OSU VS MEEEEEECHIGAN.

OSU not that impressive---given up three long TD passes to a backup QB. Squandered lots of good field position in the first half.

He was lucky not to get fired. They weren't very good for his first several years and got beat by osu every year. It's only when he was on the verge of getting sacked--and a lot of fans were calling for him to get fired--that he turned it around.

His first 4 years, he was 38-14, with three 10-3 seasons while Hoke went 31-20 with a 5-7 final season.... Not sure where you go the "weren't very good his first several years"

The 49ers stuff is irrelevant considering that his Jed York was pretty clear in not retaining him his final year in SanFran at 8-8.....

He parlayed Stanford and Luck into an NFL gig. But at Michigan, he has vastly been a solid coach since the Rich Rod and Hoke seasons, but he has underperformed for a while up until this and last season.

Dabo did the same before it clicked and he went on rabid Playoff run in 3-5 years. "It" being he finally got 2 franchise QB's in Watson and Lawrence. Maybe McCarthy is that for Harbaugh. Certainly looking like it.
York thought making Mike Singletary a head coach was a good idea. I wouldn’t use his judgment as support for anything. Harbaugh would have had another NFL gig had he wanted one. He’ll probably have another one pretty quickly if he wants one, even now.

Rich Rod and Hoke were both good coaches before they got to Ann Arbor. It’s just not a great program anymore.

Georgia will mop the floor with either of these teams. I just don’t see what the hype was. The atmosphere sucks as well. Chance at CFP and two unbeaten teams and it feels like I’m watching any no name school playing.

No team is EVER as consistently over-hyped as Ohio State. They do less with more than any program in the nation. They would never even sniff the CFP if they were in the SEC conference.

Reactions: Shocker0
I hope Day loses just because it's Ohio State.

Also, since Kiffin/contracts are on my mind, Ryan Day just got $9.5M/yr from tOSU BUT his buyout is only about $5M if he leaves. I've not seen anywhere saying he gets more if he's fired, but that's a very University favorable contract IMO.

The SEC should look into how the B1G pulls that off.
A guy with a little swagger might take more money today in exchange for less payoff if he screws up.

VN Store

Back