Over Confident Vol fans???

OrangeAndBlue

I was a member here a while ago, and recently found this site again and I'm appalled at the lack of respect for the Gators, and the overconfidence of you guys. Do you honestly think your team will just roll into the Swamp and snag an easy victory? Nah...those days are over. I think Tennessee has a well constructed team with tons of talent, but that's only on paper. We'll see what you got on gameday...I think it'll be an awesome game...GO GATORS!

Some of us here are predicting something like 24-20. Some of your own are predicting 41-10. Who's overconfident?

Originally posted by orangetd88@Sep 16, 2005 1:55 PM
Some of us here are predicting something like 24-20.  Some of your own are predicting 41-10.  Who's overconfident?
[snapback]143318[/snapback]​

I predicted a 12 point UF win awhile back and am sticking to that.

Originally posted by 7IlikeOrange7@Sep 16, 2005 12:04 AM
haha i just thought about a clever saying that would fit for this weekend " theres goin to be a leak in the swamp this weekend and this leak isnt the quarterback" hahahahahahaha word we should makes shirts
]Originally posted by lawgator1@Sep 16, 2005 12:53 PM
My prediction:

Penalties, turnovers, and one or two key special teams mistakes will tell the story.  If UT has to drive 70-80 yards to score, this early in the season, the illegal motion and holding calls will shut down those drives more often than not.

People think, hey, 4 yards a play is fine.  Three downs, four yards each, keeps the chain moving.  Problem is, a single penalty kills that series.  To go 80 yards, UT has to run 12-15 plays without shooting themselves in the collective foot.

The combination of the loudness of that stadium and the fact that this is the second game of the year ... those are UT's biggest enemies on offense right now.

I maintain UF 26, UT 14.
[snapback]143256[/snapback]​

This is a very perplexing topic.

Confident? Absolutely!

Overconfident? Nah.

if Tennessee cna get to Leak, the Volunteers will roll 14-17 point winner. if not it will be a very tight game

Originally posted by NCGatorBait@Sep 16, 2005 1:33 PM
Both teams have the Swagger this yr! :devilsmoke:
[snapback]143338[/snapback]​

Only one team has the swagger and thats UT, the winners :birgits_giggle:

Overconfident?
I picked UT to win by 1 point. Even at that I think it'll go down to a key penalty, Turnover, special teams etc.

I think overconfidence comes from a team that has 15 losses in the past 3 seasons thinking they are going to finish this season in the top 5.

Originally posted by lawgator1@Sep 16, 2005 2:05 PM
I predicted a 12 point UF win awhile back and am sticking to that.
[snapback]143322[/snapback]​

if you beat us by more then a touchdown my hat goes off to you!

Florida 20 Tennessee 17.
Good thing the game is at night because it has been nasty hot down here. I think Tennessee goes into the fourth quarter leading by 4 or so and Phil just keeps pounding the rock to kill the clock. Near the end of the game Florida finally abandons the running game that has not worked much all night and goes up top for the win. If Florida wins, they win late in the game.

Originally posted by shockandawe@Sep 16, 2005 3:52 PM
Florida 20 Tennessee 17.
Good thing the game is at night because it has been nasty hot down here. I think Tennessee goes into the fourth quarter leading by 4 or so and Phil just keeps pounding the rock to kill the clock. Near the end of the game Florida finally abandons the running game that has not worked much all night and goes up top for the win. If Florida wins, they win late in the game.
[snapback]143387[/snapback]​

If that's your hope for a win you're on a wing and a prayer and your wing just dropped off.

Go back and read that.

If that happens the Vols will run out the clock and the Gators will be sitting on the bench with towels on their heads, again.

Until Florida learns to run the ball and do it successfully you're going to struggle in this game.

People on GC are talking about beating us 40-10 and we are over-confident?

15 losses the last 3 years

Talking to this forum is useless. I did not express a "hope" I theorized a potential outcome of the game. It seems that everyone on the board always takes to trash talking without being able to maintain a rational conversation throughout the thread. I ask again as I have on other topics, what the hell is wrong with you people that you cannot carry on an intelligent conversation? Tennessee ALWAYS plays not to lose. I have seen that from your own posts within the forum. Sooner or later that catches up to you and it can very quickly when you are playing an offense with the weapons that Florida has. I am not saying THIS IS THE GOSPEL, I am making an argument for a possible outcome. Now, do you wish to have an intellegent reply or will you continue to show how close mindedness with by passively sitting there and attacking my opions without formulating a solid argument of your own.

Originally posted by allvol@Sep 16, 2005 2:58 PM
I think overconfidence comes from a team that has 15 losses in the past 3 seasons thinking they are going to finish this season in the top 5.
[snapback]143352[/snapback]​

Since when has past performance ever dictated the present?? :disappointed:

Why would we want to further negativity such as that shock? Seems to me oldvol rsponded with why HE THINKS your comment isn't true. Your responses have been high-brow and questioning our ability to open our mind? Go back and think about that.

Further, you call us out like we will be lucky to have your comments? We didn't ask you in here to PLEASE enlighten us close-minded Vol fans. If you feel the environment here isn't worth your time, we'll survive.
So, either settle in and give and take, or don't.

That choice is YOURS, my friend.

Originally posted by OrangeAndBlue@Sep 16, 2005 4:28 PM
Since when has past performance ever dictated the present?? :disappointed:
[snapback]143403[/snapback]​

Same players, some of the same coaches (yes, the overrated Charlie Strong is STILL there), and the fact you have what is considered to be a gimmick offense.

VN Store

Back