn't do well. That's usually the case for all teams.The QB is the general on the field. That's why they are paid a lot more at the next level.You can have the best RB or wide receivers in the world but unless you have someone to get the ball in there hands it doesn't matter much. Also those guys put up stats,I agree they aren't mind blowing but unless you are all world unless you win you don't get awards in today"s game.
Eric Berry comes to mind here. We didn't actually win a lot of games his last year. But we won enough to make a bowl game. He was also the best DB in the country. Do you think he would have got that over the guy from Bama if we didn't make a bowl ?

In order to get wins, the TEAM has to do it. So when Bray starts playing every position, that argument would be valid. If Bray threw for 3500 yards and 25 TDs last year, you wouldn't claim him to be in the top 4 cause the team didn't win?

Also Bray hasn't put up those types of numbers.And yes I would make the claim he was in the top 2 Qbs in the SEC if that were the case. But he Hasn't so your point is mute.

Also Bray hasn't put up those types of numbers.And yes I would make the claim he was in the top 2 Qbs in the SEC if that were the case. But he Hasn't so your point is mute.

If he played all the games, you can bet they would be similar. So he is penalized for being injured? Doesn't take away the fact he is good enough to do that.

Dude yes he has the potential to, it doesn't mean he will. He has two of the top 3 or 4 receivers in the league. They make plays for him. Let's just hope JH and DR stay healthy cause they have helped him out with some great catches. It takes time to grow up. I hope by the end of the year he is all sec first team. And he very well could be,but he has some things to do to achieve that. So with that said let's wait and see the verdict is still out on this one. Also he missed five games against the best competition in the SEC,so lets not say that he would have had similar numbers just yet. He would have thrown several more picks and % would have went down more then likely.

Lol yeah and lost to a WR at Kentucky. If it wasn't for Da'Rick making an awesome grab would have lost to Vandy too. also again I'm not bashing Bray but Franklin is more proven stat wise then Bray. I think Bray has more potential. I'm excited to see what Bray can do this year and by all means I hope he has 3500 passing and 30 tds. But let's wait and watch him put up the wins and stats before making him them next Peyton Manning.
you never answered the question...And Bray put that ball exactly where he needed to. It's called a back shoulder throw. You sound lije a vandy fan with those stupid arguments.

You would hope that Bray would look at this article, get ticked-off and work his butt off to prove everyone wrong.

I like the guy, but I'm not too confident that this will be the case.

Nice number one receiver BS who lead the league again ?

Mr. Hunter says hello.
16 receptions 302 yards and 2 touchdowns in two games
He would have easily lead the league if Rogers still did with Bray getting injured and getting double teamed every game.

Which ones

2013 NFL Mock Draft: Tyler Bray To Chiefs In First Round - Barbecue Sauce - SB Nation Kansas City

2013 NFL Mock Drafts - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

College Football’s best teams (based on 2013 Draft talent) « NFL Draft Coverage, Scouting Reports, and More

Oh Tyler Bray is being picked to be first round in next years draft by most people and he's not top 4 in his own conference? Riggghhttt man...:good!:

Actually he has to perform well to win. He is the QB at a major University. If he doesn't do well the team doesn't do well. That's usually the case for all teams.The QB is the general on the field. That's why they are paid a lot more at the next level.You can have the best RB or wide receivers in the world but unless you have someone to get the ball in there hands it doesn't matter much. Also those guys put up stats,I agree they aren't mind blowing but unless you are all world unless you win you don't get awards in today"s game.
Eric Berry comes to mind here. We didn't actually win a lot of games his last year. But we won enough to make a bowl game. He was also the best DB in the country. Do you think he would have got that over the guy from Bama if we didn't make a bowl ?

LSU says hello. Most people have said that LSU had the best regular season in the modern era and they split time with two terrible QBs.

Also, are you serious about EB? He would have won the award had we gone 2-10, are you kidding me about whether we went to a bowl game, wow.

This is a preseason poll based on this years potential. It's not last years ALL-SEC standings so it's not about last years stats so give it up. Tyler Bray being left off of TOP 4 teams is an absolute joke. That is the end. PERIOD.

Reactions: 1 person

So playing a meaningless bowl game was the difference between Berry getting an award or not....LOL

I can see Bray being left off the list for various reasons bc everyone has an opinion......but I dont understand a UT fan defended his opinion as hard and as much as you are to keep him off the list.

Please name the 4 QBs in the SEC that you think are better than Bray? Are you being serious? Or just being a hater like always?

bray HAS to beat someone to be considered a top sec qb. By talent alone he probably is a top 4 Sec qb, but he hasnt beaten anyone so hes not gonna be regarded as one til he does. a win against South Carolina, Fla, or dare i say it Alabama will do it

Mr. Hunter says hello.
16 receptions 302 yards and 2 touchdowns in two games
He would have easily lead the league if Rogers still did with Bray getting injured and getting double teamed every game.

2013 NFL Mock Draft: Tyler Bray To Chiefs In First Round - Barbecue Sauce - SB Nation Kansas City

2013 NFL Mock Drafts - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

College Football’s best teams (based on 2013 Draft talent) « NFL Draft Coverage, Scouting Reports, and More

Oh Tyler Bray is being picked to be first round in next years draft by most people and he's not top 4 in his own conference? Riggghhttt man...:good!:

LSU says hello. Most people have said that LSU had the best regular season in the modern era and they split time with two terrible QBs.

Also, are you serious about EB? He would have won the award had we gone 2-10, are you kidding me about whether we went to a bowl game, wow.

This is a preseason poll based on this years potential. It's not last years ALL-SEC standings so it's not about last years stats so give it up. Tyler Bray being left off of TOP 4 teams is an absolute joke. That is the end. PERIOD.
Then why the hell isn't he on any damn all sec list I have seen. 500 says he isn't drafted in the first round and a 1 year ban bet. Deal? Stop talking and make the damn bet.I'm confident enough to.

I defend my opinion because what I have seen from Bray is this. He's immature and his stats are padded because of the receivers he has. His stats aren't great by any means. So to me he hasn't show me jack other then he has a great arm. That said he made careless decisions at times too.

I defend my opinion because what I have seen from Bray is this. He's immature and his stats are padded because of the receivers he has. His stats aren't great by any means. So to me he hasn't show me jack other then he has a great arm. That said he made careless decisions at times too.

Lol. If Tyler Bray would have played all year, going from his avgs per game: 3,398 yds, 27 TDs, 10 ints in 12 games.

Franklin: 2865 yds, 21 TDs, 11 ints in 13 games.

Mccarron: 2634 yds, 16 TDs, 5 ints in 13 games.

Murray: 3149 yds, 35 TDs, 14 ints in 13 games.

Wilson: 3638 yds, 24 TDs, 6 ints in 13 games.

Now, I know that we can't say Brays stats would be what I posted, but they would be close to that since that is what he averaged. If you want to go 1 step further, add 283 yds, 2 TDs and 1 int to his stats to make up for the 1 game. 3681 yds, 29 TDs and 11 ints.

Believe that puts him in conversation of top 3. Even if his numbers were a little off from that.

VN Store

Back