Orange Everywhere In Pittsburg

Pittsburg?
That reminds me of an incident years ago when I worked in a lab in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Our technical work force was comprised of engineers and technicians from America, the UK, and several other countries.
One memorable day, an engineer from Scotland asked me and my American co-workers why we Yanks pronounced Edinburgh, Scotland as Edinburg rather than Edin-borough (the correct pronunciation). I told him it was because we were all raised in Pitts-borough (Pittsburgh) in the US. He laughed. I don't recall his name now, but he was a very funny fellow with a great personality. He was very much like the great Scottish comedian, Billy Connolly. He once told me he looked up the definition of Yank in the dictionary and it said "a short sharp jerk". I assured him that didn't apply to me as I was a Southerner from Tennessee, not a Yankee.

We were talking this am and someone commented it was the first time an SEC team had played at Pitt.

Pitth? I’m playing. I love Pittsburgh. It’s a beautiful city. I love that drive where you come through the tunnel and suddenly it opens up and you see the river, the bridges and the buildings. I was amazed the first time. Slovis looks like a good QB for you all and with your schedule I could easily see 9-3 with no worse than 8-4. If you all win today then 11-1 is even within reach.
Agreed. Pittsburgh is a beautiful city

Reactions: hUTch2002
Pittsburg?
That reminds me of an incident years ago when I worked in a lab in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Our technical work force was comprised of engineers and technicians from America, the UK, and several other countries.
One memorable day, an engineer from Scotland asked me and my American co-workers why we Yanks pronounced Edinburgh, Scotland as Edinburg rather than Edin-borough (the correct pronunciation). I told him it was because we were all raised in Pitts-borough (Pittsburgh) in the US. He laughed. I don't recall his name now, but he was a very funny fellow with a great personality. He was very much like the great Scottish comedian, Billy Connolly. He once told me he looked up the definition of Yank in the dictionary and it said "a short sharp jerk". I assured him that didn't apply to me as I was a Southerner from Tennessee, not a Yankee.
This is an incredible story. Thank you

Reactions: Special Ed
Most teams house in a hotel the night before, even home games. Tennessee does.

From Friday noon on, the players are pretty much together, home or away. If you need to know why, I feel sorry for you.
With luck today we can make the Pitt team want to just stay in the hotel instead of going back to campus! GBO

Reactions: mercuryvol
For those that didn't come...Pittsburgh to East Tenn really is an easy drive. I drive to Knoxville frequently 7 to 7.5 hours....barring construction or accident, the only traffic is Pittsburgh&Knoxville, nothing in between. And the drive through Western VA and WV is a breeze, can also speed most of the route except for near Bluefied/Wytheville and Summersville WV.

VN Store

Back