Pahokee coach confused, saddened by Kiffins comments

Exactly freak. If old school coaches were still around like Bear Bryant, the sensitivity of players, coaches, etc would make them laugh.

After talkin' to some Tide fans, I'm under the impression that he is still around...

Considering his exact words were, "Any player that is from Pahokee and Florida wants em', they get em'." I hope he keeps talking and gets the fanbase charged up more, it's been a long time since we have beat Florida and this is the first victory of hopefully many off the field and on the field. Also, just the fact they turned an almost year long commitment to Florida in their backyard is amazing.

And that's still not true. They wanted Antone Smith pretty bad and he ended up going to FSU.

I tend to think a little more about the repercussions of that "talking". Sure it might be fun for the fanbase, but if we go around accusing high schools of indiscretions, we are going to have doors closed in our faces.

And that's still not true. They wanted Antone Smith pretty bad and he ended up going to FSU.

I tend to think a little more about the repercussions of that "talking". Sure it might be fun for the fanbase, but if we go around accusing high schools of indiscretions, we are going to have doors closed in our faces.

I'm not even in the least concerned. You did read the War Room this morning right?? That should give you an indication of what happened.

I think the gang knows this and if they need to make amends they will, Kiff may be rambunctious but he's not an idiot.

I'm not even in the least concerned. You did read the War Room this morning right?? That should give you an indication of what happened.

I did, and I didn't see anything at all pertaining to this discussion. Maybe I missed it....

I am concerned, but on a broader scale than this one issue. Kiffin has got to learn what not to say. I realize he's young, but he's signed on to a high profile job and the last thing we need is for our head coach to embarrass us worse than the last one did.

who in the hell is the snitch from the damn luncheon? kiffin was just making jokes for crying out loud and trying to get the fans riled up.

A Floridian is confused, and that is worthy of a headline?

Since this is the state cant figure out how to punch a ballot for the election, I'd be a little worried also if they were trying to move up to operating advanced tech like a fax machine.

Seriousily though, I trust the staff. If they say there have been problems with this school in the past I'll trust them. It's real easy to play the whining victim to the media now days.

Kiffin is succeeding at exactly what he wanted to which was to create buzz, energy and bring back some swagger. He's pushing the envelope, but the envelope needed to pushed off the desk. When's the last time this place has buzzed like this? Unfortunately the last good buzz we've had is after embarrassing losses in the Peach Bowl and the 2005 disaster and last year. It's time to get the positive energy up.

First, I think Lane needs to watch his choice of words. Nobody likes to be called a cheater.

Second, I agree with the creating a buzz. Nobody's talking about LSU or Bama's class the day after signing day, everything is Tennessee, everywhere, all the time.

As the saying goes, there's no bad publicity (to a point I guess).

Since this is the state cant figure out how to punch a ballot for the election, I'd be a little worried also if they were trying to move up to operating advanced tech like a fax machine.

Seriousily though, I trust the staff. If they say there have been problems with this school in the past I'll trust them. It's real easy to play the whining victim to the media now days.

You all have no idea what kind of place Pahokee is. If you knew where it was, even, I'd be shocked. The fact is that PHS, along with much of that area along the Southern coast of Lake Okechobee, puts out probably the best talent per capita of any place in the country over the last 20 years.

There's nothing inherent to that area that would give it any kind of standing loyalty to any school, and if you looked at the number of kids who signed with "the big three" you would see that UF is a distant third behind UM and FSU. Spurrier had some success with getting Fred Taylor, Johnny Rutledge and Reidel Anthony and maybe one other kid over a couple years a while back down there, but they were all Glades Central kids, not even PHS. Antone Smith and Anquan Boldin, the best two to come from PHS the last 10 years, both went to FSU. Other notables to come from that area are Travis Benjamin (UM), both Edgerrin and Javarris James (Miami), Randy Phillips (Miami) Deonte Thompson (UF), Damien Berry (Miami), Micanor Regis (Miami), even UT had a LB from Sebring a while back but I forget his name.

Signing (Deonte) Thompson two years ago was big, but he grew up a Gator fan. "A lot of people (in Belle Glade) grew up Miami fans," he said. "But I grew up a Florida fan."

Former Pahokee quarterback Alphonso Smith shows UM, FSU what they're missing

"There's a lot of people in Pahokee that are Miami fans," (Antone) Smith said. "When I was home earlier this summer, they were talking mess to me like, 'Yeah, you're not going to do nothing against the 'U.'

Miami Hurricanes have recruiting edge - UM - MiamiHerald.com

this program (Miami) locked down Miami-Dade County. In fact, the entire South Florida region -- from Pahokee to South Miami.

Yet somehow Lane Kiffin, who has never coached anywhere in the southeast, never recruited the area, thinks he knows about the people in Pahokee??? Get real people. The guy made a bunch of ignorant comments, not the least of which was directed at the community down there.

Just deal with it, chalk it up to anxiousness or whatever and hope he doesn't continue to do this, because he'll kill your program if he does.

