Our new Coach could be Tony Elliott (rumor)

Tough to call plays with a generational talent at QB and more 5* WRs, OL, and RBs than anyone not named Bama I’m the country.
He has called plays since 2015.
He wasn’t there to call plays vs OSU, and they lost to a team they should have killed.

Reactions: SycloneJoe
In my opinion yes. He’s never been a head coach at any level. He’s only been an oc for 1 season. There’s absolutely no way to evaluate him because anyone would look good with all the offensive weapons Clemson has at their disposal. And separately, Clemson play absolutely nobody during the regular season. It would be a total craps shoot. Butch, Dooley, and even Pruitt were much more established commodities when hire than this guy. Would be such a ridiculous and unnecessary risks. There are excellent/proven guys available in this cycle
He’s been Co-OC since 2015... there’s literally an article stating he’s called the plays since then not ding dong at South Florida? Where in the hell are you getting your info at guy? You don’t like the hire because he’s not been a HC ok but know what you’re talking about.

His co-coordinator from Clemson has a stellar 1-8 record at SFU. Would be a garbage and experimental hire but hey we are TN. Bring on the HC trainees. We will pay millions for you to fail. Who wouldn’t take the job? They can always fall back on the dumpster fire argument when they are fired in 3 years.

In my opinion yes. He’s never been a head coach at any level. He’s only been an oc for 1 season. There’s absolutely no way to evaluate him because anyone would look good with all the offensive weapons Clemson has at their disposal. And separately, Clemson play absolutely nobody during the regular season. It would be a total craps shoot. Butch, Dooley, and even Pruitt were much more established commodities when hire than this guy. Would be such a ridiculous and unnecessary risks. There are excellent/proven guys available in this cycle

Some of you need to do more research.

Elliot has been Co-OC and the man who does the offensive play calling since December 2014.

Doofy was
5-7
8-5
4-8
Then went to Tennessee

Not being mean or rude.....but truthful. If you really believe this.....you are ignorant to each of them.

If true.....ummmmmm......well.........hmmmmmmm......ok? Guess we will see, but this is hardly the type of hire that will engage the fans. Another coordinator gets a shot to learn on the job. Yay??

Not gone be overly....well.......anything. The kind of hire that will free up my fall Saturdays, so there is THAT positive aspect.

If true, this makes this almost as odd as the previous searches.......in another way.

Per my buddy who played on Clemson’s ‘81 Natty team, Elliott’s told Dabo he’s headed to Rocky Top.

Welcome Coach Elliott, I hope you’re here for the next 20 years!

GBO!
Your buddy would be wrong.

y’all need to freaking chill. He has his engineering degree. He’s an amazing person. Just look at his personal story. Look at how he’s stolen players from our state. Look at the class in this state next year. He’s a broyles award winner. He could keep ansley and Steele. He could bring Chad Morris in. It could be a slam dunk disguised as a single.

I still think it’s fleck or Campbell. I’m just so happy Pruitt is gone.
I think you forgot the blue font up until you mentioned cornbread.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is hire. With the potential troubles that could be out there for the university. I don't see a big name coach coming here unless we paid ridiculous money and the only ridiculous money we ever pay is buyouts.
If true it will be time to look for another head football coach on December 2023.:rolleyes:

Reactions: norriscraftbasser
y’all need to freaking chill. He has his engineering degree. He’s an amazing person. Just look at his personal story. Look at how he’s stolen players from our state. Look at the class in this state next year. He’s a broyles award winner. He could keep ansley and Steele. He could bring Chad Morris in. It could be a slam dunk disguised as a single.

I still think it’s fleck or Campbell. I’m just so happy Pruitt is gone.
I don’t like the idea of Ansley staying because he wasn’t good as a DC and he won’t just stay and let Steele take it. Let’s be a little sensible.

Reactions: onevol74
Minus Boom
tenor.gif

VN Store

Back