OU fan previews UT/OU

OU fan breaks down the, hopeful, upcoming matchup. Go Vols!

#FlattenTheCurve
Apologies & please delete if previously posted...

Go Vols!
RJ Young is more than just a fan. He’s an insider with near celebrity status across the nation when it comes to anything recruiting. Anything that’s a big deal (like “The Opening” which is closed to the public) RJ Young has an open invite.
I know this board is going to erupt on what he said about HB. So I’ll just hang up and listen to everyone talk.

Beating OU would be very good for the program. The 2020 Vol offense MUST move the ball and score points much better against the better teams than they did last year. In a shoot out vs OU we lose big. Time for Chaney to earn that big check.

We have been down so far for so long we celebrate beating Vandy. Still a long long way from being competitive in the conference. Hanging our hopes on a freshman QB that has not had a practice yet is not wise.

Pumpers flame away.

RJ Young is more than just a fan. He’s an insider with near celebrity status across the nation when it comes to anything recruiting. Anything that’s a big deal (like “The Opening” which is closed to the public) RJ Young has an open invite.
I know this board is going to erupt on what he said about HB. So I’ll just hang up and listen to everyone talk.

I think JP's D will be there to contain OU enough, not totally stop them but keep them around 21 points. The Q in my opinion will be, will our O be able to generate TD's from the red zone vs FG tries. If TO's are equal & it's a normal game no pick 6's & no kick returns for TD it will come down to whether our Offense had matured enough to be consistent thru the totality of the game. and finish.

OU's offense is built on precision and timing. Teams that can disrupt the timing can have success

1. Do we have a good enough DL to disrupt? Still think the answer is No here.

2. How will COVID impact game? Without scoring practice and a truncated fall session, this may really impact precision and timing. That should help us.

3. Will fans be there? TBD

Bottom Line - I think this will be a fairly sloppy game but we wont have enough offense to quite keep up. Thinking 31-20 OU. We're getting closer to big boys but not quite there yet.

Think the first few games in general Nfl and college are gonna be super sloppy until folks get there bearings.No way around it that this doesn’t effect the season, if we have one the rate we’re goin.

I think we play respectable, JG shows just enough to keep his job but we lose 24-20.

Close but no cigar. Our linebacking is still not where it needs to be and will hurt us until the youngsters have 4-5 games under their belt.

Tennessee's defense will rip out their kidneys and hand them off to LifeFlight personnel standing by to transport these to needful recipients, thus winning the game and clearing the top of the donor list. Oklahoma should concede, but fans of both teams would rather see the football game.

Reactions: I40flyer
I would love to walk into Norman and lay the smack down on OU. Sadly I think its OU who will lay the smack on us. I think we will be improved this year but not enough to beat OU.

I think playing early is a huge advantage for Tennessee. I could see OU losing the game due more to mistakes.

VN Store

Back