Opening practice - 2014

Our names have Dooley in them because we supported our head coach of the Vols. It's a shame we can't just be Vol fans without someone being a prick about it.

I would give up the three stars and start over. Was dooley1 taken?:hi:

Reactions: 2 people
I would give up the three stars and start over. Was dooley1 taken?:hi:

Nope. Won't start over. I made the decision, I'll live with the consequences.

And Dooley1 was Derek Doodie. Obviously I joined in August of 2010, so I picked a name quickly. Should have thought it out, but I thought "wth, it's only a screen name."

Oh well

Reactions: 3 people
Freshman Vic Wharton, mid-term freshman Josh Malone and junior Johnathon Johnson looked really good in a wide receivers drill in which they ran around poles and caught balls thrown at them from opposite directions. The drill requires exceptional reflexes and concentration. JUCO transfer Von Pearson, one of the stars of spring practice, struggled a bit with this drill.

Danny Parker

Reactions: 1 person
#VolReport: Day 1 In The Books - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- The Tennessee Volunteers hit the field Friday night for the opening practice of fall camp, a two-hour workout on Haslam Field.
Head Coach Butch Jones was pleased with the effort of his football team, but reminded everyone that the first one is easy, the story now is how the players come back to the field tomorrow and the other 20+ practices that remain on the pre-season schedule.

"It was good to get back out on the grass to go to work," Jones said. "There was a lot of thinking going on, a lot of great energy. Now the challenge for the football team comes. You've had one practice and you can never simulate being in football condition. You can have the greatest summer that you can possibly have, but it never simulates football conditioning. How do we bounce back tomorrow? What kind of mindset do we have at 7:30 in the morning walking into our team meeting? What's our mental approach?"

Jones spoke at length leading up to camp about becoming a player led team, a theme he continued to focus on after the opening practice.

"I thought our older players did a great job of coaching our younger players," said Jones. "Everything is about habits. We're forming habits, we're forming our identity, we're forming our style of play, so every rep is critical."

The Volunteers have stepped up the intensity level for this fall camp, turning up the dial in every area, starting with a team meeting Thursday night and extending to the dinner table, the meeting rooms and, finally, the practice field.

"We've challenged every player in our program from yesterday to today in our meetings in retention of information, even right away in the meetings," Jones said. "Even our meetings have been intense and that's what you've got to have to get a lot of players ready to play for the first time."

Originally Posted by Specs:
Andrew Darago ‏@AndrewTSR 3m
Write it down: Von Pearson is the best receiver on the team. And he knows it. Very confident

thats an interesting statement

-from RF thread

I guess he could be but let's be real Andrew darago is a joke.

If VP is even as good as North and Malone plays like a 5 star, this offense could be very fun to watch. S great receiving core could really open some opportunities for Lane and Hurd to shine.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m3jfhPYI8w[/youtube]

Jackson is a very well spoken young man and seems to really have his stuff together. You can also hear the excitement in his tone and the eagerness to preform.

Worley looked like he was definitely more on point with his passes than Dobbs. Only 1 day. Football is so close boys.

how fast is this Adrian Gamble? ive heard he can really run. Will he be eligible after transferring? hoping he can at the very least get on the coverage units and help us there.

I guess he could be but let's be real Andrew darago is a joke.

Couldn't agree more. The guy is oblivious to facts no matter the amount of facts presented to him. It's like he has random thoughts and just latches onto them and refuses to admit he's wrong from time to time.

Reactions: 2 people
Originally Posted by Specs:
Andrew Darago ‏@AndrewTSR 3m
Write it down: Von Pearson is the best receiver on the team. And he knows it. Very confident

thats an interesting statement

-from RF thread

I would love for this to be true because I think Malone and North are both All American good.

I don't trust Swain. He's a homer. I want to hear from the rest of the media. If they concur, I'll cry.

Post links as you get em!

No one else in the media besides ainge has a clue what they are talking about..

Ill take my football info from a football player over a media member any day.. and twice on sundays

Reactions: 8 people
No one else in the media besides ainge has a clue what they are talking about..

Ill take my football info from a football player over a media member any day.. and twice on sundays

I agree. I will too. But as a guy who has worn the orange, you know there's a chance he's overly excited. It wasn't a slight at Swain. I'm glad he's a homer frankly. But I would like to hear from a media member that doesn't seem to be a fan first.

VN Store

Back