Orange and White game concern...

E3 (a massive video game event) which is in June has been cancelled. At this rate the regular season could be canceled of things don't get under more control.

With all these games, events and tournament being played without fans. Plus Michigan just cancelled their spring game. ( Because of the Covid19) What do you think the chances of the O&W game being cancelled as well?
It will be called off, to get in line with everyone else. Coaches hate spring games anyways

Typical, overhyped, mass media, politically-driven, hope-to-hurt-economy, which in turn hurts Trump, circus.

And before I get shouted-down by the pearl-clutchers, yes, I fully realize it’s a serious and dangerous virus, but we have serious and dangerous viruses every year, all the time.

The idea that I can’t go watch the Florida-Georgia baseball game this weekend, or the good folks of Tennessee may not be able to watch an open practice or all of us may not be able to watch the spring football game of our favorite team, is ABSURD.
est1.gif

Reactions: Jaws and bigorange
Unfortunately it's very possible that we don't have a Football season.

It appears the virus does not do well over 70 degrees, similar to the flu. My gut says it is going to get bad over the next few weeks then wain off for the summer. If we do not have a vaccine by viral season (late fall) this could get really bad then but I have faith we will have one by then as pretty much the entire world is working on it. If I were an odds maker I think there is a better than 90% chance we have football next year.

Reactions: Jaws
Look, this is what I do for a living and I'll preface my comment with the opinion that MOST of what is media derived is extremely political and almost hysterical in tone. However, this is going to be a definite health crisis and significant numbers of people will be debilitated and die. This is not the "flu"-it's probably 10-30 times more capable of causing death than influenza and one of the best ways of curbing it is to avoid crowds. No sporting event is worth your life or that of your family. Stay safe and smart.
Yikes. A lot of you guys are screwed.

People are taking it seriously but they don’t live by what the politically driven news channel tells them to. Is it bad yes but it’s no where near as bad as it’s made out to be. These are simply precautionary steps. They aren’t turning arenas into hospitals, yet.
Tell the fawking stock market that.

Typical, overhyped, mass media, politically-driven, hope-to-hurt-economy, which in turn hurts Trump, circus.

And before I get shouted-down by the pearl-clutchers, yes, I fully realize it’s a serious and dangerous virus, but we have serious and dangerous viruses every year, all the time.

The idea that I can’t go watch the Florida-Georgia baseball game this weekend, or the good folks of Tennessee may not be able to watch an open practice or all of us may not be able to watch the spring football game of our favorite team, is ABSURD.

Attachments

• BDD7A01D-4F62-4C8A-93B3-111E70749160.png
    BDD7A01D-4F62-4C8A-93B3-111E70749160.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 55
Reactions: Jaws
They are talking about playing games without fans in the stand. Hell, we have been doing that at Neyland for years now. (blue font! blue font!)

Reactions: sbm362

Right! And yet, nobody tells us we can’t go to a spring football game because of the flu. Also:

Life expectancy in the US is 79.

The average age of those dying from COVID-19 is 80.

H1N1 targeted the young and healthy.

284,000 died from H1N1. 4600 have died from COVID-19.

I don't recall the NCAA or NBA shutting down for H1N1. I don't recall stocks collapsing for H1N1. ~ Bill Mitchell

meant the freaking media causing panic and the dolts with power to cancel events to calm down -

Cancelling events is the only way they have to try and keep it from peeking. IF too many get sick it will overwhelm the healthcare system. You think there is panic now, if that happens it will be Katy Bar the Door. its also funny how the media handled H1N1 2008-2009 compared to this. H1N1 killed approx. 500,000 worldwide and approx 14,000 in the US including many kids. wonder why the difference in tone from the media? What could it possibly be?

Cancelling events is the only way they have to try and keep it from peeking. IF too many get sick it will overwhelm the healthcare system. You think there is panic now, if that happens it will be Katy Bar the Door. its also funny how the media handled H1N1 2008-2009 compared to this. H1N1 killed approx. 500,000 worldwide and approx 14,000 in the US including many kids. wonder why the difference in tone from the media? What could it possibly be?
millennials

VN Store

Back