Phil Steele's 2012 Preseason All-SEC Team

Honestly I don't give a hoot about All-Sec win and the damn awards will come seriously. Right now we haven't done anything as a team to win. The only individual that deserves to be on that list is on it. Bottom line

Nice number one receiver BS who lead the league again ?

Huh? Rogers lead the league bc had nobody else to throw to and no running game at all to help take some pressure off... He lead the league while double covered almost constantly..

Look I'm not hating on Bray. I really think he has the potential to be an all sec guy. Especially the help he will get from the receiving corps. But too this point he hasn't won games or put up mind blowing stats. He could though starting this year. All I was saying is don't get bent out of shape statistically there are higher rated qb's in this league right now. So I wont argue there isn't 4 that should be ahead of him. Winning cures all[/QUOT

fyp

Last edited:
Huh? Rogers lead the league bc had nobody else to throw to and no running game at all to help take some pressure off... He lead the league while double covered almost constantly..

yeah which means he is the best receiver it isn't Hunter.You can't be the best if you aren't playing.

McCarron should be banned from any and all All-Conference lists for the Gawd-Awful tattoo of his.....

I don't know why people bring up wins on a stat based vote. I can't see the full list, but I'm sure there are players on there from teams that don't win. Talent wise, potential wise...Bray is easily top 4. That is what preseason all whatever teams are for.

Look here are Bray's numbers last year.
147-247 17 tds 6 int 1983 sacked 11 times. I'm not a pct. guru but that isn't 60 % Most wan't there Qb's at 63-65%. 13.48 yards per attempt. Throws a Td pass every 14.5 attempts.Throws a Int every 41 attempts. I look for his numbers to be better this year and maybe be on the list at years end. If healthy may be in the league leaders category. I hope so anyways.

147-247 17 tds 6 int 1983 sacked 11 times. I'm not a pct. guru but that isn't 60 % Most wan't there Qb's at 63-65%. 13.48 yards per attempt. Throws a Td pass every 14.5 attempts.Throws a Int every 41 attempts. I look for his numbers to be better this year and maybe be on the list at years end. If healthy may be in the league leaders category. I hope so anyways.

I'm sorry, I can't pass this up...he had more yards than Richardson.

I believe that is exactly 60 pct. He played half a year and almost had better stats than Franklin, that should tell you all you need to know.

Reactions: 1 person
I believe that is exactly 60 pct. He played half a year and almost had better stats than Franklin, that should tell you all you need to know.

You're exactly right. The kid is a playmaker and would have had even better stats. He was leading the league in a few stats before he got hurt. Also I've never understood people saying "he's injury prone, and needs to make it through an entire season" His freshman year he didn't play till halfway through it. And last year he banged his finger on a helmet. He's proven he's tough. Hitting a helmet can happen to anyone.

Actually Bray played 7 games. Here's Franklin's numbers for ya against about the same talent level Bray faced in his 7 games.

Carries 217 yards 981 YPA 4.5 15 td's
Passing
139.88 Eff. 238-376-11 int 63.3 % 2865 yards 21 td's

VN Store

Back