Orange White game postponed per Philip Fulmer

I get the idea of slowing the spread of the disease. But there has never been anything more sensationalized and blown out of proportion than this virus, and it's not just harmless fun that the media has done so; it's impacting the stock market and the entire economy; it's adversely impacting a lot of people's lives, people who aren't sick, haven't been sick, and won't get sick from this.

I just lost a $50K job because the customer is a real estate developer and he's losing his shirt right now thanks to this crap. If every one of the media blowing this out of proportion contracted the disease tonight and were dead by morning, they would deserve it.

Whether or not this pandemic is being sensationalized, or blown out of proportion remains to be seen.

You think a movie sucks before the opening credits are finished rolling?

Hopefully, you’ll get the last laugh, but it’s waaaayyyy too premature to say what is, and what is not on this deal.

I am damn sure sympathetic to your lost job and income, however. I think we are all going to feel the pinch in the coming days.

I guess if it doesn’t spread like wild fire then it was an overreaction. Or maybe the reason it doesn’t.

Around here school is on another week of spring break, that alone is a major inconvenience to me and my wife. I sure don’t need any of my 5 kids or my expecting wife to have to deal with anything more than almost running out of TP.

The thing with Caronavirus is, that it's just starting out. It's going to get much worse. Top that with warmer weather bringing ticks and mosquitoes and it'll be even worse

This, the coaches absolutely hate them. They've always been for the fans and nothing more
The players like it because it gives them an audience. Practice day in and day out with no audience and it becomes routine and boring. It gives them something to look forward to. Especially freshman that have never been in a stadium that big nor seen a crowd that size.

I will point out that multi-billion/million dollar organizations like the NBA and NCAA don't shut down over nothing. Like most of you, I would imagine, I don't think we're in the middle of the apocalypse, but we need to be cautious and keep a really keen eye on this.

I will point out that multi-billion/million dollar organizations like the NBA and NCAA don't shut down over nothing. Like most of you, I would imagine, I don't think we're in the middle of the apocalypse, but we need to be cautious and keep a really keen eye on this.
No, but they do shut down for the threats of lawsuits.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
All this and we’re at 40 deaths in America due to this virus, 40!

Out of about 330 million Americans, 40 have died. God rest their souls, but my God this seems to be the overreaction of the Century.

They’ve canceled sports and entertainment, completely canceled. We did less than this after 9/11 when we weren’t even positive there weren’t hundreds of sleeper cell terrorists roaming American cities with dirty nukes in suitcases.
It's a tie between you and them puppies for most hated teams.... even though you a gator. You AIGHT

Reactions: Jaws and bullet20
That doesn’t justify it either. Hell, Tom Hanks contracted the virus allegedly and has apparently been treating it with Tylenol, milk and Netflix. He’s totally fine.

How many have it in America, 1500 or so? So they can’t play spring football games because 1500 Americans have a virus?

Comparatively, it’s estimated 50 million Americans have herpes. Why haven’t we canceled society to stop the spread of herpes?
Unlike the corona virus, you can’t kill herpes with toilet paper. :eek::eek:

But are you willing to give Trump and his Virus Task Force immense credit over the fact that we haven’t become Italy?

More people in America have died from choking on cheeseburgers than have died from this virus.

Exactly. Plus the actual number of deaths is skewed due to the fact that a nursing home was the major fall out and one state basically is responsible for all of the deaths “Washington.”

Reactions: lifeisdeep and Jaws
Exactly. Plus the actual number of deaths is skewed due to the fact that a nursing home was the major fall out and one state basically is responsible for all of the deaths “Washington.”

Were those even confirmed cases? I couldn't find anything on that when I looked.

I get the idea of slowing the spread of the disease. But there has never been anything more sensationalized and blown out of proportion than this virus, and it's not just harmless fun that the media has done so; it's impacting the stock market and the entire economy; it's adversely impacting a lot of people's lives, people who aren't sick, haven't been sick, and won't get sick from this.