Kiffin has now become part of a special league of coaches, players and fans. He needs to sit down with someone who has been there and done that and find out that we don't do things like they do in Calif in the SEC or in Tennessee....Suprise people with wins and excellent recruits and you won't have to say a word.

Agree.

On the other hand, we're entering a slow period for college football fans, and Kiffin has provided some interesting and provocative statements. No surprise you're seeing more than the usual number of fans of other schools on your forum.

If Lane is going to make these type comments, he better have proof to back it up, bottom line. Last thing he needs to do is piss of the coach of the HS program that just delivered one of our top signees. If he isn't careful he will find himself and the staff banned from this HS like Spurrier and SC is from the HS in GA. I would expect CLK will be placing a call to Blaze Thompson in short order to clarify what he meant and smooth things over.

Let's get some perspective.

If those guys down there didn't already have it out fot UT, this whole scenario would have never come out and they wouldn't be bitching like a bunch of babies right now. I seriously doubt he affected the replationship with the school at all. Those guys are Gator fans. I'm sure what he said was true.

I thought this sounded like something serious until I heard both sides of the story. All I have to say is BFD.

Just deal with it, chalk it up to anxiousness or whatever and hope he doesn't continue to do this, because he'll kill your program if he does.

What he said wasn't that bad man. Keep trying to pump it in to something its not because no one gives a chizik

I disagree. I think it was a mental lapse and if Kiffin could go back he would not have said it... Say what you want, but there is a reason why Fulmer stuck to the "work like heck" formula... Unlike Hollywood, it isn't entirely true that any press is good press - (although it is a bit different) an example is Rich Rodriguez last year and the public quarrels with W. Virginia....Some things are just better to be said away from a microphone...

One of my gator buddies said that Pahokee High School has now banned Kiffin from recruiting their players....I doubt this is true and just wanted to know if anybody else has heard this.

One of my gator buddies said that Pahokee High School has now banned Kiffin from recruiting their players....I doubt this is true and just wanted to know if anybody else has heard this.

Maybe until 'Nuke gets his Heisman...:rock:

You're asking if something coming from a gator fan is true or not? They always lie.

OMG! How will UT survive?!?!?

Does anyone know how many Pahokee kids have ever gone to UT? I don't, but bet it's less than 3.

I hope you realize that pissing off one of the most talent rich schools in the country is pretty bad, right?

You all have no idea what kind of place Pahokee is. If you knew where it was, even, I'd be shocked. The fact is that PHS, along with much of that area along the Southern coast of Lake Okechobee, puts out probably the best talent per capita of any place in the country over the last 20 years.

There's nothing inherent to that area that would give it any kind of standing loyalty to any school, and if you looked at the number of kids who signed with "the big three" you would see that UF is a distant third behind UM and FSU. Spurrier had some success with getting Fred Taylor, Johnny Rutledge and Reidel Anthony and maybe one other kid over a couple years a while back down there, but they were all Glades Central kids, not even PHS. Antone Smith and Anquan Boldin, the best two to come from PHS the last 10 years, both went to FSU. Other notables to come from that area are Travis Benjamin (UM), both Edgerrin and Javarris James (Miami), Randy Phillips (Miami) Deonte Thompson (UF), Damien Berry (Miami), Micanor Regis (Miami), even UT had a LB from Sebring a while back but I forget his name.

Signing (Deonte) Thompson two years ago was big, but he grew up a Gator fan. "A lot of people (in Belle Glade) grew up Miami fans," he said. "But I grew up a Florida fan."

Former Pahokee quarterback Alphonso Smith shows UM, FSU what they're missing

"There's a lot of people in Pahokee that are Miami fans," (Antone) Smith said. "When I was home earlier this summer, they were talking mess to me like, 'Yeah, you're not going to do nothing against the 'U.'

Miami Hurricanes have recruiting edge - UM - MiamiHerald.com

this program (Miami) locked down Miami-Dade County. In fact, the entire South Florida region -- from Pahokee to South Miami.

Yet somehow Lane Kiffin, who has never coached anywhere in the southeast, never recruited the area, thinks he knows about the people in Pahokee??? Get real people. The guy made a bunch of ignorant comments, not the least of which was directed at the community down there.

If you knew what kind of community Pahokee is you'd understand completely what motivates the kids there. It's a cess pool of poverty that no one should be exposed to and anyone would want a ticket out. Why is it so hard to believe that the HC at PHS had an ulterior motive? A new set of tires on the coaches car would seal the deal. (Not literal, but close). Why is it so hard to believe the Aunt's story of "misdirection"?

We can all agree that we weren't there and don't have a clue about what really happened. Please don't pretend to.

He is gonna screw up some. He is a young coach. But I can forgive someone who screws up "SOME" if he gives it all he has and gets great results. We will see in time how all of this will be viewed. But it kind of reminds me of Miles a little. We will see.

That would be all over ESPN's front page if true. Noway.

VN Store

Back