OU fan previews UT/OU

Bryce has been our best DB since his freshman season imo, even though Warrior had a big turnaround.

Vol fans give this OU team way too much respect because they are OU. OU wouldn't have made the SEC Championship had they been in our conference last year.

They don't have a transfer savior QB to save them this season. Rattler is another JG...

Their defense won't be able to stop our offense once we get consistency running and throwing from the QB spot.

Our defense will cause Lincoln Riley all kinds of problems, just like the LSU Semifinal Playoff game.
You think Rattler is another JG? What makes you say that?

I just want to see us make their receivers out jump us. The DB pinguin dive has become the most painful thing to watch late in big games for way too long

Well I agree with you to a point but you are playing in a offense orientated conference and you played Houston & UCLA South Dakota OOC all no respectable D's.
You played LSU the score was 49 to 14 at the half and they coasted the second half you scored 7 in the 3rd & 4th quarter, lost 63 to 28 garbage time points IMO.
UT will have one of the top 4 D's in the SEC next year, different animal. I will say if our QB situation is doing a lot of 4 & outs you will be right the D will wear down the 2nd half and the score will go up. That's what I'm talking about the maturation of our O is the deciding factor and how good our QB is and how good OU's new QB is early in the season. Still a lot of if and & buts this time of season.
That stat is in 5 years not just simply last year. Oklahoma, under Lincoln Riley, has put up 30+ pts on tOSU, Auburn, Texas, Alabama, Tennessee and Georgia. OU will look a lot different next year than last year. They’re moving from “power option” (Hurts) back to “smash mouth spread” (Kyler and Baker) which is why I’m saying, historically with Riley, that under 28 might be somewhat of a dream. The defense is going to give up somewhere between 30 and 42 realistically. Offense will have to step up.

OU's offense is built on precision and timing. Teams that can disrupt the timing can have success

1. Do we have a good enough DL to disrupt? Still think the answer is No here.

2. How will COVID impact game? Without scoring practice and a truncated fall session, this may really impact precision and timing. That should help us.

3. Will fans be there? TBD

Bottom Line - I think this will be a fairly sloppy game but we wont have enough offense to quite keep up. Thinking 31-20 OU. We're getting closer to big boys but not quite there yet.
1. The DL is good enough to play their lanes, and stop OU from gauging us, on the ground. Keep the OU OL from getting to the 2nd level, and keep our LB's running free.
2. I agree. Yes it should help us, defensively. But, the timing built between our QB and new receivers will be hampered, as well.
3. I hate it, but I agree. Will there even be a game?
If the game is sloppy, but, 31-20, 34-24, is a fair assessment. Look for OU to pull the tricks out, early, to get an early lead, and try to take the pressure off of their new QB.

Be ready to hear the Big 12 chants, and "We Own UT" chants, leaving Norman.

If JG is in the game- we lose.

Man, we should just bench the guy already. We already know that there isn’t a chance in hell he wins in Norman, beats UF or Bama at home or UGA in Athens. If he wins any of those games I will gladly eat crow, but I see zero chance of that. None. Ride with HB and prepare for the future.

Reactions: ttatj
Man, we should just bench the guy already. We already know that there isn’t a chance in hell he wins in Norman, beats UF or Bama at home or UGA in Athens. If he wins any of those games I will gladly eat crow, but I see zero chance of that. None. Ride with HB and prepare for the future.
So you're not happy with Coach Pruitt I take it.

Someone has to explain to me the expectations surrounding the defense
I think it's because we have talent at all levels for the first time in a while. Vols DL was one of the surprises in the conference last season. Experience and depth make this a top 5 group in the SEC next season. Lots of production last year out of the DL and most everyone returns.
The excitement surrounding the LB core is mainly because of Henry T and Crouch. I think big Hank has All-American written all over him. He's the spitting image of Alabama great Donte' Hightower and will be one of if not the best LB in the conference next year. Crouch is just a stud football player. He excels on both sides of the ball with his play at LB and goal line power RB. He's young and raw at the LB position but he clearly possesses All-SEC type talent.
Vols secondary may be the best in the conference next year with Taylor and Thompson manning the edges. Both could be All-SEC next year.
Vols have a bunch of numbers on the defensive side of the ball and Pruitt is as good of a defensive mind as any coach in the country. Vols will be terrific against the pass next year and should the run defense hold up there's no reason not to think that Tennessee's defense will be top 3 or 4 in the conference, which as a Florida fan knows will go a long way towards a successful season.

Reactions: QU1ZE

VN Store

Back