Orange helmets

So I know this is a pretty random question, but can someone refresh my memory on our orange helmets with the white Power T…did we wear them this year, and if so, which game? I know we wore them against South Carolina last season (2022) but I just can’t remember about this year, plus I listened to a few games on the radio rather than watching on tv. I collect the mini UT football helmets and I recently got this orange helmet, so I was just trying to remember the games we’ve worn it. Thanks!
No thank goodness we did not wear them this past season, Only in 22 against South Carolina. Hopefully to never wear again. PLEAAAAASSSSSSEEEE

Nothing short of winning a Natty in those hats will displace the memories of the season that could have been, and even worse, HH’s injury that probably cost him the Heisman. And honestly, I doubt winning a championship in that helmet would help
I realize that loss was not because of the helmet. I don't know if it was a locker room issue, that Rattler was just playing out of his mind or our pass defense in this game was just garbage.

Reactions: 17Vols
Uhh, in case you weren’t watching… the helmets were not the reason Tennessee lost that SC game. Helmets don’t cause turnovers. Helmets don’t lose focus or fail to execute. Helmets don’t miss tackles. Personally, I thought they looked great. No reason not to use them again.
And some help from Michigan “allegedly”

You don’t like the look or are you mainly referring to the result of the 2022 SC game? I personally think they look really nice.
They look "OK" close up. From a distance, they simply don't work. They'll forever be associated with the massacre in South Carolina and will live in infamy.

So I know this is a pretty random question, but can someone refresh my memory on our orange helmets with the white Power T…did we wear them this year, and if so, which game? I know we wore them against South Carolina last season (2022) but I just can’t remember about this year, plus I listened to a few games on the radio rather than watching on tv. I collect the mini UT football helmets and I recently got this orange helmet, so I was just trying to remember the games we’ve worn it. Thanks!
Nope, never again

Reactions: DEFENDTHISHOUSE
I’m usually willing to give the alternates a chance. I wanted to see the orange helmets. I went to the USC game in 2022. Even though that was a night to forget, I hated the way those helmets looked when they came to reality. I don’t know what it is but I thought they looked horrible. I hope they never return and I’m not one that’s hard to please. Love the black and the gray ones. No go on the orange. They just looked completely underwhelming.

Didn’t really like ours but Boise States where just bad

Attachments

• IMG_1468.png
    IMG_1468.png
    906.9 KB · Views: 18

VN Store

Back