Other head coach options (merged)

Mike. Gundy.

Going to sing this song until I am told to shut up. Great coach. Tons of experience developing average talent at a Big 12 school. He's the guy.

He stiffed us once. Why even offer again? His offense just got owned by TCU

If I'm offering Bob Stoops 6-7 million. I would like for them to offer $10 million to Dabo first.

Ole Bob hates the SEC. It would take more than 6-7 to get Stoops and I’m sure the schedule isn’t to his liking. Plus, they don’t call him big game Bob for nothing. It’s like Chavis only at HC.

Let’s be real honest about Dabo...

He can do everything he needs to at Clemson and if he ever left he’s going to Alabama.

He stiffed us once. Why even offer again? His offense just got owned by TCU

Ole Bob hates the SEC. It would take more than 6-7 to get Stoops and I’m sure the schedule isn’t to his liking. Plus, they don’t call him big game Bob for nothing. It’s like Chavis only at HC.

Let’s be real honest about Dabo...

He can do everything he needs to at Clemson and if he ever left he’s going to Alabama.

Agree, Dabo isn't coming and that is fine. We could steal his valuable asset, like how he picks the best recruits from our backyard though, with Venebles. Didn't think of him when posting the thread.

Only one mention of Cooter? He's at the top of my list. Home run if they can get him

High-risk / high-reward hire IMO.

Very great offensive mind. No head coaching experience. Virtually no experience coaching on the college level or recruiting. Has had personal issues in the past and might not do well under the microscope in Knoxville.

Could be great. Could be a terrible bust. Truthfully, I think he's better off going at an NFL gig.

6 million would get most on the list except Gruden or Peterson.

I want Petrino. Hands down would come and better than any coach on that list. Always gave Saban fits at Arkansas.

Last edited:
Hell no to chip Kelly! Brent Venables or bring T Martin as ur head coach at least he understand Tennessee football..

Is there a way that any thread containing Bob Stoops just be deleted automatically? HE IS RETIRED! HE'S DONE! HE'S ENJOYING LIFE!

He left Oklahoma just before a season where they are poised to compete for a title in the final 4.

He's done with coaching people.

Retirement is all about living and enjoying the remainder of your life.

Chris Jones- CFL Head Coach of the Saskatchewan Roughriders...four time Gray Cup winner- (their super bowl) ..and a Tennessee Native- (he lives in Tennessee right now)

And no, I’m not clowning around. He would be a solid hire and the man knows how to coach.

Thanks!

Jimvol

He could be the first person in HISTORY to say he’s retired and return to his profession.

It’s never been done.

Never.

Plenty of NFL head coaches were hired from coordinator positions, but you guys don't think we should hire an NFL coordinator as head coach? I'm not getting some of you guys. What do you think is the next step for Cooter then, or any successful NFL coordinator. Falcons head coach Dan Quinn was defensive coordinator at the Seahawks and led them to the superbowl. Guess since he didnt have previous HC experience, you experts wouldn't hire him.

6 million would get most on the list except Gruden or Peterson.

I want Petrino. Hands down would come and better than any coach on that list. Always gave Saban fits at Arkansas.

The " holier than thou" part of the fanbase would lose their mind

Honestly, it’s a shame we hate Lane Kiffin so much. He is ripe for the taking but I don’t think I could stomach it...

So...what gives anyone the idea he wants to come back less than four months after he announced his retirement?

Stoops or Venables (if I spelled that right). I'd take either today. I don't think Kelly will come here, but I may be wrong.

I'm not opposed to Venables. He's probably my favorite coordinator candidate. Do you really think Stoops would come back right after retiring? I would definitely take him if they could pull it off, but probably not likely.

VN Store

Back