Pay Attention to Subtle Hints Folks....

And you can add this one as well- “I am truly grateful to Coach Pruitt and Coach Fulmer for this opportunity, and I am eager to get to work alongside them once again." Sounds like Pruitt is staying

Or Fulmer just found his guy to replace CJP given Steele was a finalist the first time around

That is a miserable thought in and of itself, but I've seen far dumber things happen at this university.

I think it’s a genius move. If the investigation goes into February or March it’ll be hard to find the right guy. You name Steele interim head coach and get to see what he can do for a lot less money

I think it’s a genius move. If the investigation goes into February or March it’ll be hard to find the right guy. You name Steele interim head coach and get to see what he can do for a lot less money
I guess so. My fear, if that's how it plays out, is that he goes 6-6 and then gets the job with a couple of years on a contract for millions that he didn't earn. It's not like we haven't seen those levels of dumb before.

Reactions: Vol423
Tennessee is playing:
South Bama
Pitt at home
Bowling Green
SC at home (terrible as well - coach fired)
Vandy at home (terrible as well - coach fired)
And probably an FCS team

“If” Tennessee can’t win 6 or 7 next year its worse than we think. “If” they win 7 next year.......it’s still plenty bad......you got like 6 built in wins....for most teams.
Its worse than you think!

Right now we only have 11 games scheduled, only 3 out of conference. We arent beating the big 3. That leaves 8 games. No way he goes 7-1. I see wins over Bowling Green, South Alabama and Vandy. We’ll probably add a FCS opponent for a 12th game late so that is a win. That leaves us with Pitt, USCe, KY, Mizzou and Ole Miss. We have to go 3-2 to get to 7 wins in those 5 games. I don’t see us scoring with Ole Miss. Mizzou improved all year, we were fortunate to play them early. Toss up at best. USCe I expect to be improved, but I expect to win. The season to me comes down to Pitt, KY and Mizzou. That puts us anywhere from 5-7 to 7-5.
3-8 at best

Reactions: Bobmo662
Is Fulmer tryin to communicate with us secretively? ? Not allow to talk becaus of lawyers but dropping suttle hints everywhere...?

The saddest part of the ongoing saga is we are relegated to head coaching options that were developed and brought up through other SEC programs, where you are hiring an Auburn coordinator to replace your head coach that came in as an Alabama coordinator, you realize what coaching trash you have had on the sidelines for a couple of generations now at Tennessee.

Its worse than you think!

8 losing seasons over the past 13 - prior to those - 8 losing seasons took 53 years

Paying millions for failed coaches to “not” coach......while their replacements also fail

Coaching hire debacle for everyone to see

Worst season in my lifetime

Pruitt can’t keep assistants - huge turnover rate

Teams unmotivated

Teams undisciplined

Teams lose to Georgia ST, to Vandy by 25, to BYU when the game was all but won

Worst home loss to Kentucky by ANY head coach of Tennessee

More than 1/3rd of all Pruitt’s games end in a blowout loss, by 20 points or more

Stubbornness, unwillingness to change

Repetition of “same” mistakes

NCAA heat, possible violations

Possible firing of an assistant during a game in front of everyone

Admin continues same path

Boosters “seemingly” continue same path

No one (On the outside) “knows” what is going on.

Mid January and people don’t even know who the HC will be......which means it might be Pruitt.

Tennessee is almost as bad as one could possibly make it

I know it’s bad......I highly doubt it’s “worse” than I think. I was merely saying there is quite a bit of “softness” in that schedule. There “should” be NO excuse not to win 6-7 next year........I’m not saying they will.

If they make assistant changes and trot Pruitt out there......and somehow Tennessee was to win 6 or heck even 7..........I still wouldn’t think Pruitt is the answer..........because they “should” win those games.

However mark it down.......if that happens.....some people will be worshipping Pruitt and staff.

Reactions: Bobmo662
It's sounding more and more like UT is spending a lot of money on outside legal council in order to pin any recruiting violations on Niedermeyer, in order to keep Pruitt safe.
I'm thinking Neidermeyer committed at least one minor violation over the Mims visit. Going to come down to whether Pruitt knew it or not. May be other things happening but that incident is all I've heard about.

8 losing seasons over the past 13 - prior to those - 8 losing seasons took 53 years

Paying millions for failed coaches to “not” coach......while their replacements also fail

Coaching hire debacle for everyone to see

Worst season in my lifetime

Pruitt can’t keep assistants - huge turnover rate

Teams unmotivated

Teams undisciplined

Teams lose to Georgia ST, to Vandy by 25, to BYU when the game was all but won

Worst home loss to Kentucky by ANY head coach of Tennessee

More than 1/3rd of all Pruitt’s games end in a blowout loss, by 20 points or more

Stubbornness, unwillingness to change

Repetition of “same” mistakes

NCAA heat, possible violations

Possible firing of an assistant during a game in front of everyone

Admin continues same path

Boosters “seemingly” continue same path

No one (On the outside) “knows” what is going on.

Mid January and people don’t even know who the HC will be......which means it might be Pruitt.

Tennessee is almost as bad as one could possibly make it

I know it’s bad......I highly doubt it’s “worse” than I think. I was merely saying there is quite a bit of “softness” in that schedule. There “should” be NO excuse not to win 6-7 next year........I’m not saying they will.

If they make assistant changes and trot Pruitt out there......and somehow Tennessee was to win 6 or heck even 7..........I still wouldn’t think Pruitt is the answer..........because they “should” win those games.

However mark it down.......if that happens.....some people will be worshipping Pruitt and staff.

9-3 is my bet for lowest record to get beyond breakeven, still not worshiping worthy. Just don't see that happening. 8-4 and if there is a big timer on the board that excites the money guys could still put him in jeopardy especially if one is a bad loss. This season does not get wiped off the board or from the fanbase memory.

Reactions: JoAllan

VN Store

Back