I just lost a $50K job because the customer is a real estate developer and he's losing his shirt right now thanks to this crap. If every one of the media blowing this out of proportion contracted the disease tonight and were dead by morning, they would deserve it.
Makes no sense. The president declared a nationwide state of emergency. Do you think he did that because he watched too much CNN?

The media is pretty screwed up in this country. I give Trump some credit for shedding light on that.

But the army of grown men who think it makes total sense to blame a global pandemic, 20% market drop, and emergency action from all levels of government on cable news channels they don't even watch is some bizzaro world **** to me.

Were those even confirmed cases? I couldn't find anything on that when I looked.

What it's like at the Washington nursing home ravaged by the US coronavirus outbreak, with 63 confirmed infections and 23 deaths

Yes, the nursing home had 63 confirmed cases and 23 deaths. So out of the 41 reported deaths in America, 56 percent of them are accounted for in one nursing home.

It is my understanding that the nursing home had the “L” strain which is the more aggressive mutation of the virus hence the deaths.

Last edited:
The idiots are out in full force.

Know what your opinion on Football is? Your opinion.
Know what your opinion on Politics is? Your opinion.

Know what your opinion on Coronavirus, it’s spread, and what we should do is? F@cking Worthless.

And further, it’s a bright flashing sign to sane, rational Americans that you’re damn MORON.

You’re dumb redneck, hillbilly brother in-law doesn’t know more than the world’s leading Epidemiologists. And neither do you.

All this and we’re at 40 deaths in America due to this virus, 40!

Out of about 330 million Americans, 40 have died. God rest their souls, but my God this seems to be the overreaction of the Century.

They’ve canceled sports and entertainment, completely canceled. We did less than this after 9/11 when we weren’t even positive there weren’t hundreds of sleeper cell terrorists roaming American cities with dirty nukes in suitcases.

I think has to do with the fact this virus scares them on multiple levels. There is ridiculous amount of strains supposedly. And I think they are trying to prevent the mutations of it in case a strain is created that actually begins to kill people on a epidemic level, something they cant control

Reactions: Purple Tiger
Instead of comparing the deaths to amount of Americans. it should be be the amount of deaths to the amount who have contracted it.
Not really we should compare it to other viruses that swept the world when there wasn't a vaccine or cure for them at the time to try and accurately judge how bad it is.

I think has to do with the fact this virus scares them on multiple levels. There is ridiculous amount of strains supposedly. And I think they are trying to prevent the mutations of it in case a strain is created that actually begins to kill people on a epidemic level, something they cant control

Incorrect. There are only two confirmed strains. Strain L and Strain S. Strain L is the more agressive and Strain S is the original form of SARS-CoV-2

Reactions: Purple Tiger
But the army of grown men who think it makes total sense to blame a global pandemic, 20% market drop, and emergency action from all levels of government on cable news channels they don't even watch is some bizzaro world **** to me.

Yep, as I figured you totally missed the point.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
The idiots are out in full force.

Know what your opinion on Football is? Your opinion.
Know what your opinion on Politics is? Your opinion.

Know what your opinion on Coronavirus, it’s spread, and what we should do is? F@cking Worthless.

And further, it’s a bright flashing sign to sane, rational Americans that you’re damn MORON.

You’re dumb redneck, hillbilly brother in-law doesn’t know more than the world’s leading Epidemiologists. And neither do you.
This is the best and smartest thing ever posted here

The thing with Caronavirus is, that it's just starting out. It's going to get much worse. Top that with warmer weather bringing ticks and mosquitoes and it'll be even worse

It'll peak in late April, then it'll start to diminish. Viruses do not survive very well with the extra UV light that summer brings. Nor do they survive well in a high humidity environment. I am pretty sure that viruses are also less buoyant in the summer air as well, but someone can correct me on that if I am wrong. This is why flu and cold cases greatly diminish in summer and then return when the weather begins to chill and the sun angle gets lower.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back