OT: Karen Aston OUT as HC of Texas Longhorns WBB

Oops! However, no matter what sport, the Texas AD has a storied history ditching good coaches to pay big name coaches eye-watering amounts of money that wind up flopping miserably.

Gail made it to the national championship game in 2006, but she didn't win. Vic is coming off 2 national champioship appearances in last 4 seasons.

I saw what he could do with a SEC bottom dweller. Now he has the keys to a Mercedes, can he ascend to GINO status or is he relegated to play second fiddle to Kim?
He's got a serious rebuilding job at Texas, unless he can convince some of the MSST players to come over. I'm surprised, because MSST has the potential to be really good this coming season.

One of Vic's first priorities is convincing Collier and Taylor to stay. I think those two are the most important pieces to build and grow from.

Reactions: volnationnj
Everybody thought he was waiting on A&M. Everybody. And without COVID most people assumed it would happen this year. Makes me wonder if something went sideways.

TX A.D. knows how to hire a women's basketball coach.
But he just gave a vote of confidence to none other than MBBC Shaka Smart! Until they do him like they finally had to do with Charlie Strong he is spinning his wheels in my opinion.

I saw what he could do with a SEC bottom dweller. Now he has the keys to a Mercedes, can he ascend to GINO status or is he relegated to play second fiddle to Kim?
Unlike Kim, Vic can’t win the big game. He will be playing second fiddle to a lot of things at Texas. Kim Mulkey, Texas football program, his age. He did a great job at State and we will see how this old man holds up to putting together a top ranked team against the odds.

59 is not that old...

I am 60 6'1" and before my injury this year I could still touch rim on a jump and played in as many as 3 pickup games in a row at the Rec center. . . Throw a football 40 yards and pitch a baseball at over 60 mph.

There was a 70 year old man who as well played with the pickup gym rats.
60 used to be old, but with technology and physical fitness, it is the new 50

Reactions: Amb3096
I am 60 6'1" and before my injury this year I could still touch rim on a jump and played in as many as 3 pickup games in a row at the Rec center. There was a 70 year old man who as well played with the pickup gym rats.

60 used to be old, but with technology and physical fitness, it is the new 50

All I know is that whoever said that the 40s are the new 30s is A LIAR!!!!!

I'm actually in much better shape than I was in my late 20s into my 30s, but the fact of the matter is that I have 40-something year old knees, and they remind me of that every time I come back from a run...

All I know is that whoever said that the 40s are the new 30s is A LIAR!!!!!

I'm actually in much better shape than I was in my late 20s into my 30s, but the fact of the matter is that I have 40-something year old knees, and they remind me of that every time I come back from a run...

Sigh, how well I feel ya
My knee's are the only reminder of my bodies progression
Jumping is easy, landing is the problem

I'm shocked lady vol fans. I thought he would only leave for A&M when Blair decided to retire. But I guess Texas is an even better job. Wow Vic, I know State fans are in shock.
I originally thought as MSU began to climb the ladder he would leave us for A&M when Blair retired. Then he signed a huge contract and started to branch out to recruit national players and I believed he would stay long term. I read where his parents live in Austin and are elderly so that was probably the factor more than the money. I hate to see him leave.

Reactions: JustaChicken
Unlike Kim, Vic can’t win the big game. He will be playing second fiddle to a lot of things at Texas. Kim Mulkey, Texas football program, his age. He did a great job at State and we will see how this old man holds up to putting together a top ranked team against the odds.

Kim should have more NCs given her recruiting. The fact that she got only one NC with by far the most dominant post in WBB history speaks to her coaching ability.

VN Store

Back