Orange White game postponed per Philip Fulmer

All this and we’re at 40 deaths in America due to this virus, 40!

Out of about 330 million Americans, 40 have died. God rest their souls, but my God this seems to be the overreaction of the Century.

They’ve canceled sports and entertainment, completely canceled. We did less than this after 9/11 when we weren’t even positive there weren’t hundreds of sleeper cell terrorists roaming American cities with dirty nukes in suitcases.

Last edited:

Out of about 330 million Americans, 40 have died. Got rest their souls, but my God this seems to be the overreaction of the Century.

They’ve canceled sports and entertainment, completely canceled. We did less than this after 9/11 when we weren’t even positive there weren’t hundreds of sleeper cell terrorists roaming American cities with dirty nukes in suitcases.
What so crazy is there have been more deaths than there are rolls of toilet paper left on the shelves. SMFH

Out of about 330 million Americans, 40 have died. Got rest their souls, but my God this seems to be the overreaction of the Century.

Instead of comparing the deaths to amount of Americans. it should be be the amount of deaths to the amount who have contracted it.

Instead of comparing the deaths to amount of Americans. it should be be the amount of deaths to the amount who have contracted it.

That doesn’t justify it either. Hell, Tom Hanks contracted the virus allegedly and has apparently been treating it with Tylenol, milk and Netflix. He’s totally fine.

How many have it in America, 1500 or so? So they can’t play spring football games because 1500 Americans have a virus?

Comparatively, it’s estimated 50 million Americans have herpes. Why haven’t we canceled society to stop the spread of herpes?

Out of about 330 million Americans, 40 have died. God rest their souls, but my God this seems to be the overreaction of the Century.

It's all about preventing the spread.

Drove by Neyland today, took a quick pic. Hopefully we see him in person this fall.

Attachments

• 20200313_145206.jpg
    20200313_145206.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
Reactions: Jaws and MAD

I'm just gonna keep posting this link.

People don't have an intuition for exponential growth. Imagine a case where the number of cases doubles every day. Which is worse than this virus obviously but simpler to understand. The day everyone has the virus... Half the country didn't have it the day before. Not withstanding for the logistic effect described in the video.

That's how it goes from "This is not an issue" to "Woah, everyone is sick" with no build up.

Also.. As others have said, it is about spreading the virus as slowly as possible so the hospitals can treat people. If it spreads too fast, the Healthcare system could grind to a halt for all health conditions, not just this virus.

That doesn’t justify it either. Hell, Tom Hanks contracted the virus allegedly and has apparently been treating it with Tylenol, milk and Netflix. He’s totally fine.

How many have it in America, 1500 or so? So they can’t play spring football games because 1500 Americans have a virus?

Comparatively, it’s estimated 50 million Americans have herpes. Why haven’t we canceled society to stop the spread of herpes?

I don’t like being singled out like that. Leave my genitals out of this.

This, the coaches absolutely hate them. They've always been for the fans and nothing more
Do they? Pruitt's first Spring game he seemed to care when he went after the players for their effort and the fans for not showing up.

I think it's a good reward for the players to show out for the fans after a few weeks of tough practices.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979

The Governor of Ohio released a statement today saying he thinks there could be 100,000 cases just in Ohio. Some people may not even know they have it for up to two weeks. How many could that person infect in that two weeks before they developed symptoms? It's sports, and we all love a good football, basketball, baseball game, or whatever your passion might be, but that is not more important than the health and well being of our country men and women. Let's get our priorities in order, it's sports, compared to a potential health crisis.

7724CA5D-C02B-4592-8199-F4C508E480B3.gif[/QUOTE]

I get the idea of slowing the spread of the disease. But there has never been anything more sensationalized and blown out of proportion than this virus, and it's not just harmless fun that the media has done so; it's impacting the stock market and the entire economy; it's adversely impacting a lot of people's lives, people who aren't sick, haven't been sick, and won't get sick from this.

I just lost a $50K job because the customer is a real estate developer and he's losing his shirt right now thanks to this crap. If every one of the media blowing this out of proportion contracted the disease tonight and were dead by morning, they would deserve it.

I’ll preface this by saying that I’m sort of in the middle on this debate and will remain there. I’m not doomsday, but I’m not political hoax either.

There are infected people walking around that don’t even know it. Those people are around several other people and those are around even more. We have a confirmed number now, but we won’t have a true number until another 10-14 days. This thing may or may not multiply by powers of ten. As a teacher, I’m glad they have closed schools in my district next week. If it gets in the schools, it will spread like fire. There was a report out of Ohio this morning that there are 5 confirmed cases, but they predict over 100,000 in Ohio alone have been exposed. That was just one article and a prediction/opinion though, not factual.

Agree

Reactions: bullet20 and Jaws
The Governor of Ohio released a statement today saying he thinks there could be 100,000 cases just in Ohio. Some people may not even know they have it for up to two weeks. How many could that person infect in that two weeks before they developed symptoms? It's sports, and we all love a good football, basketball, baseball game, or whatever your passion might be, but that is not more important than the health and well being of our country men and women. Let's get our priorities in order, it's sports, compared to a potential health crisis.

There are 5 known cases in the state, thats totally irresponsible of Dewine or any health official to peg the number at 100k of "likely" cases. As if that wasn't bad enough, they go on to say that number will double every 6 days. That kind of messaging only has one effect.

During 2009 swine flu pandemic the previous administration waited from April til October to declare a national emergency yet 12,469 died in the US and most people barely remember it.

2009 H1N1 Pandemic

From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

Last edited:
And you're a fatuous fool. Maybe someday you'll make it out of mom's basement and actually have an income so you can grasp what it's like to lose some of it over nonsense. Fool.

You azzhat I’m 34 with a mortgage. And I make money and understand how important it is and also how much hardship it can cause when it’s lost.

But SOME things in life are more important - like life itself. And you’re a damn idiot for wishing death on anyone.

Plain and simple. Idiot.

VN Store

Back