Ozark on Netflix

Short season with only 7 episodes. Finished up last night. Don’t recall there being so many random events in prior seasons. Ruth delivered a powerful scene at the end. If the series continues it makes me wonder if Ruth takes on some Darlene traits and Jonah becomes her love interest.
Well so much for my predictions. Guess it was time for this series to end as the writing / plot line wasn’t up to the earlier standards. Too much random change of directions to the plot, especially the very end. As they say, all good things must come to an end.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Well so much for my predictions. Guess it was time for this series to end as the writing / plot line wasn’t up to the earlier standards. Too much random change of directions to the plot, especially the very end. As they say, all good things must come to an end.

I'm not sure what the setup was but I guess the contract/agreement was for 4 seasons and that was it. So if that was the case it felt like they rushed a lot in the final season even though we got 4 extra episodes from the normal 10 episode seasons they had done. I normally am not a fan of more seasons because they tend to drag out, but this one probably would have been better to have a 5th season.

Reactions: walkenvol
I'm not sure what the setup was but I guess the contract/agreement was for 4 seasons and that was it. So if that was the case it felt like they rushed a lot in the final season even though we got 4 extra episodes from the normal 10 episode seasons they had done. I normally am not a fan of more seasons because they tend to drag out, but this one probably would have been better to have a 5th season.
Seems to me there were plenty more directions to go including the Byrds back in Chicago.

Reactions: NYCVolunteer
It finally dawned on me while watching the final episode last night that Wendy Byrde's alcoholic, preacher, Dad is John Boy from the Waltons lol.

Every friend/acquaintance I have named John I call John Boy, and I know it's from the Waltons but I honestly have no idea about the Waltons. The legacy of John Boy must be strong.

Every friend/acquaintance I have named John I call John Boy, and I know it's from the Waltons but I honestly have no idea about the Waltons. The legacy of John Boy must be strong.
I'm just old enough to barely remember the show. I spent all of season 4 trying to figure out why I recognized that actor. 40 years between hit shows is a long time.

It finally dawned on me while watching the final episode last night that Wendy Byrde's alcoholic, preacher, Dad is John Boy from the Waltons lol.

I'm a bit too young for The Waltons but I did remember him from It (1990) and The Americans.

And Ronnie, the new sheriff, was Charlie Lange from season one of True Detective.

*Time’s up for spoiler tags, click thread at your own risk*

So did he shoot the PI? Or the jar?

No real problem with that scene, but didn’t seem fitting to end it that way.

Last edited:
*Time’s up for spoiler tags, click thread at your own risk*

So did he shoot the PI? Or the jar?

No real problem with that scene, but didn’t seem fitting to end it that way.
I've seen the jar theory, but what good would that do? There would still be DNA fragments... which makes the whole notion of people involved with a drug cartel keeping ashes all the more preposterous.

I loved the show, but the suspension of disbelief it took to get past the Byrdes wandering around freely for 4 seasons while the body count mounted got laughable.

Reactions: hog88
I've seen the jar theory, but what good would that do? There would still be DNA fragments... which makes the whole notion of people involved with a drug cartel keeping ashes all the more preposterous.

I loved the show, but the suspension of disbelief it took to get past the Byrdes wandering around freely for 4 seasons while the body count mounted got laughable.

Seems like they could just wheelbarrow the top layer of soil in the area and drop it in the lake.

Definitely shot the PI.

Goes full circle from wanting to shoot the intruder season one, which Buddy did in his place, to being self righteous and hating his family, to finally committing the ultimate crime for his family.

They shouldn’t have killed off Ruth if they wanted to extend the story IMO
The only thing I can think of, is that they originally decided that this would be the final season, but after shooting/releasing realized there was more to the story.

I think it ended perfectly…which isn’t generally fan friendly.

Reactions: kiddiedoc

VN Store

Back