Our defensive line gets pushed around like rag dolls!

Looking like Pruitt's tenure at UT will end up like Steele's at Baylor.....so disastrous that no college will ever hire him again as a head coach, leaving him to be a lifelong defensive coordinator and likely a very good one for a long time.

Which brings me to my second point, If Pruitt is eventually fired for lack of success as HC, why not just demote him to defensive coordinator. You have to pay him anyway. Then bring in an offensive minded HC, like a Mike Leach who agrees to turn over the defense to Pruitt.
What's the fascination with Leach? He barely beat Houston.

This is why we are in the situation we are in...being cheap

Let's say the CJP HC tenure is a failure. Why would we want to tie the hands of our next head coach by making him keep the former HC on staff? We complain about hiring cheap - could you imagine how shallow our hiring pool would be if we actually forced this on a new coach? This didn't work when we kept Kiffin's brother-in-law on Dooley's staff and it won't work now.....

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
The d line will be fine
raw.cf.gif

Looking like Pruitt's tenure at UT will end up like Steele's at Baylor.....so disastrous that no college will ever hire him again as a head coach, leaving him to be a lifelong defensive coordinator and likely a very good one for a long time.

Which brings me to my second point, If Pruitt is eventually fired for lack of success as HC, why not just demote him to defensive coordinator. You have to pay him anyway. Then bring in an offensive minded HC, like a Mike Leach who agrees to turn over the defense to Pruitt.
Or like former Oklahoma head football coach John Blake who coached the Sooners from 1996-1998. John Blake was OU DL Coach before he became head football coach.

Anyone else noticed lots of pro-Pruitt posts from VN accounts that have been dormant for years?

Obviously, its people within the UTAD that's trying to change the narrative. We saw the same thing with some of the posters that were pushing for Schiano 2 weeks before Schiano Sunday in 2017. Of course, that tactic backfired since it gave the anti-Schiano people time to research and notice the Washington Post article about Schiano's potential PSU issues.....

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
What's the fascination with Leach? He barely beat Houston.

I think he’s the “girl who wanted us” when all the other girls turned us down. The fact he wanted to come here makes everyone see something they want to see. All the pretty girls said no except for the one that walks with a limp. She’s cute but there’s just something weird about her. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I disagree that his HC tenure will be disastrous. It might be, but it is too early to make that call.

Regarding a demotion to DC, I do not think his contract was written in a way that would allow UT to take that move. His contract is for the HC position. You cannot simply move him to DC as it violates the elements of his contract. He would take the buyout at that point.

I think he’s the “girl who wanted us” when all the other girls turned us down. The fact he wanted to come here makes everyone see something they want to see. All the pretty girls said no except for the one that walks with a limp. She’s cute but there’s just something weird about her. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Crazy in the head, crazy in the bed...

Idiotic posts like this are idiotic ... sheesh the man just got here. Nobody and I NOBODY has any idea what will happen , can you not give the man a chance? We are in no way shape or fashion any kid of football program similar to Baylor so have no idea how you are comparing the two.

Reactions: KBVol and Smokey X

I seriously over estimated our fan base. Take our roster and tell me who start on bama, uga, Ohio state lsu etc... not one ...the top shelf talent we do have which is a handful are freshmen.....i see why other fans think we are ridiculous. Let's fire the coach

He’s our coach. Get behind him.....it will be easier to put the knife in his back that way if it doesn’t work out.

Wow. Amazing some of you fans make these demands towards other fans.

Seems like facts hurt your feelings. He's a coach who lost to Georgia St and the team has regressed since beating Kentucky last season. We are not even currently in the top 20 in recruiting rankings according to Rivals or 247 Sports. Guess some fans will be happy with mediocrity.

Our dline boys need some of that thar deer 🦌 antler spray that they use in Tuscaloosa.

Watched Kentucky vs Florida and they stuffed the run. Had a 350# nose tackle who had to go out for a play or two and was replaced by a 360 pounder (From Tennessee, BTW). They couldn't do much else but stop the run, which is priority one for a defense. Meanwhile, on the last BYU TD, Solomon and company were pushed five yards back into the end zone after initial contact. Until we get the D-line fixed,or recruited over, we will be mediocre at best on defense.
While I understand and agree with the general philosophical premise, the fact is that prior to Alontae Taylor’s dumbass play which single handedly lost us the game, we had given up all of 225 total yards in regulation. So, the DL actually played pretty well that particular game.

Wow. Amazing some of you fans make these demands towards other fans.

Seems like facts hurt your feelings. He's a coach who lost to Georgia St and the team has regressed since beating Kentucky last season. We are not even currently in the top 20 in recruiting rankings according to Rivals or 247 Sports. Guess some fans will be happy with mediocrity.

The joke <-------------------------

You <--------------------------------

I agree with you on Elijah. I’m hoping they’ve been holding him out to use him in a specific four games so he can still use his red shirt. If he plays Saturday my theory may hold water.

We’re still rebuilding and we were never going to win the East this year so a strategy like this makes sense and would pay dividends down the road.

As far as Gray goes, I’m not to sure I’d read too much into that. Whether he gets in before Jordan or not, he’ll play.

Honestly, I don’t care what they do in practice. Show me something on Saturday.

Absolutely, I dont care what they look like in practice. I am more concerned with what they look like in a game

I don’t think they would be feeding Gray this many touches the first three weeks to drop him against FL. He’ll play. Not saying Jordan is terrible, just looking at the evidence of the first three games and they like Gray a lot.

Gray in much better at running the ball, not good at blocking though.

VN Store

Back