Peterman epic chance for redemption

Who said he was ineffective vs UGA? He made quick sharp on target throws that first series and the Bajakian went away from it unwarranted.

Ineffective? You tell me.....

4-9, 20 yards, 14 yard sack taken, intentional grounding penalty.

19 plays, 50 yards 0 points and a turnover for team with him as qb. 59 plays, 351 yards and 32 points when he wasn't.

Nb4 some other dumbass says Peterman played with a broken leg, 2 broken collarbones and a torn achilles.

19 plays, 50 yards 0 points and a turnover for team with him as qb. 59 plays, 351 yards and 32 points when he wasn't.

Nb4 some other dumbass says Peterman played with a broken leg, 2 broken collarbones and a torn achilles.

Swallowed his gum also. :ermm:

Here is the thing with me.

I am not anti-Dobbs. I hope he is everything and that much more of what the pro-Dobbs squad believes. What makes me come across anti-Dobbs are his rabid fan club on here. They practice a very strict set of double standards. Anything Peterman is undisputed suckage. Don't question it and don't doubt it. Any concerns with Dobbs can be quickly whisked away with any choice from their pocket full of excuses that they seem to be given upon being accepted to the fan club.

We may just get a prime example of my claims tonight if both get to play and both have bad games. If that is the case, I can almost guaruntee there will be posts on how terrible Peterman is and how Dobbs showed flashes of greatness despite having no protection and receivers causing interceptions.

Hopefully, whoever starts channels his inner Peyton and none of this matters.

Reactions: 1 person

He was never sacked. That bogus grounding penalty was the -14 yard "sack" as you call it. Also, he started out 3-3 when it was SHARP QUICK PASS PLAYS. He only started missing throws when we did 5 step drops. It was night and day with play calling on first series compared to second and third. Bajakian took him out of a position to be effective

He was never sacked. That bogus grounding penalty was the -14 yard "sack" as you call it. Also, he started out 3-3 when it was SHARP QUICK PASS PLAYS. He only started missing throws when we did 5 step drops. It was night and day with play calling on first series compared to second and third. Bajakian took him out of a position to be effective

He was never sacked eh? This is copied directed from the ESPN game cast...

2nd and 6 at TENN 24:
Nathan Peterman sacked by Ramik Wilson for a loss of 14 yards to the Tenn 10 TENNESSEE Penalty, Intentional Grounding (Nathan Peterman) to the Tenn 10
Watch Highlight

So, not only was he sacked, he compounded the issue by taking a loss of down penalty.

Last edited:
He was never sacked eh? This is copied directed from the ESPN game cast...

2nd and 6 at TENN 24:
Nathan Peterman sacked by Ramik Wilson for a loss of 14 yards to the Tenn 10 TENNESSEE Penalty, Intentional Grounding (Nathan Peterman) to the Tenn 10
Watch
So, not only was he sacked, he compounded the issue by taking a loss of down penalty.

The amount of idiots here is amazing. Grounding gets counted as a sack. Watch the effing highlight. He was never sacked. Had he did get sacked, the play would have ended when his knee touched the ground. Not 3 seconds later when ball went dead.

But then again, you hate Peterman so it's no surprise you are on a crusade to condemn him.

Last edited:
Sickened, saddened and angry at the Peterman hate being spewed by people on here who "claim" to be fans of the VOLS. It looks like Peterman will be our starting QB to night. As such he deserves our support instead of juvenile attacks on him. Win or lose he is a young man wearing the orange and white. He deserves better than the crap I've been seeing on here. Go Vols!

The amount of idiots here is amazing. Grounding gets counted as a sack. Watch the effing highlight. He was never sacked. Had he did get sacked, the play would have ended when his knee touched the ground. Not 3 seconds later after ball went dead.
But then again, you hate Peterman so it's no surprise you are on a crusade to condemn him.

I don't hate Peterman at all, just cataloging the facts of his play. But you evidently love how he plays qb so much that you'll just deny fact after fact after fact. I do not dislike Nathan Peterman in anyway....but I do severely dislike idiot posters pushing a dishonest agenda.

Sickened, saddened and angry at the Peterman hate being spewed by people on here who "claim" to be fans of the VOLS. It looks like Peterman will be our starting QB to night. As such he deserves our support instead of juvenile attacks on him. Win or lose he is a young man wearing the orange and white. He deserves better than the crap I've been seeing on here. Go Vols!

Mr. Peterman I believe your son deserves another shot.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't hate Peterman at all, just cataloging the facts of his play. But you evidently love how he plays qb so much that you'll just deny fact after fact after fact. I do not dislike Nathan Peterman in anyway....but I do severely dislike idiot posters pushing a dishonest agenda.

How can you throw the ball if you're sacked? If you're sacked, the play is over, hence you can't throw the ball. Are seriously this hell bent on demonizing everything Peterman?

Still waiting to find out how you can throw the ball if you're sacked. How do you explain that please tell me.

How can you throw the ball if you're sacked? If you're sacked, the play is over, hence you can't throw the ball. Are seriously this hell bent on demonizing everything Peterman?

Are you hellbent on denying that his play has been poor?

I hope the kid pulls a Crompton at some point, does a 180 and turns into an effective, productive qb at UT and helps my alma mater and favorite football team win football games.....period.

You've evidently been encouraged by how Nathan has played while at UT and I havent, that's it, no animus toward the kid. But you wanna say 4-11 for 5 yds and multiple turnovers vs Florida and 4-9 for 20 yards vs Georgia is to be questioned as ineffective qb play, and I dont. I know it's bad and will not give Tennessee a chance to win if he plays like this again when he gets into a game which he likely will tonight.

