'17 PA CB Lamont Wade

Per Hubbs
The story remains the same at corner with Lamont Wade, who was scheduled to be at Pitt's game Thursday night vs. Virginia Tech. Yusuf Corker and Chris Henderson are two names to defiantly keep in mind. We still believe the Vols are in the best shape with Corker at this point.

Reactions: 3 people
The fact is he does have those 5 stars. And we can argue till the cows come home but those stars mean something. Also, nobody on this board gets paid to evaluate D1 talent. I would be willing to bet even fewer have the qualifications to recognize one talent over another. Basically, whatever we on VN think about Wades play is pretty much irrelevant.

The guy has those big time offers. The fact that he is considering us, Pitt and PSU doesnt mean that much. Maybe he just like those three schools more. Nobody has access to a teams recruiting board.

You know some sites will let you pay to bump your kids rating right? Or did you not know this......

Reactions: 1 person
It's pretty well known OSU had him on the back burner while they waited for others.

You were probably a big Chris Donald fan, too.

There are other things you can look at like offer lists, but the fact is that 5 stars is still 5 stars. You are entitled to your opinion, but you don't have to insult someone who does not agree with you on how good someone will be after high school.

Per Hubbs
Quote:
The story remains the same at corner with Lamont Wade, who was scheduled to be at Pitt's game Thursday night vs. Virginia Tech. Yusuf Corker and Chris Henderson are two names to defiantly keep in mind. We still believe the Vols are in the best shape with Corker at this point.

I will keep those names in mind and nobody can stop me!!!!!

Reactions: 18 people
but the fact is that 5 stars is still 5 stars.

That's not a fact at all. The "evaluators" can literally drop a guy whenever they feel like it. As Vol fans we should be very familiar with random, arbitrary drops in rankings for our players or the refusal to bump kids that deserve it for lame excuses.

As for offer lists, yes, that is nice. And Wade has a good one. I personally would take Wade (just not at the expense of the two guys we already have...my issue is with the BS "git shirt" arguments from people who know nothing) but if you think Bama or OSU are knocking down his door to get him to go there, you're mistaken. Kind of ironic since the timeless star debate got even more heated after the beat down by Bama...

Last edited:
Yeah and I was not impressed either..... his vertical bothered me in that jump ball situation for sure. Especially at his height.

Can't figure out why we have so many on here wasting their talents on a message board. Why wouldn't one want to be making mega bucks on their evaluation skills on a college staff?

Can't figure out why we have so many on here wasting their talents on a message board. Why wouldn't one want to be making mega bucks on their evaluation skills on a college staff?

He works with high school kids. I frequently disagree with him but he's not a bag of hot air.

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah and I was not impressed either..... his vertical bothered me in that jump ball situation for sure. Especially at his height.

The jump ball he batted down? Not to mention the WR was all on his back. Kind of hard to jump.

Those one on one drills are geared to help the WR.

Wade is a fiery, scrappy dude.
He doesn't panic. He competes to the end and seems very disruptive.

Is he a 5 star? Idk.., but he is a legit CB.

Reminds me of more aggressive and athletic Malik Foreman.

The jump ball he batted down? Not to mention the WR was all on his back. Kind of hard to jump.

Those one on one drills are geared to help the WR.

Wade is a fiery, scrappy dude.
He doesn't panic. He competes to the end and seems very disruptive.

Is he a 5 star? Idk.., but he is a legit CB.

Reminds me of more aggressive and athletic Malik Foreman.

He didn't win one rep in one on ones without the WR dropping it or a bad underthrow. Al Blades Jr. dominated in the same setting. Most top DBs dominate even in these settings. He didn't look good on ONE rep. And Rivals didn't drop him at all. Somebody is slipping on the job.

Because we have thousands of sheep like you that blindly believe every person we recruit is 5 star talent. Remember CJ Lewis?

He didn't win one rep in one on ones without the WR dropping it or a bad underthrow. Al Blades Jr. dominated in the same setting. Most top DBs dominate even in these settings. He didn't look good on ONE rep. And Rivals didn't drop him at all. Somebody is slipping on the job.

ESPN's eval was not very favorable.

BB knows his stuff. Especially when it comes to the defensive backfield. If he's giving an evaluation of high school kid looking to play in college, it's worth paying attention to.

A lot of those drops were because Wade knocked the ball loose.

He has pretty good catch up speed.

He never panics.

With that said, I don't think hes any better than Terrell Bailey or Corker for that matter.

If we sign Wade it will help with recruiting ranks, which matters to some.

VN Store

Back