Ozark on Netflix

Short season with only 7 episodes. Finished up last night. Don’t recall there being so many random events in prior seasons. Ruth delivered a powerful scene at the end. If the series continues it makes me wonder if Ruth takes on some Darlene traits and Jonah becomes her love interest.

Short season with only 7 episodes. Finished up last night. Don’t recall there being so many random events in prior seasons. Ruth delivered a powerful scene at the end. If the series continues it makes me wonder if Ruth takes on some Darlene traits and Jonah becomes her love interest.

Its because there is a part two coming later this year.

This. Dude knows how crazy she is and I'm sure the tales of her offing people with that shotgun gets around. I mean she shot off his son's junk in public with it. I thought that part was a bit lazy.

then you had the Wyatt flip flop. that was also pretty lazy as you know right there and then what his fate will be.

Reactions: walkenvol
then you had the Wyatt flip flop. that was also pretty lazy as you know right there and then what his fate will be.

I figured he was dead either way. If he went through with telling Darlene he was leaving, she would kill him. If he stayed, he would have died from either Javi or Frank Jr. I did think they were going to have Ruth go off Frank Jr. in a rage but I liked how they treated that. But honestly I thought having Wyatt even think about going to break it off with Darlene was a bit silly because I'd think Ruth would say screw that, just leave.

I figured he was dead either way. If he went through with telling Darlene he was leaving, she would kill him. If he stayed, he would have died from either Javi or Frank Jr. I did think they were going to have Ruth go off Frank Jr. in a rage but I liked how they treated that. But honestly I thought having Wyatt even think about going to break it off with Darlene was a bit silly because I'd think Ruth would say screw that, just leave.
ya, if you are breaking it off with Darlene you don't tell her. You just leave.

Nope. Ruth would have said, “Are you f…in crazy? Just get the f… in the f…in truck and let’s get the f… out of this f…in place before that crazy f…in bit.. shows up with her f…in shotgun and blows a hole in your f…in ass”

Last edited:
Finally finished the half-season. The old ball and chain makes me drag this out when I want to binge it the first weekend. I thought it was excellent and can't wait to see what happens in the finale.

Jonah is the biggest sack of crap of a human on the show. No matter how mad you get at your parents you never turn towards their sworn enemies

Wendy. Who wouldn't turn on her? She sucks so much. Jonah's just a kid who rightfully thinks his Mom is evil.

Normal parents don't have sworn enemies and they don't kill their own family members.

Wendy. Who wouldn't turn on her? She sucks so much. Jonah's just a kid who rightfully thinks his Mom is evil.

Normal parents don't have sworn enemies and they don't kill their own family members.
Agree, but . . . Wendy's brother actually still being alive would be the most Ozarks thing ever.

Second half of the final season started tonight. Just watched the first episode…. let’s just say they’re wasting no time making things happen… yeesh

I've only watched the first one but I really thought

Ruth was going to off herself right in front of Marty and Wendy after she killed Javi.

Reactions: GAVol
I’ve only seen episode eight. Who was the guy in the diner Ruth stopped to talk with about music?

Watched all new episodes over the weekend.
I really wanted the Byrds to get some karma, especially Wendy. I guess they wanted to leave the possibility of a spinoff or reunion alive. I liked the show as it played out but if I’d known the ending, I probably would’ve tuned out a couple of seasons ago.

Just watched episode 9 and things are getting confusing concerning Navarro. One scene he’s irate and going to kill the entire Byrde family and the next scene he’s sending Marty to Mexico as his proxy. Is Marty about to get capped?

I pretty much loved the show from beginning to end, although the Ben season was a little rough...I thought the last episode was pretty meh. Not thrilled about who got killed. I don't understand why 2 characters did complete 180's in this episode.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
I didn't hate the ending, didn't really love it either. Seemed like they tried to rush a lot in at the end. Also seemed like they left the door open for a revival at some point if they wanted to, but I doubt they will.

There's one thing I will give Marty and Wendy Byrde...

They are Ruth-less.

200w.gif

VN Store

Back