Orange Everywhere In Pittsburg

For those that didn't come...Pittsburgh to East Tenn really is an easy drive. I drive to Knoxville frequently 7 to 7.5 hours....barring construction or accident, the only traffic is Pittsburgh&Knoxville, nothing in between. And the drive through Western VA and WV is a breeze, can also speed most of the route except for near Bluefied/Wytheville and Summersville WV.
It’s easy even the Columbus-Cinci-Lexington-Knoxville route, a bit longer but WVa mountains screw with my ears horribly so I always go that way. Half my family is from Pittsburgh the other half Knoxville so this game is a big deal to me.

Wow, what a kaleidoscope of colors around town starting with the color orange.

Cars, hats, shirts, campers, sweaters, orange everywhere here.

Just got back from a restaurant and got to talk with many Vols there too.

My gosh, we travel well.
My Cuzin and his wife are there.

Most teams house in a hotel the night before, even home games. Tennessee does.

From Friday noon on, the players are pretty much together, home or away. If you need to know why, I feel sorry for you.
Yeah I remember a year when Florida had one of its best teams under Spurrier and Doug Johnson broke curfew and played like absolute dog doo doo at LSU. Most teams stay in hotel to do bed checks. Anyone who doesn't understand young dudes in a place looking for nightlife and hook ups night before a game are naive.

QUOTE="GoodlettsvilleVol, post: 21637864, member: 80855"]Wow, what a kaleidoscope of colors around town starting with the color orange.
Cars, hats, shirts, campers, sweaters, orange everywhere here.
Just got back from a restaurant and got to talk with many Vols there too.
My gosh, we travel well.[/QUOTE]

Many THANKS to to Vols that made it to the Steel City. Root/cheer hard so that we can hear you back in the Southeast. Help make a statement that ESPN can find no fault with.

Gooooo Vols!!!

Reactions: I4Vols
It’s easy even the Columbus-Cinci-Lexington-Knoxville route, a bit longer but WVa mountains screw with my ears horribly so I always go that way. Half my family is from Pittsburgh the other half Knoxville so this game is a big deal to me.
My grandmother lived in Pittsburgh. When I was a kid we always drove up through WV just to be able to go over the New River Gorge bridge. That’s a spectacular view.

It's not all that unusual these days especially for big programs. It's a more controlled environment the night before the game.
Truth. I know that ND does it for home games also. A friend of mine's daughter dates a guy on the team.

I will never be able to think of West Virginia again without thinking about the movie Logan Lucky 😂. Never understood why that movie didn’t do better
CA8C3743-6984-4B0E-BD6A-FCCD14F8FBE5.gifB4B54688-7CBF-4AAB-A98E-465C242E535D.gif

Reactions: Fightmaker

VN Store

Back