Pastner negative recruitment towards UT...

This sounds completely made up. Martin isn't even among the top-5 reasons Nichols would be drawn to Tennessee, and if Josh Pastner wanted to go negative this would be a pretty stupid thing to focus on.

What is true is that Nichols' mom wants him at Memphis, and things have shifted in this recruitment. It isn't over yet. If Cuonzo isn't worried, he should be.

This is very true. Mom is an alum and wants him to stay home. We'll see what happens tomorrow night.

This is very true. Mom is an alum and wants him to stay home. We'll see what happens tomorrow night.

Memphis madness will be centered around him, they'll make sure he's pointed out to the crowd on multiple occasions I'm sure.

I don't think any committment would come regardless of what happens though, his parents wont allow an emotion based decision.

You should have heard Memphis radio this afternoon. The blind ignorance is amazing!
They were saying they could see going to Duke instead of Memphis but not Tennessee. Saying why would anyone do that. They act like Pastner is elite and don't give Martin a chance.
I guess they forgot that Pastner was the biggest "nobody" hire ever. I guess they don't know we had better attendance than Memphis last year, let alone compared to Pastners first year. I guess they forgot that Martin has 3 wins against ranked opponents in his first year while Pastner has NONE in 3 years. I guess they didn't know that since we started caring about basketball that we have achieved about as much success as they have, and that includes the Cal years. A level they will never see again. I guess they forgot UT has won 9 of the last 14 games head to head versus Memphis. I will give them credit for their passion in basketball, but there are other things that can sway young kids. Like the fact that UT campus and college life is much better, other sports like football factor in, and there is no comparing beautiful east TN with the sh!t hole that is Memphis!

RANT OVER!

Memphis madness will be centered around him, they'll make sure he's pointed out to the crowd on multiple occasions I'm sure.

I don't think any committment would come regardless of what happens though, his parents wont allow an emotion based decision.

No, you're probably right but AN is being pulled many different directions right now.

Thought id share...

A poster on TOS who is a pretty decen poster (not a troll) says he spoke with a Memphis booster today (poster is from Memphis). Says the booster told him that Pastner is telling AN that Martin is going to leave for the Big10 at first opportunity, and this is how he's trying to sway Nichols. Supposedly Pastner isn't even pushing the come to Memphis aspect, as much as he is, don't go to Tennessee.

Fwiw, galilee and some other posters over there who are solid or know the Nichols...say this will only help UT because he comes from a good family and negative recruitment will do nothing but hurt their chances.

Just thought I'd share.
Typical ploy in every sport! :crazy:

If you think Pastner would talk about Cuonzo getting a new job in the next 3 years beause of his record at utenn, you have lost touch with college basketball. The dude would have to go to 2-3 elite 8's to get a big time gig in the BIg10. That is honestly the worse prmise to a argument I have ever heard. Maybe Pastner is negative, but he usre as hell isn't using the line Cuonzo won't be there. Doesn't make a damn bit a since, but good work on connecting your name to false and slandering information!

Cal's early years at Memphis in CUSA consisted of Marquette, Louisville, and Cincinnati. Pastner is competing against UAB, Tulsa and ECU.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back