Over Confident Vol fans???

Originally posted by OrangeAndBlue@Sep 16, 2005 5:28 PM
Since when has past performance ever dictated the present?? :disappointed:
[snapback]143403[/snapback]​

It's the battle of the "ates", dude. While it doesn't "dictate" anything, it might just "indicate" that UF could lose. From this we "postulate" that UT has a great chance. I'm sure that may "frustrate" gator fans. Don't hate, mate.

Originally posted by bamaman@Sep 16, 2005 3:08 PM
i thin florida wins 28-17 based on the fact of how you guys played against uab
[snapback]143325[/snapback]​

thats not a very good basis for a uf victory, i mean, lets get realistic here. how pumped up do you think the UT players got to play uab, i can tell you right now, the intensity the vols brought to the uab game pales in comparison to the intensity they are going to bring to the swamp. everybody on that team WILL be ready for uf and fired up and i can safely say i think the VOLS will bring their best game to florida field because i think uf will probably be the best team we play all year (execpt for the nc game) and these boys will be ready to rock!!!!
GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good point IBO, the Vols are going to be up for this one. Just let bamaman "thin" whatever he wants. :thumbsup:

urban meyer is not going to beat tennessee with the option

srry yall are gonna get beat... :bow: :nener: :thefinger: :pimp: :yuck:

Originally posted by tj_death_imp.@Sep 16, 2005 5:22 PM

srry yall are gonna get beat... :bow:  :nener:  :thefinger:  :pimp:  :yuck:
[snapback]143446[/snapback]​

you are right, because ut has such a strong history of defending the option.

Reactions: 1 person
Originally posted by tj_death_imp.@Sep 16, 2005 5:22 PM

srry yall are gonna get beat... :bow:  :nener:  :thefinger:  :pimp:  :yuck:
[snapback]143446[/snapback]​

What he said.

:biggrin2:

Originally posted by GOT TWELVE?@Sep 16, 2005 5:26 PM
you are right, because ut has such a strong history of defending the option.
[snapback]143450[/snapback]​

I wouldn't talk smack if I were you.....You guys were lucky to get passed Southern Miss....UAB would beat them any day...That's fine, how many years have we beat you all in the past decade? Isn't like 11 out of 13?

those are facts not smack. get a grip on reality. 11 out of 13, how many years are in a decade again.

Ok, I think the over confidence is settling down since these UF folk put us in our place. Here's a thought, don't come to a Vol board and be "apalled" with the over confidence, that would be dumb to think that Vol fans weren't over confident. Good lord, that's why we are fans. Besides, who wants to play on a team where their fanbase is not confient that they will play to win.

24 Hours away. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Lets send those rednecks packing back to Interlochen.

:aggressive: :aggressive: :aggressive: :aggressive:

Attachments

• urban.jpg
    urban.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 3
Originally posted by GOT TWELVE?@Sep 16, 2005 5:57 PM
those are facts not smack. get a grip on reality. 11 out of 13, how many years are in a decade again.
[snapback]143478[/snapback]​

I know how many are in a decade, 10...We've made Bama our girlfriends the past 11 out of 13 years. :birgits_giggle:

Originally posted by USAF_Vol@Sep 16, 2005 6:18 PM
Here's a thought, don't come to a Vol board and be "apalled" with the over confidence, that would be dumb to think that Vol fans weren't over confident.  Good lord, that's why we are fans.  Besides, who wants to play on a team where their fanbase is not confient that they will play to win.
[snapback]143493[/snapback]​

:clapping: Well said!

Originally posted by shockandawe@Sep 16, 2005 5:27 PM
Talking to this forum is useless. I did not express a "hope" I theorized a potential outcome of the game. It seems that everyone on the board always takes to trash talking without being able to maintain a rational conversation throughout the thread. I ask again as I have on other topics, what the hell is wrong with you people that you cannot carry on an intelligent conversation? Tennessee ALWAYS plays not to lose. I have seen that from your own posts within the forum. Sooner or later that catches up to you and it can very quickly when you are playing an offense with the weapons that Florida has. I am not saying THIS IS THE GOSPEL, I am making an argument for a possible outcome. Now, do you wish to have an intellegent reply or will you continue to show how close mindedness with by passively sitting there and attacking my opions without formulating a solid argument of your own.
[snapback]143402[/snapback]​

OK, explain your comment that TN ALWAYS PLAYS NOT TO LOSE.

Originally posted by slobberknocker@Sep 16, 2005 8:16 PM
OK, explain your comment that TN ALWAYS PLAYS NOT TO LOSE.
[snapback]143559[/snapback]​

There's a difference in playing to WIN and kick ass and just going out there to play and beat the team you're going against

Just saw K. Simon on the "Tailgate" special. . . .does he look ripped, or is it me? Out last year after an injury in the UF game. . . .I think he's gonna come out like a mad dog and put Chrissy in his place (which, for the interested, has a GREAT view of the clouds and the Florida moon).

