Our new Coach could be Tony Elliott (rumor)

I sure as hell hope not. That would be the most anti climatic of all the coaching searches I can remember. But your story isn’t amazing here. Why would your friend automatically know because he played there 40 years ago?
If true get behind him or GTFO

Our standards are so low at TN we really should just bury the program and call it a day. He’s not been the solo coordinator and was co up until ‘20. So everyone thinking he’s the next Saban need to chill. We need a PROVEN coach that can at least right the ship before the toxic fan base runs them off.
That’s fine, but it is a fact that he’s called plays since 2015. Where is the lie?
If you don’t have low expectations at this point, you likely aren’t very self-aware, as a Tennessee fan.

Are you unable to see the multitude of non-football sections of this forum?

1611540867703-gif.343697

I kid.... I kid...

Last edited:
Sorry but I’ve been and will be a Vol fan for life. I’m devastated that you don’t agree with my opinion. /s
Tell me what a fair weather bandwagon fan would say in this situation that is different from what you said. You won't support a new coach (all rumors ar this point btw) unless and until he proves himself to you? Sounds like a joiner to me. Maybe you don't want to be, but that is exactly the attitude of a bandwagon fan. Wait until you know they are good before you support them. I'm sure you are a good guy and prolly a Vol fan, but you are showing the world something entirely different.

I'm not a fan of the hire, but he could be fantastic. If it ends up being him, I'll def keep an open mind until he either succeeds or pulls a Pruitt.
Is he brings chad Morris in as OC, could be exciting. But still very lackluster if true

If it’s true and this guy is hired look on the bright side.He may be a coordinator but if he’s got the I.Q. of a table he’s smarter than Pruitt and probably doesn’t have kindergarten P.E.teacher in Alabama on his resume’.

Per my buddy who played on Clemson’s ‘81 Natty team, Elliott’s told Dabo he’s headed to Rocky Top.

Welcome Coach Elliott, I hope you’re here for the next 20 years!

GBO!
He must be close to Dabo

Tell me what a fair weather bandwagon fan would say in this situation that is different from what you said. You won't support a new coach (all rumors ar this point btw) unless and until he proves himself to you? Sounds like a joiner to me. Maybe you don't want to be, but that is exactly the attitude of a bandwagon fan. Wait until you know they are good before you support them. I'm sure you are a good guy and prolly a Vol fan, but you are showing the world something entirely different.
How many bad hires have we made? Appears we just made another. Enjoy your football season hoping the new Coordinator can make it at the UT head-coach academy. Blind sheep

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I think he could be successful. Not my first choice. I’d rather spend big on a proven commodity. Something about having a ridiculously expensive AD but finding a bargain on our football coach irritates me. If he comes I will support him and give him the benefit of the doubt for quite some time.

Per my buddy who played on Clemson’s ‘81 Natty team, Elliott’s told Dabo he’s headed to Rocky Top.

Welcome Coach Elliott, I hope you’re here for the next 20 years!

GBO!
we could have done so much better... nothing indicates this is a good hire.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
This may be a strategic hire to mitigate punishment. Now that Mason isn't at Vandy the NCAA and SEC want an African American coach. They want him to succeed so they won't hamstring him with sanctions.

I also do think the fact that he’s a Black guy might help us in recruiting. Seemingly might make him more relatable in some circumstances

VN Store

Back