People need to understand that if Maurer was the better QB then our coaches would start him

This idea that coaches dont play the player that gives them the best chance to win is as ludicrous as that guys story about Ryan Johnson.

This is not a defense of CJP, but only Butch would be stupid enough to do that.
I think the play of JG has caught the coaches off guard CJP said what a great practice player JG I truly think they never seen this coming

I think the teams behind JG so you gotta give him time to improve imo before you just bench him. (I know he's a 4th year player. He should be better. I agree. But it's clearly mental. Let's see if he can shake it off.)
The team’s behind JG?? What games have you been watching? I saw the air go out of our team completely when JG blindly threw that interception in the 2nd half that led to BYU’s TD.

And let’s see if JG can “shake it off”?? I saw our coaches completely throw in the towel and change their game plan bc they wouldn’t trust him with the game on the line.

JG cost TN those games vs lowly Sunbelt State and BYU. And the players all know it. And so do the coaches. At least everyone but Pruitt it seems. And sadly a solid % of misguided Volfans. Honest to God how much longer do you think this PR deception will hold up before we’ve got a full-scale mutiny on our hands?

It’s inexplicable to me atp why Volfans continue to rationalize this garbage QB play and why Pruitt insists on starting JG. Must be some toxic stew of BVS and CYA. Maybe there really is a curse, our decision making defies rational sense.

Sometimes........just sometimes talent doesn’t win the day.

I get what you are saying, and I’m kind of ok with it for now; however sometimes if your talent isn’t working you got to give less talent a chance. Maybe less talent simply gets it done because they had more will power, or more of a motor.........or maybe they flop.

Again I’m ok for now (as the season is going to be a bad wash) but if the talent keeps losing or keeps regressing then a change is needed, even if you have to put in “mr. less talented.”

Sometimes the O-Line will block better for a different/lesser talented QB. I know we saw that at UT a few years ago but can't remember the QBs.

Reactions: JoAllan
disagree.......nobody in the right mind would start a true freshman over JG to start this season. perfect example............Trevor Lawrence was more talented than Kelly Bryant, yet Dabo started the season with Bryant. why? because experience means something, especially to start the season. Eventually, Dabo decided to start Lawrence. another reason for that is the transfer portal. Dabo, in theory, could of waited to start Lawrence in an effort to trap Bryant from transferring prior to the 5th game.
Malzahn started Nix at AUB. And won a huge game vs OR. Just sayin

Jennings is the only one who can fight and get JG's horrible passes. When teams double and triple cover him, do you have confidence that JG can find guys? No.

We are literally wasting DWA, and two good receivers for a bandaid QB.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
This idea that coaches dont play the player that gives them the best chance to win is as ludicrous as that guys story about Ryan Johnson.

Sometimes it is about choosing the right game or situation to make the change. However, BYU's freshman is proof positive a freshman can be good.
I think either Maurer,Shrout or both could possibly transfer after the 2019 season.

With Harrison Bailey coming in, someone will transfer. book it. You will not keep Mauer, Shrout, and Baily, all behind JG another year. No program would. So, you choose which one you don't want to transfer, and get them in the game, very soon. And not just mop up duty. I'm not a football coach, but IMO, the best way to approach this Saturday is first series goes to JG to get the game started, then you get the others in and see who floats.

Nix is a 5 star. Our freshmen QBs consist of two 3 stars, one who threw as many INTs as TDs in high school, and one who only won 2 games as a HS senior.

Its hard for me to take that comment seriously when Maurer competed against other "5 stars" in camp and went toe to toe with them. To say that he is somehow less ready than someone like Bo Nix is foolishness. Especially when you look at who is on our staff in Chaney, Tee, and Weinke.

Nix is a 5 star. Our freshmen QBs consist of two 3 stars, one who threw as many INTs as TDs in high school, and one who only won 2 games as a HS senior.
You forgot to mention that one lead the state of FLORIDA to the highest points per game average WHILE being on said 2-8 football team. But who’s keeping count?

What’s sad is people don’t know his competitive nature. Should that happen we’ll spend the next 4 years regretting this decision. Especially if we end up having to play against him.
I can see it in his high-light vids, elite 11 and the orange and white game. He carries poise and maturity. I can't point my finger on it, but somethin tells me he's gonna be good. My opinions aren't worth salt, but just wish Pruitt would enlighten us fans curiosity and let him start a game.

