Over on CockyTalk fan boards...

Well fellows it was a fun week. Easily the best opponents board I've been on all year. Very classy and respectful fan base willing to talk football. Congrats on your win and i'll be pulling for you guys to win out. About to go find a Gator board. Gotta feeling they wont be as welcoming lol. See y'all next year

Good luck the rest of the season. Beat Florida and Clemson.

My wife is a Gamecock fan. I had to make breakfast for her this morning to smooth things over.

Reactions: 5 people
How 'bout Muschamp?

Yes as a defensive coordinator. No as a head coach. Ray Tanner is our Athletic Director and a winner (baseball coach who won the back to back titles) and im sure he will bring in the best available person. SC isn't as bad a job as it use to be and being in the SEC will always help. Kinda hoping Muschamp gets canned and we hire him to run the defense but he may of saved his job by beating Georgia and they will probably beat us as well with our defense.

Reactions: 2 people
SC AD has made some good recent hires. SOS, Dawn Staley, whoever their baseball coach is with 3 straight CWS trips and back to back NCs, and hired Frank Martin in BB. It's an attractive enough program to lure a good coach. Maybe they will go after Kiffin.
'Sorry to pee in your Cheerios, Ivan, but Eric Hyman, who retired a couple of years ago, hired Staley. She's been scrutinized the last couple of years for recruiting only "African American" players...all of whom seem to "dislike" males...as Coach Staley is notably single and won't disclose with whom she's attached. Ray Tanner's the baseball coach who won those NC's, so he isn't their baseball coach anymore. He's the AD, now; replaced by his previous assistant, Chad Morris, who's just not as effective as was Coach Tanner. As for Coach Frank Martin: He's having trouble recruiting players due to his harsh demeanor and wild outbursts...most definitely near the hot seat. Spurrier's gotta' retire soon, but Tanner IS proving to be an excellent AD, so they'll probably find a viable replacement for the old balls coach. Overall, They've got a good new AD; but he'll be needed as turmoil approaches.

SC AD has made some good recent hires. SOS, Dawn Staley, whoever their baseball coach is with 3 straight CWS trips and back to back NCs, and hired Frank Martin in BB. It's an attractive enough program to lure a good coach. Maybe they will go after Kiffin.
'Sorry to pee in your Cheerios, Ivan, but Eric Hyman, who retired a couple of years ago, hired Staley. She's been scrutinized the last couple of years for recruiting only "African American" players...all of whom seem to "dislike" males...as Coach Staley is notably single and won't disclose with whom she's attached. Ray Tanner's the baseball coach who won those NC's, so he isn't their baseball coach anymore. He's the AD, now; replaced by his previous assistant, Chad Morris, who's just not as effective as was Coach Tanner. As for Coach Frank Martin: He's having trouble recruiting players due to his harsh demeanor and wild outbursts...most definitely near the hot seat. Spurrier's gotta' retire soon, but Tanner IS proving to be an excellent AD, so they'll probably find a viable replacement for the old balls coach. Overall, They've got a good new AD; but he'll be needed as turmoil approaches.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving Fan Base.

No, back in the days when they were not so good, I went to many UT games in Columbia. The tailgates with fans were great and they packed that stadium. I must add that most of the fans did leave at halftime.

Dude? :ermm: Hang out with John Rocker?

Reactions: 1 person
Don't want it. I wanna see SC target Stoops from Kentucky, Mark Dantonio, or Kirby Smart

I doubt Stoops leaves for another school in the East. It's not like SCar has always been a better football program than UK. I would say that I don't think you can pull a coach from Mich. State, but we just watched the Wisconsin coach go to Arky, so who knows? I think Smart would be a bad hire. Perhaps my judgment is clouded by Dooley and Muschamp though.

Mark Dantonio is a former Gamecock player. I believe he could be lured to the SEC to coach at his old school easily. Stoops will move up the ranks soon. Kentucky is a stepping stone. I doubt smart would leave. Would also be interested in Bobby Petrino

Did not know that about Dantonio.

Most people don't. I found out about 2 years ago and was thinking we should target him when The ol ball coach calls it a career

It would be another big blow to the Big Ten, and it would mean possibly an unprecedented run of good hires. I don't think any SEC school in my lifetime has managed three consecutive good football hires. Just two in a row is uncommon.

No he is correct about Spurrier's play calling in the 4th lately. It has been awful. It is like he no longer knows how to finish a game.

That ball game should of been put in Pharoh Coopers hands when SC got its first possession in OT. I was screaming at the tv not to let Thompson take the snaps. Spurrier thinks he has to throw it come 4th quarter. He abandons the run completly

'sorry to pee in your cheerios, ivan, but eric hyman, who retired a couple of years ago, hired staley. She's been scrutinized the last couple of years for recruiting only "african american" players...all of whom seem to "dislike" males...as coach staley is notably single and won't disclose with whom she's attached. Ray tanner's the baseball coach who won those nc's, so he isn't their baseball coach anymore. He's the ad, now; replaced by his previous assistant, chad morris, who's just not as effective as was coach tanner. As for coach frank martin: He's having trouble recruiting players due to his harsh demeanor and wild outbursts...most definitely near the hot seat. Spurrier's gotta' retire soon, but tanner is proving to be an excellent ad, so they'll probably find a viable replacement for the old balls coach. Overall, they've got a good new ad; but he'll be needed as turmoil approaches.

wtf...

VN Store

Back