PFF grades Jennings as a 1st round draft pick

Exactly. Reason #1. He has a great arm, but he is a system quarterback that benefited from incredible receivers. And he won’t be able to run around and throw those bombs in the NFL.

Mahomes does. So does Russell Wilson. Baker did great his 1st year, but this year was a train wreck for the hole team.

He won't have the time to throw like he did in college, true. But there are plenty of examples of good QBs that extend plays with their legs.

Burrow will be a bust. Tua will be a sure thing assuming he can stay healthy. Lawrence will be a hall of famer.

LOL........ Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs III, and Devanta Smith will be a sure thing.

See what I did there?

I think 1st round is a bit of a stretch because I don't think Jennings will have an impressive combine (I hope he does) but I think a good possibility is that he'll be drafted in the 2nd for his leadership, blocking, toughness, and YAC.

No chance that Jauan goes first round. But I’ll eat some crow here because I’ve said over and over that I don’t think he gets drafted at all, that he winds up an undrafted free agent who first contributed on special teams and then eventually works his way into a WR rotation as the 3rd or 4th guy.....all because of his workouts and poor speed.

That said, he was so damn good, so clutch, so competitive, so impossible to tackle after catches, that he surely gets drafted, even if it’s in the latter rounds (4th or later). Somebody will love his attitude and the play he put on tape and will take him....but he ain’t gonna sniff the first round imo. I’d guess 4th or later.

Reactions: LittleVol
Burrow will be a bust. Tua will be a sure thing assuming he can stay healthy. Lawrence will be a hall of famer.
1. Nothing about Burrow says bust, nothing. Has all the intangibles, great accuracy, has plus athletic ability.

2. Tua is as far from a sure thing as I can think of....holds the ball wayyyy to long while trying to make a play, which will get him killed and throwing a lot of picks in the nfl.

3. Kid’s injury history is awful... when was he actually healthy following his freshman year? He was constantly hurt.

Reactions: SmilezDavis
Sorry but I just don't see Jennings going in the first round. My guess would be late second or early third. Doesn't have the on field speed needed for a first round NFL pick.

Correct.
But someoteam will be smart and pick him up during day 3. Calloway probably goes before him.

Jennings is a locker room guy who's tuff and has great ability. Clutch gene. He would make any team a better team.
Maybe he goes to Cincinnati with Burrow.
That would be awesome.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
2. Tua is as far from a sure thing as I can think of....holds the ball wayyyy to long while trying to make a play, which will get him killed and throwing a lot of picks in the nfl.
I thought I was the only one who saw this. I was admittedly afraid to say it due to my obvious bias. He's clearly a gifted passer, but I saw some bad habits that won't work in the NFL where his supporting cast isn't always significantly better than the opposition. Now, if he could could somehow get with a coach like Sean Payton, then he would set the league on fire. That's probably not happening, though. I opened four mock drafts while typing this response, and every single one has Tua going to Miami. That seems like a disaster to me.

Reactions: MemphisVol77

VN Store

Back