Not quite sure I agree with if he was better than JG, then the coaches would play him. Right now, we need to find out what we have, and if we are giving out schollys to players that dont match their talent evaluation from national recruiting agencies, and the coaches, then why is he on this team? I have faith enough to give one of these kids a chance. Or, are we going to stick with JG just because by default, or it might hurt his feelings or better yet, he wants a transfer. As a team player, you want to win. Right now JG is off, but I still dont see any improvement from his last years games. He is late, lack of confidence, all of the above. We have JT and Brian, let them have the first team snaps and lets see what they can do in the 1st quarter of the Chattanooga game.

If we dont, and if he stays the entire game with JG and we are losing, then not long is it time to cut the QB down, its time to get rid of Jeremy. I would rather have Jim Chaney as HC at that point. Chaney is a really good OC, and he has trained up some great QBs at UGA. JG is not in the same talks with those kids that Chaney had. We need a pure drop back passer.

I have been a fan of UT football for almost 50 years now. We have had some bad seasons obviously during those almost five decades, I remember the Miami game in the Sugar Bowl where it was predicted we would be blown out, wrong. I remember the QB controversy with Peyton and heck, I cant even remember the other kids name, but really. Anyway, these past five seasons have been disappointment after disappointment. No more time, no more give em one more year crap. They had good recruiting the years before Pruitt came here, and he has had two of his own, pony up, my goodness, your paid enough as so is your coordinators, earn it.

If we are going to lose and right now, I dont see us giving the SEC much trouble at all the way our defense plays in the secondary, and our QB play, Maybe we might get 3-4 wins, if thats the case, I would rather go with one of the freshman and build on that.

I can see it in his high-light vids, elite 11 and the orange and white game. He carries poise and maturity. I can't point my finger on it, but somethin tells me he's gonna be good. My opinions aren't worth salt, but just wish Pruitt would enlighten us fans curiosity and let him start a game.
There’s one play on his senior highlight reel that tells the story of just how dangerous this kid is as a qb. As a right handed qb his protection broke down on his right side, he rolls to his left at nearly full speed and just before he got to the sideline launched the ball downfield,without squaring his shoulders, about 40 yards in stride. There’s only a couple of NFL qbs that can make that throw. And people wonder why I compare him to Aaron Rodgers. But hey...... 3 star. Don’t want. And JG is better. Who can argue with 4 mil a year?

That's it, just because JG looks good at practice he is starter and I've saw 2 yrs of same HE FREEZES UNDER THE LIGHTS ON SATURDAY I agree it wouldn't hurt
to take a look at someone else...……………..
That will happen Saturday.......I hope.

There’s one play on his senior highlight reel that tells the story of just how dangerous this kid is as a qb. As a right handed qb his protection broke down on his right side, he rolls to his left at nearly full speed and just before he got to the sideline launched the ball downfield,without squaring his shoulders, about 40 yards in stride. There’s only a couple of NFL qbs that can make that throw. And people wonder why I compare him to Aaron Rodgers. But hey...... 3 star. Don’t want. And JG is better. Who can argue with 4 mil a year?
I think I seen that play. The kid is a play-maker, no doubt. He's one of the best I've seen rolling out of the pocket left or right and throwing accurately on the run. Not many qbs have that skill.

Sure we know from recent history coaches are always right and never don’t play the best players as starters.!
Somebody tell the saints Kamara is just a backup so they won’t waist any more time on him

Reactions: Doberman
The thought of JG going into next still entrenched as the starter makes me want to hang myself.

Nix finished #1 at Elite 11. Maurer finished #5, same placement as Guarantano in the same camp a few years ago. If JG is “elite” so is BM. Star rankings are misleading bc they depend on the strength of your HS team. JG’s HS star rating has become a joke over the past 3 years. Try again.

We don’t know who we’ve got until they take meaningful snaps. Period. We know JG all too well atp. We’re losing badly with JG under center. Time to try the other guys bc we can’t do any worse.

Nix finished #1 at Elite 11. Maurer finished #5, same placement as Guarantano in the same camp a few years ago. If JG is “elite” so is BM. Star rankings are misleading bc they depend on the strength of your HS team. JG’s HS star rating has become a joke over the past 3 years. Try again.

We don’t know who we’ve got until they take meaningful snaps. Period. We know JG all too well atp. We’re losing badly with JG under center. Time to try the other guys bc we can’t do any worse.
BM lost worse than we are losing in high school. But he will win here? If the qb is responsible for losses than BM shouldn't even be a consideration.

JG is way better than the other two guys. Even though he had a bad game.

VN Store

Back