LSU - 4.5
Ole Miss - 4
MSU - 2.5
Mizzou - 3.5
USC - 1.5
UT - 3
A&M - 5.5
Vandy - 1.5

Seems like a fairly realistic projection overall, but I gotta wonder if Kentucky's 4.5 wins are a product of how good they are, or how weak the SEC-E is outside of Georgia and Florida? Assuming the odds makers are assuming UK wins over SCar, UT, and Vandy...where are the other 1.5 coming from? MSU and a toss-up with Missouri?

Reactions: volfaninky
Bama - 7.5
Ark - 2.5
Auburn - 3.5
UF - 5.5
UGA - 7
UK - 4.5
LSU - 4.5
Ole Miss - 4
MSU - 2.5
Mizzou - 3.5
USC - 1.5
UT - 3
A&M - 5.5
Vandy - 1.5
3 SEC wins and 4 OOC wins (and competitive play even in our losses) is what I predict. 7-5 would be a very good season for us coming off the fiasco of last year.

Breaking even in the SEC by winning 2 from UK/Mizzou/Ole Miss (plus Vandy and USC) Is a stretch goal.

Seems like a fairly realistic projection overall, but I gotta wonder if Kentucky's 4.5 wins are a product of how good they are, or how weak the SEC-E is outside of Georgia and Florida? Assuming the odds makers are assuming UK wins over SCar, UT, and Vandy...where are the other 1.5 coming from? MSU and a toss-up with Missouri?
A lot of question marks this season for everyone minus the usual elite teams. This season is hard to predict. If we go bowling I’ll be happy

I think this team gets 3 SEC wins easily, 3 ooc wins easily as well. The floor is 6 wins, just because the competition sucks. Then we have some tossup games where we could win 2. 8-4 is a reasonable expectation for this team. 4 sec wins, 4 ooc wins. My orange tinted glasses think we could pull off a shocker vs uga or uf. But that’s not reasonable.

I think this team gets 3 SEC wins easily, 3 ooc wins easily as well. The floor is 6 wins, just because the competition sucks. Then we have some tossup games where we could win 2. 8-4 is a reasonable expectation for this team. 4 sec wins, 4 ooc wins. My orange tinted glasses think we could pull off a shocker vs uga or uf. But that’s not reasonable.

Yes, 8-4 is reasonable............

Bama - 7.5
Ark - 2.5
Auburn - 3.5
UF - 5.5
UGA - 7
UK - 4.5
LSU - 4.5
Ole Miss - 4
MSU - 2.5
Mizzou - 3.5
USC - 1.5
UT - 3
A&M - 5.5
Vandy - 1.5
Hammered the Mizzou line, that’s taking easy money. Have them 5-3 in conference and 9-3 overall. AU/USC, AU should get to 4-4 and SC should get 2 SEC wins but iffy. Under on Vandy. Under on UF. Push on UT and UGA, under on Bama.

Some of these teams are way too high on # of wins. I don't see Vandy winning a game in the SEC so I have them at 0. Tennessee is at 1.5 or 2 (South Carolina and Vandy are there two best bets). Everyone is underestimating Missouri. They will be #3 in the SEC East at least if not higher. They return nearly everyone and finished hot last year. Meanwhile UK is rebuilding. Missouri should be the 4.5 while UK should be 2.5 or something along those lines.

Bama - 7.5
Ark - 2.5
Auburn - 3.5
UF - 5.5
UGA - 7
UK - 4.5
LSU - 4.5
Ole Miss - 4
MSU - 2.5
Mizzou - 3.5
USC - 1.5
UT - 3
A&M - 5.5
Vandy - 1.5
Bama - 7.5 Over
Ark - 2.5 Over
Auburn - 3.5 Over
UF - 5.5 Under
UGA – 7 Under
UK - 4.5 Under
LSU - 4.5 Over
Ole Miss – 4 Over
MSU - 2.5 Over
Mizzou - 3.5 under
USC - 1.5 Under
UT – 3 Over
A&M - 5.5 Over
Vandy - 1.5 under

Bama - 7.5 Over
Ark - 2.5 Over
Auburn - 3.5 Over
UF - 5.5 Under
UGA – 7 Under
UK - 4.5 Under
LSU - 4.5 Over
Ole Miss – 4 Over
MSU - 2.5 Over
Mizzou - 3.5 under
USC - 1.5 Under
UT – 3 Over
A&M - 5.5 Over
Vandy - 1.5 under

Tell me, name 3 teams Tennessee beats this year and name 1 team Vandy beats?

I just don't see Kentucky getting to 5 SEC wins with their schedule. They have to run a gauntlet of Florida, LSU, and Georgia, before Mississippi State and then us. Even with a bye week afterwards, coming off three straight losses in physical games is going to take its toll on them, they'll screw around lose to Mississippi State or us.

kentucky.png

I just don't see Kentucky getting to 5 SEC wins with their schedule. They have to run a gauntlet of Florida, LSU, and Georgia, before Mississippi State and then us. Even with a bye week afterwards, coming off three straight losses in physical games is going to take its toll on them, they'll screw around lose to Mississippi State or us.

kentucky.png

Honestly, the OP is way off. There are more wins than possible for the schools listed. Vandy should be at least 0.5. Tennessee should be 2.5. Kentucky should be lower. Some of the bottom feeders in the West should be lower. Perhaps he is including OOC games in the wins, not sure. If that is the case, Alabama and Georgia need more wins.

