OT: Karen Aston OUT as HC of Texas Longhorns WBB

Kim should have more NCs given her recruiting. The fact that she got only one NC with by far the most dominant post in WBB history speaks to her coaching ability.

Shes one of three coaches to win three national titles at one school....I think she'll take that :rolleyes:

Aston’s teams were decent some years and they usually played very hard...but looked lost on offense a lot after the second quarter. Wouldn’t want her near TN

Aston ended up with around a 70 percent winning percentage and a lot of second and third place finishes in the conference. The fact she could not vanquish Baylor is the major reason she won't be coming back. Now they are expecting Vince to come in and take Baylor down which I think will be a lot harder than SC and he couldn't get it done against them at Miss St.

Aston ended up with around a 70 percent winning percentage and a lot of second and third place finishes in the conference. The fact she could not vanquish Baylor is the major reason she won't be coming back. Now they are expecting Vince to come in and take Baylor down which I think will be a lot harder than SC and he couldn't get it done against them at Miss St.

This is a simplistic myth. Aston was (deservedly) extended in 2016, and that was at a time when she was still winless against Baylor. (Her only win over Kim happened in Feb. 2017.)

Aston got dismissed simply because it became increasingly evident since the 2017 season that she couldn't sustain her early trajectory of success. 2019 was a huge step back: a #7 seed and 1st round exit in the NCAAs. This season was even worse: headed for a likely #9 or #10 seed, and that's despite being led by 4 seniors of whom 3 were in the top 7 of their recruiting class.

VN Store

Back