Our Assistant Coaches blasted on TOS

Vfl2407

Threads about how disappointing our “supposed elite recruiters” have been.
Everyone but Niedermeyer getting criticized.
Saying that many came from big successful programs that had strong in state bases and were easy to recruit to. Some saying Pruitt is really pissed off right now.
Do they have a point or is the latest decommit just bringing out the usual negavols.

Reactions: RollerVol
Saying that many came from big successful programs that had strong in state bases and were easy to recruit to. Some saying Pruitt is really pissed off right now.
Do they have a point or is the latest decommit just bringing out the usual negavols.

Ill bite. I would say TN's biggest selling pt is facilities, and atmosphere. That cant be fully sold until kids are on campus. Most everyone else went bowling.

I would also say, counterpoint, is Pruitt would be pissed even if we had 3 or 4 younger dudes with no experience in the same boat.

We aren't going to take anyone we havent evaluated highly. That's difference between Mr. Bricklayer and now.

This staff is on some big time in state linemen. Pruitt has a plan.

I will say we gotta close with some Dlinemen and skill guys. And, i'd be more concerned if Pruitt wasnt pissed.

Been outta the loop, who is "latest decommit"???

CJP has put together a great staff. Just win and recruiting will take off for everyone onboard.

Agree...I would say the coaches are all recruiting against the least two years of losses and turmoil. Recruits by in large are likely taking a wait and see approach with how Pruitt does in year two. 7-9 wins and a bowl game will show we are indeed on the right path and will greatly aid our recruiters.

Interesting view... and it's interesting to hear other fan's opinions of us. A buddy of mine is a Clemson fan, and a couple weeks ago, can't remember who the kid was, but we were in the top 2-3 for him and he chose another team...we weren't predicted to land him. His comment was that he's seeing where we're in the top 4-5 for alot of top tier players, and just not getting as many as we'd like...but we're in the mix...and said that was kinda like Clemson, where they were before they broke through. For a team who has had the performance on the field, I feel we're doing pretty well. It just feels different than with Dooley or Butch...these assistants know what they're doing, and think Pruitt does too.

it isnt bad.

Well, yes it is, compared to what I want. It's not anything new and the sky ain't falling, but it's nothing like any of us wishes it was. I'm not being a negavol or whatever it is you kids are calling it these days, it just is what it is.

I wish we had at least beaten Vandy last year and gone to a bowl. If we'd done that we might not even have this thread.

Chill, it'll get better by February, just wish we were looking better right now. I'd rather be taking baby steps forward than two steps forward one step backwards.

These are not other schools fans.
These are UT fans posting on a different Vol message board.
They are concerned that our staff is “lazy and full of themselves” according to some posters.
One thing I'm not worried about is Pruitt tolerating laziness in the least bit. Think you could hide and talk win riddles w/ Butch, but think Pruitt is about as straight forward as they come. Maybe the UT fans are lazy in making assumptions they know little about. Personally, I think this group doesn't take a lower rated player unless they see them in camp, and the higher rated one's we're in on want to see improvement on the field before they commit. Think we'll bring in another 2-3 commits before school starts, but the big fish will be later in the year, as long as we're getting better.

Interesting view... and it's interesting to hear other fan's opinions of us. A buddy of mine is a Clemson fan, and a couple weeks ago, can't remember who the kid was, but we were in the top 2-3 for him and he chose another team...we weren't predicted to land him. His comment was that he's seeing where we're in the top 4-5 for alot of top tier players, and just not getting as many as we'd like...but we're in the mix...and said that was kinda like Clemson, where they were before they broke through. For a team who has had the performance on the field, I feel we're doing pretty well. It just feels different than with Dooley or Butch...these assistants know what they're doing, and think Pruitt does too.
UT has the platform to recruit at an elite level.
Pruitt will have to get over it. You don’t get destroyed by Vandy and Missouri, Miss a bowl, and then land everybody you want. He’ll have to coach up some lower ranked guys.

When you look at the results Missouri has had without recruiting at a high level. Even when they win, they still can’t compete at an elite level of recruiting. UT can, but Pruitt is going to have to win games.

These are not other schools fans.
These are UT fans posting on a different Vol message board.
They are concerned that our staff is “lazy and full of themselves” according to some posters.

I believe you. We have more than our share of assjack fans.

Reactions: feathersax
If and when Baron, and Hardy commit that will help. We do need at least seven wins to convince guys like Washington or Gilbert to be a part of this class.

I really don't think that the posters to VolQuest have any more inside information than what you see here... and they are just as inconsistent. Over there, and on the recruiting forum here, it was predicted that Antonio Johnson would look around after the commitment of Keshawn Lawrence. Then when Johnson finally de-commits, it's a freak out.

I will admit that things appear to be moving slowly in recruiting right now. I'm disappointed Tyler Baron still hasn't pulled the trigger. We are struggling for momentum and could use it. It's possible we have several targets who are in the "wait and see" mode and there is no question that this staff is being very selective with their offers. It's still too early to panic but there is nothing to be excited about right now either.

The staff has other responsibilities than recruiting. I'm not yet concerned with the recruiting. It may come to that but not yet. I am very pleased with their records in actual coaching.

Reactions: savannahfan
Threads about how disappointing our “supposed elite recruiters” have been...
It is unfair to compare this staff to the self-anointed great recruiter (Botch) and his self-announced best staff in 'merica. Coach Pruitt and his staff just go do the job(s) without tooting their horns for all to hear. They are happy to let people see for themselves!

GO BIG ORANGE!

Not all recruits are into “helped us turn the program around labels”. Getting us above .500 isn’t that exciting. Just saying. Better coach em up like Kentucky did and that 9/10 wins will solve the problem.

Not all recruits are into “helped us turn the program around labels”. Getting us above .500 isn’t that exciting. Just saying. Better coach em up like Kentucky did and that 9/10 wins will solve the problem.
It's not like it's been a long time since we had back to back 9 win seasons... Tennessee has a credibility problem. It won't be cured quickly.

Reactions: savannahfan

VN Store

Back