Tell me, name 3 teams Tennessee beats this year and name 1 team Vandy beats?
We are discussing SEC games only right? Vandy may have a chance to win one against SCAR and that is it. I would favor UT against Vandy and SCAR. KY, Ole Miss, and Mizzou are toss up games IMO that we would have a shot. Interested to see how we compete. Ole Miss is the least likely out of those toss up games though.

We are discussing SEC games only right? Vandy may have a chance to win one against SCAR and that is it. I would favor UT against Vandy and SCAR. KY, Ole Miss, and Mizzou are toss up games IMO that we would have a shot. Interested to see how we compete. Ole Miss is the least likely out of those toss up games though.

Vols fans are kidding themselves if they think we are anywhere close to be favored against Missouri and Ole Miss. Missouri wins 8/9 games, book it. They will be #3 in SEC East and are closer to Florida/Georgia in competitivity than they are the rest of the SEC East. Tennessee would have stood a better chance against Ole Miss last year. A year 2 Ole Miss will be more mature with Kiffin's system than a year 1 Tennessee team will be with Huepel's system. Had the years been reversed, I would favor Tennessee. Ole Miss vs. Tennessee will be a shootout though :).

Honestly, the OP is way off. There are more wins than possible for the schools listed. Vandy should be at least 0.5. Tennessee should be 2.5. Kentucky should be lower. Some of the bottom feeders in the West should be lower. Perhaps he is including OOC games in the wins, not sure. If that is the case, Alabama and Georgia need more wins.

I feel like Vandy and South Carolina both are each other's only possible SEC wins. One of them goes 1-7, and the other goes 0-8, and at the moment, it's a coin toss as to which one it will be.

I feel like Vandy and South Carolina both are each other's only possible SEC wins. One of them goes 1-7, and the other goes 0-8, and at the moment, it's a coin toss as to which one it will be.

To be fair, Tennessee is in that mix as well. I would say all three teams are in that mix and UK is a little above at #4. Missouri is far better than people are giving them credit for in this thread.

To be fair, Tennessee is in that mix as well. I would say all three teams are in that mix and UK is a little above at #4. Missouri is far better than people are giving them credit for in this thread.

We have enough talent to beat South Carolina and Vandy, both with new first-time head coaches.

There are zero excuses for losing to either of those teams at the moment.

Vols fans are kidding themselves if they think we are anywhere close to be favored against Missouri and Ole Miss. Missouri wins 8/9 games, book it. They will be #3 in SEC East and are closer to Florida/Georgia in competitivity than they are the rest of the SEC East. Tennessee would have stood a better chance against Ole Miss last year. A year 2 Ole Miss will be more mature with Kiffin's system than a year 1 Tennessee team will be with Huepel's system. Had the years been reversed, I would favor Tennessee. Ole Miss vs. Tennessee will be a shootout though :).
I wouldn’t favor us against MIZZOU or Ole miss either but those games are not definite losses like UGA, UF, or Bama. JG was the QB of our team last year with Pruitt as coach and we beat the tigers by multiple TDs.

We have enough talent to beat South Carolina and Vandy, both with new first-time head coaches.

There are zero excuses for losing to either of those teams at the moment.

I am not so sure this statement is accurate with all of the off-season defections. Notably with South Carolina, I do think the statement probably holds true for Vandy.

I wouldn’t favor us against MIZZOU or Ole miss either but those games are not definite losses like UGA, UF, or Bama. JG was the QB of our team last year with Pruitt as coach and we beat the tigers by multiple TDs.

Did you see that Mizzou team in October or November? They were far better team and would run us off the field. The first 2-3 games for any first-year coach are a challenge. This is why I don't like our chances against Pittsburgh even though they are a beatable team.

Missouri has not been an easy win for Tennessee since joining the SEC. They have a winning record against us. I think UT fans are constantly underestimating them (and the SEC in general).

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
Did you see that Mizzou team in October or November? They were far better team and would run us off the field. The first 2-3 games for any first-year coach are a challenge. This is why I don't like our chances against Pittsburgh even though they are a beatable team.

Missouri has not been an easy win for Tennessee since joining the SEC. They have a winning record against us. I think UT fans are constantly underestimating them (and the SEC in general).
We will find out when we play the games.

kentucky.png
I’d count SC Vandy MSU and possibly TN as wins for them, they give UF (heck) every year and had them beat there 2 years ago (after winning against them the previous year). I have them 4-4 but 5-3 is possible if everything falls in their favor against a team they are underdogs against, hard to guess how good LSU will be.

VN Store

Back