Overall Thoughts on UTM Game.

Seems like just a few days ago I heard Pearl saying that Williams does NOT have the green light from beyond the arc.

Didn't Williams say something after the game that Pearl told him during a timeout that they were going to be giving him some open looks and to take them?

Didn't Williams say something after the game that Pearl told him during a timeout that they were going to be giving him some open looks and to take them?

I was watching at a bar where the sound was turned down, so that's news to me. I just remember going 'WTF' when he launched a 3-ball.

12% from 3 point line is not good and that's a team stat mind you.

This is true. Our perimeter shooting was atrocious all night. We'd better correct it soon or we will drop some games in the near future - a point Bruce is aware of, I'm sure.

I'm happy to see a squad that will no longer live or die by the three. 12% from 3 but still score 90? Sounds good to me.

I understand and agree with your logic, but it is no longer a stat that will positively lose the game for us. :)

People who watched the game, what are your thoughts on this. A lot of us didn't get to watch the game because we don't have SportSouth. :cray:

Ensight on what happened tonight would be greatly appreciated! :hi:

I know how you feel...thank God I have ESPN360 to keep me company down here in Atlanta

Tyler played a great game with a couple loose fouls that would have been a problem against better competition.

Brian Williams showed some great "hop" to his step and really battled under the basket, even late in the game, for rebounds. He had a great complete game, minus one bone-headed hail-mary pass/turnover.

Bobby Maze played a pretty good game, with a 7/2 assist/to ratio. That isn't great, but it's not terrible, I guess. Maze seemed to lead the team fairly well for most of the game, but they boys got sloppy...and I mean sloppy...by the mid-way point of the 2nd half.

JP Prince had a pretty good game - and saw a lot of minutes. Prince surprised me with a few (number?) offensive rebounds and fairly strong put-backs.

Wayne Chism put up another strong performance, double-double. He seemed to almost be disinterested in the game...but did well.

Tatum was very, very quiet, a change from the first game. Negudu was pretty quiet, but that isn't that much of a change.

you mean good game offensively, he's had 2 good games offensively, but he sure as hell isn't going to play defense. you see the other guys hustling after loose balls, and scrapping. all you see from JP is snowbirding so he can get a dunk. this kid has to potential to be really good, but if you are only going to play on offense then you can sit the bench

you mean good game offensively, he's had 2 good games offensively, but he sure as hell isn't going to play defense. you see the other guys hustling after loose balls, and scrapping. all you see from JP is snowbirding so he can get a dunk. this kid has to potential to be really good, but if you are only going to play on offense then you can sit the bench

I thought he played good transition defense in a lot of cases...it seemed like he was getting in Lester's face often and disrupting. But, I'll take your word on his defense as a whole...I'm not the best at evaluating it.

maybe he did i just rem. several times in both games this year where he played zero D, and would run out for the dunk. he had that problem last year as well. fri, watch and see if he does it again, it'll drive you nuts

One huge plus so far has been our improved FT shooting. Chism and Brian Williams both have made strides; Williams was 4 of 4 on the night. This achilles heel has cost us some huge games in the past, such as Ohio St. twice. Just ask Memphis how poor FT shooting can get you beat. I just hope Chism can find his stroke from beyond the arc. If not I hope he quits pulling the trigger. By the way Chism is 7 of 11 for the season from the line.

I noticed that too. I was wondering if he may not be 100% confident in his shoulder yet.

the sloppiness probably resulted from the lack of competition. i expect us to play smarter when playing against more apt opponents

he doesn't snowbird just to get dunks

when the other team beats the press and misses a quick J...TN can get a rebound and get it right back down court

You're gona have a ton of those outlets to a wide open man when you press

VN Store

Back