Predicting a blowout on either side is a homer pick, and we all know it. It's been close most of the recent years, and the teams are both in very good shape. The question marks will be:

1. FIRST AND FOREMOST: The new coach. His "revolutionary" offense (not MY words) is untested in real, competitive NCAA play. Facing an SEC defense with the speed, talent, and raw energy of Tennessee will be a litmus test for Meyer. Maybe he's for real, maybe not. If not, Leak may end up in the hospital, and Gator fans might be leaving in the 3rd quarter. If so, it will be a struggle to the end, with turnovers, field position, and line play determining the winner.

2. The UT secondary. We've all seen the vulnerability to the deep ball. Will experience prove worthy? Can we make adjustments to early success? Perhaps most importantly: can the defensive line pressure Leak into "making" the UT secondary look great?

3. Line of scrimmage. UT holds the advantage with size. Can Florida outsmart or outwit Tennessee in the trenches? I doubt it. My thinking is that UF plays for a "draw" here -- tie goes to UF.

4. Quarterbacks. Huge questions here. Will Leak get "Gulf War Syndrome?" Can he keep composure running an offense that God didn't design him to fit? Can he avoid the game-changing mistakes? As for UT: how will the 2 QB rotation work out? Can Clausen dink-and-dunk to complement a run-heavy scheme enough to take the pressure off Riggs? And, if Clausen doesn't have immediate success, how will Ainge react if called upon in relief?

That's what's on my mind as I'm already pacing. The flag is up. The Gator is marinating. Anyone else pumped?

OrangeFenzy, it is not high-brow to ask how UT fans believe the game will unfold without getting the typical "we are going to kick their a**" response. I am looking for a coherent response. As in HOW UT will go about providing this a** whipping. There is a discernable difference between idle chatter with no substance and a intellegent comment on HOW the game will unfold. I am looking for "give and take" but only if it can be done in a manner that goes beyond blind bandwagon faith that your team will win. I went as far as giving a score, final quarter score, gameplan, game philosophy, etc. I could have just said....UF is going to kick you a**, but I expect more than that from myself and know that you can do better than that as well. Yes, I could be on the Gator boards asking these same questions but I thought it would be more entertaining, enlightening, and even more challenging to spar with the opponent. Unlike many other Gator fans, I actually like your school and respect your traditions and team very much. I am not hear to disrespect you in anyway. And as for being close minded, my comment was directed to those that immediately get defensive when a Gator fan enters the board and wants to speak to the issues of the game in an honest fashion without getting the "we are going to kick you a**" comments right out of the gate. So, if it's give and take you want....go for it. How do you see the game unfolding??

Originally posted by lawgator1@Sep 16, 2005 3:13 PM
That's about the worst photo manufacture I have ever seen.
[snapback]143330[/snapback]​

:eek:lol: I gotta agree with you on that one.

Originally posted by shockandawe@Sep 16, 2005 4:27 PM
Talking to this forum is useless. I did not express a "hope" I theorized a potential outcome of the game. It seems that everyone on the board always takes to trash talking without being able to maintain a rational conversation throughout the thread. I ask again as I have on other topics, what the hell is wrong with you people that you cannot carry on an intelligent conversation? Tennessee ALWAYS plays not to lose. I have seen that from your own posts within the forum. Sooner or later that catches up to you and it can very quickly when you are playing an offense with the weapons that Florida has. I am not saying THIS IS THE GOSPEL, I am making an argument for a possible outcome. Now, do you wish to have an intellegent reply or will you continue to show how close mindedness with by passively sitting there and attacking my opions without formulating a solid argument of your own.
[snapback]143402[/snapback]​

by the 4th fl wont have a QB......

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Sep 16, 2005 8:39 PM
Anyone else pumped?
[snapback]143567[/snapback]​

I'm not pumped, just can't get excited. Don't know why. Its not like this is the biggest game of the year for me. I haven't really hated Florida with a passion since 1990. I don't sacrifice my manhood and nearly cry everytime we beat the gators. I don't tell my 5 month old daughter that Florida can F-off. Man, I wish I could get fired up. :crazy:

Originally posted by bamaman@Sep 16, 2005 2:08 PM

I say Bama loses to Tennessee based on the fact they have 9 out of the last 10 times.

Originally posted by Jmxvol@Sep 16, 2005 10:00 PM
I say Bama loses to Tennessee based on the fact they have 9 out of the last 10 times.
[snapback]143649[/snapback]​

Now that's funny! I don't care who you are. Everyone only thought Vandy was the stepchild...Bama is only a heartbeat away from taking the title from them.

Originally posted by Jmxvol@Sep 16, 2005 10:00 PM
[snapback]143649[/snapback]​

Right on. Am thinking the bama ass is just a pathetic hit and run artist...

Originally posted by GOT TWELVE?@Sep 16, 2005 4:57 PM
those are facts not smack.

Are we talking about Alabama's pathetic record the last 5 years?

Originally posted by bamaman@Sep 16, 2005 2:08 PM

It's obvious you're from Alabama. :thefinger:

VN Store

Back