Over-coached...???

You may not be religious, but we probably gonna need divine intervention to win a game this season😄
You got that right! 😭 for the record, I just don't follow any particular faith. I have beliefs, church just isn't my thing. For the sake of UT vols however, I'd attend every Sunday if that's what it would take to revive this program.

Reactions: joevol33
Over coached. Yeah. That makes sense. That definitely explains why the sidelines looked like a lobotomized block party during Ga. State. They had coached so much that there was nothing they could do. Over coached.

Reactions: Woke and joevol33
To insinuate that these coaches can’t coach is ludicrous. They have resumes that say otherwise. Changing the culture of entitled athletes to athletes that want to compete under tough circumstances is a big task and takes time.
Plenty of people have good resumes that can't do their job

So I've seen it posted a couple of places and now the term is popping in a couple of 'expert picks' columns as well.
Is this team's problem that it is just over-coached?

Did Pruitt, Chaney, Tee, Weinke, Ansley, and all the rest try to force too much into the scheme during the off season?
This would make the players think too much about what they are doing, or trying to do, and forget the fundamental basics of good football.

Could it really be that simple and CJP just needs to let these guys play ball?
Not sure that guys not knowing where to line up could be considered " over" coaching. Nor could a 2nd year starting cornerback that is supposed to be in a cover 3 that instead is playing 10 yards off the LOS be considered " over" coaching. So far this season I give our coaching a D-

So I've seen it posted a couple of places and now the term is popping in a couple of 'expert picks' columns as well.

Did Pruitt, Chaney, Tee, Weinke, Ansley, and all the rest try to force too much into the scheme during the off season?
This would make the players think too much about what they are doing, or trying to do, and forget the fundamental basics of good football.

Kinda like Krantz...“There once was a .400 hitter named Krantz, Who had the most unusual stance, But with the coach’s correction, His form is now perfection, But he can’t hit the seat of his pants.”

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
To insinuate that these coaches can’t coach is ludicrous. They have resumes that say otherwise. Changing the culture of entitled athletes to athletes that want to compete under tough circumstances is a big task and takes time.
Georgia State....aoparrently you missed the first game.

How about blown out by Mizzo and Vandy? Did you see those?

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol

Probable

I think our biggest reason that were 0 and 2 at this point is some really bad QB play. Field goals instead of touchdowns and some really inept decisions when we needed a first down. I know the defense has played some bad series but how many times do we have to watch JG try to throw a two yard pass on third and 5 or run into a 8 man front for no gain or hold the ball for 12 seconds and take a sack.

I was under the impression that Pruitt taught "reaction" over "thinking" with his defenses. At least it appeared that way with the Bama defenses.
One of his guys forgot to "react" Saturday and I wonder if he was thinking Warrior was supposed to "pick up" coverage. Even after not covering downfield he recovered and made the tackle. To me as I have saw it, he seemed to almost break back toward the line of scrimmage and look over toward the middle of the field, saw something that made him think "OH SH-T!!" then turn and started trailing the play.

Reactions: FrankenVol54
Only coaching in Ga State was coaching malpractice.

The Peter principle is a concept in management developed by Laurence J. Peter, which observes that people in a hierarchy tend to rise to their "level of incompetence".
Maybe this concept should be changed to the "Pruitt Principle"...............maybe ole Beldar has risen to his level of incompetence???????

So after GSU loss players weren't being coached up enough? After BYU loss coaches coached too hard? So if we beat UTC coaching will be just right? Sounds like a damn bedtime story. I have it figured out now. Thanks OP!

I was under the impression that Pruitt taught "reaction" over "thinking" with his defenses. At least it appeared that way with the Bama defenses.
I seem to have heard that, or something like that, before. We have one of the best coaching staffs out there. People would be hard-pressed to name 10 schools with a better coaching staff than ours. JMO

The Peter principle is a concept in management developed by Laurence J. Peter, which observes that people in a hierarchy tend to rise to their "level of incompetence".
Maybe this concept should be changed to the "Pruitt Principle"...............maybe ole Beldar has risen to his level of incompetence???????

Let's hope for our sakes he is about to overcome it and rise to great heights.
P.S. Not holding my breath

Do you mean out coached? lol

Maybe universities should start taking out coaching malpractice insurance. Myself , as a pharmacist have to take it out.

LOL. We have 5 RPhs in our family. My wife and I got to drop our insurance because we retired last year. Don't miss it a bit, except for the paychecks. At least they did away with that stupid Professional Privilege Tax.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rockytopvol86

VN Store

Back