Again, I have nothing against Peterman, seems like a great kid, great teammate and very hard, resilient worker. But he's been a very poor qb at UT to this point.

Still waiting to find out how you can throw the ball if you're sacked. How do you explain that please tell me.

Take it up with ESPN and the official game scorer. They evidently know something you don't.

You can also take it up with the SEC official that made the call. After that play, we went from 2nd and 6 from our own 24 to 3rd and 20 from our own 10. They marked off the 14 yard loss for the sack and assessed the loss of down.

Last edited:
Take it up with ESPN and the official game scorer. They evidently know something you don't.

You can also take it up with the SEC official that made the call. After that play, we went from 2nd and 6 from our own 24 to 3rd and 20 from our own 10. They marked off the 14 yard loss for the sack and assessed the loss of down.

Why did they call grounding then? You can't get sacked then get hit with a throwing penalty

I don't believe there's a real Dobbs contingent on here...the real backlash against Peterman is the tired rationale from his apologists, who try to stuff the idea that he clobbered Dobbs in some fictional head to head competition, down our throat. I'm guilty of being a little vitriolic toward Peterman for the sake of arguing only. He might end up being the guy for the Vols , but he's looked nothing like a realistic option up to now...when someone intimates that I can't trust my eyes in making a judgement?...I get ornery...I hope we have three good quarterbacks at the end of this day...hope is all we have.

If the rumors are true and Peterman gets the start Saturday....how totally awesome would it be for him to manage the game and somehow TN wins! Instant redemption!

Great moments are born from great opportunity......Tonight WE are the greatest football team in the world. Their time is DONE. IT'S OVER! I'm sick and tired of hearing what a great team the tard's have. Screw 'em! This is YOUR time. Now go out there and take it.

So, you taught your five year old to hate a Vol QB? That makes me sick. Five year olds just regurgitate what they have heard...mainly from their parents. This is one of the things wrong with our fan base.

Few things, yep, I teach my kids to hate. That's exactly what I was doing. It's my fault. During a game I must have yelled "No, another fumble" while watching with my family and darnit...1 of my 3 sons is now a hater. You ought to hear what he says about red lights now after we got stuck on one when in a hurry to the game. He won't even talk to people wearing red anymore.

Second, you must have not have kids as yes, 5 year olds are actually capable of original thought. You'd be surprised.

Same goes to you ITSGR82BATNVOL who said "Your son could use a better father figure, unless you corrected him on the spot." Don't you worry man. I set him straight. I told him he couldn't eat for a week & stripped away his vol privileges.

Last month I switched jobs, new computer, couldn't remember my login so I created a new one. Why I continue to come back to a sight full of you faceless know it all's I have no idea. And the nerve to move from arguing that you know all about fball to telling a man how to raise his kids? That will get you met on the side of the road somewhere faceless boys.

Do any of those bouncing smiley faces flip people off? I'd like to send a big 2 fingers to you 2 as well as the 10 VN joffs that liked it.

Evidently, you're a fool.

Easy fella, simmer down, don't let me get under your skin. Again, take it up with the SEC official who made the call. You might also holler at Jones, don't recall him arguing/disputing the call during the game or saying anything about it afterwards.

Easy fella, simmer down, don't let me get under your skin. Again, take it up with the SEC official who made the call. You might also holler at Jones, don't recall him arguing/disputing the call during the game or saying anything about it afterwards.

Says the guy who thinks you can throw the ball if your knees are on ground.

Says the guy who thinks you can throw the ball if your knees are on ground.

I don't think anything. Simply documented a play that happened, was penalized and was never questioned by our head coach, was never even discussed on the 3-4 different sports talk programs I listen to each week that feature UT sports/football. Sorry if it disputes and actually puts the lie to your very bold assertion that "peterman didn't get sacked". But then again, nothing else you've posted on here for the last few days holds any water either. Go Vols!

Few things, yep, I teach my kids to hate. That's exactly what I was doing. It's my fault. During a game I must have yelled "No, another fumble" while watching with my family and darnit...1 of my 3 sons is now a hater. You ought to hear what he says about red lights now after we got stuck on one when in a hurry to the game. He won't even talk to people wearing red anymore.

Second, you must have not have kids as yes, 5 year olds are actually capable of original thought. You'd be surprised.

Same goes to you ITSGR82BATNVOL who said "Your son could use a better father figure, unless you corrected him on the spot." Don't you worry man. I set him straight. I told him he couldn't eat for a week & stripped away his vol privileges.

Last month I switched jobs, new computer, couldn't remember my login so I created a new one. Why I continue to come back to a sight full of you faceless know it all's I have no idea. And the nerve to move from arguing that you know all about fball to telling a man how to raise his kids? That will get you met on the side of the road somewhere faceless boys.

Do any of those bouncing smiley faces flip people off? I'd like to send a big 2 fingers to you 2 as well as the 10 VN joffs that liked it.

It gets sanctimonious in here sometimes...but so does that real life thing out there...sometimes in here we have some funny gifs? :good!:

Per a source from Kesling, Worley WILL NOT play this week, and could be done for the season.

if THIS IS true, I am crossing over to the dark side on Butch Jones. There was no reason for Worley to still be in the game when he was hurt. No one with an ounce of brains would have left him in a game that was beyond winning , knowing how important he is to the team. This is beyond stupid. This better be just one more thing that Kesling got wrong.

VN Store

Back