ONE Week of positive thinking come on VOLS FANS

It happened, time to move on, LETS PUT A HURTIN ON THE DAWGS THAT WILL MAKE VICK BLUSH!!!!! GO VOLS

:machgun::gun: UGA

Personally I've exhausted all of my confidence in all of the UT football coaching staff.We have the players, don't kid yourself.We don't have the coaches. period.I have supported Coach Fulmer for years and it has come to the point he keeps his job if he has , a good enough record, not the kind of record UT fans were use to once upon a time, a long time ago.I hope the players win the rest of the games but Fulmer has got to go,period.He needs to leave with some dignity after this year, maybe even stay at the university in some capacity.

This is the week to capitailize. Auburn opened it up to us to control our destiny in the East. It starts Saturday with a beat down of Georgia.

a little modified advice from a Bluto (slightly modified)

Season Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... What the duck happened to the Vols I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you , we might get beat Well just kiss my arse from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Stafford he's a dead man! Mcfadden, dead! Woodson -

Personally I've exhausted all of my confidence in all of the UT football coaching staff.We have the players, don't kid yourself.We don't have the coaches. period.I have supported Coach Fulmer for years and it has come to the point he keeps his job if he has , a good enough record, not the kind of record UT fans were use to once upon a time, a long time ago.I hope the players win the rest of the games but Fulmer has got to go,period.He needs to leave with some dignity after this year, maybe even stay at the university in some capacity.

Amen, brother, Amen.

Regardless of the probable insurmountable frustration that we all have against our beloved UT football leadership, it is now a new season, not to forget how we had our tails handed to us on the West Coast or in Gainesville, but if there is any motivation for our coaches and our players, we should see it now. They have the chance if they can rise to the occasion, and get the ship moving in the right direction. We all beleive that Florida has at least another loss this week, and if that indeed happens, and we can somehow find a way to win out, we can play in the SECCG. Is that good enough? Nope, not for me, I will still be ready for a change, unless CPF can pull one out and beat? (LSU) for the SEC Championship. Otherwise, IMO, it is still time for a change. Maybe, hopefully, he can prove us wrong. In Chattanooga, the only thing worse than losing to alabama, is losing to georgia. I think we may see a new attitude this week, I believe that the bulldogs will leave Knoxville with their tail between their legs. I Believe! Go Vols!!!

The positive tone of this message is in no way transferrable past the next Saturday. The value is 1/100 cents.

with the turmoil of last saturday, who wouldnt be optimistic? this thing IS up in the air from top to bottom. The writers are going to have their hands full by the end and hopefully VOL fans will have some say in it. Maybe top 10? I dont know but FLORIDA has been exposed. Cal really IS Cal/Usc JV team. Rock on rocky top! We gotta a chance to make heads turn.

Any system that indicates that Bolden is a better player than Quentin Groves is obviously flawed and created by someone with the intellect of a field mouse.
Of course all the services miss the mark from time to time on individual prospects. However, that does not change the fact that Auburn (averaging the 12.4 ranked recruiting class since 2003) was able to play ball and win in the swamp while UTK (averaging the 11.8 ranked recruiting class since 2003) got waxed by the same team in the same stadium. Either the Aubie staff is doing a much better job of coaching-up its players, or UTK is recruiting/signing the wrong prospects.

Of course all the services miss the mark from time to time on individual prospects. However, that does not change the fact that Auburn (averaging the 12.4 ranked recruiting class since 2003) was able to play ball and win in the swamp while UTK (averaging the 11.8 ranked recruiting class since 2003) got waxed by the same team in the same stadium. Either the Aubie staff is doing a much better job of coaching-up its players, or UTK is recruiting/signing the wrong prospects.
I put exactly as much stock in recruiting rankings as I do the Astrograph in the morning paper.

Either the Aubie staff is doing a much better job of coaching-up its players, or UTK is recruiting/signing the wrong prospects.
i still go back to the fact that we had exactly 0 tape to study on this team this year. i said it a long time ago, but the early season schedule really benefited FL for the TN game, when you compare who could prepare for what. Auburn had our film, to learn what not to do, and the Ole Miss film, to learn what to do. and what Auburn did defensively was what we couldn't do or were unable to do. and offensively, they did what we probably wanted to do but couldn't. either way you slice it, Auburn had a much better shot at preparing for FL this year.

Even CDC said it, he had to review tape that was over two years old from when UM was at Utah to get an idea of what to prepare for, but that can only help with scheme, we had zilch on personnel for the most part.
I put exactly as much stock in recruiting rankings as I do the Astrograph in the morning paper.
:thumbsup:agreed.

a little modified advice from a Bluto (slightly modified)

Season Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... What the duck happened to the Vols I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you , we might get beat Well just kiss my arse from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Stafford he's a dead man! Mcfadden, dead! Woodson -

That would be Japan man. This post :no:

I've seen and it didn't really make an impression on me.

Regardless what has UT shown us to create an sort of optomism? This sounds like the same stuff people were saying before the Cal game then before the Florida and look what happened.

Regadless what has UT shown us to create an sort of optomism? This sounds like the same stuff people were saying before the Cal game then before the Florida and look what happened.
then you might just watch it again. I don't know anyone who doesn't think Animal House is a riot.

then you might just watch it again. I don't know anyone who doesn't think Animal House is a riot.

I have only seen it once, I didn't think Anchorman was funny the first time I saw it and now it is one of my favorite comedies so maybe I should watch it again.

I have only seen it once, I didn't think Anchorman was funny the first time I saw it and now it is one of my favorite comedies so maybe I should watch it again.
Anchorman doesn't belong on the same planet as Animal House.

"Do you mind if we dance wif yo' dates?"

Regardless what has UT shown us to create an sort of optomism? This sounds like the same stuff people were saying before the Cal game then before the Florida and look what happened.

the diffrence is NOW, the programs have been exposed. Optimism should be the order of the day. So the Vols lost to a couple of GOOD teams....big deal, there are still plenty of upsets out there for FLORIDA, CAL, and everyone in the SEC(excluding LSU). I think they are locked up. Get on the bandwagon and be happy for a while!

the diffrence is NOW, the programs have been exposed. Optimism should be the order of the day. So the Vols lost to a couple of GOOD teams....big deal, there are still plenty of upsets out there for FLORIDA, CAL, and everyone in the SEC(excluding LSU). I think they are locked up. Get on the bandwagon and be happy for a while!

I'll be at the game an i'll cheer but it still doesn't change the fact we can't run, stop the run, stop the pass or cover a punt or a kick. You are right through, we have been exposed as a team with too many holes to win the SECE.

I'm always happy but sorry for not jumping on the 2-2 bandwagon. We have lost to two good teams by a combined score of 104-51. Excuse me while I jump up and down simply because Auburn beat Florida.

no no no...this is not JUST a War Eagle over gators thing. This is a complete SEC circus. Florida, down in confrence, Bama, the same, Auburn, not ranked, South Carolina, yet to be determined( ie: they might be real) and obviously Georgia, we'll soon see. With the exception of LSU, the heavy players are all off tilt. Its anybodys chance when they line up in the SEC. Down year or not, VOL fan can,(for the 1st time this season) pick their head up. What does tick me off though is seeing Florida still in the top 10. WtH is that?

no no no...this is not JUST a War Eagle over gators thing. This is a complete SEC circus. Florida, down in confrence, Bama, the same, Auburn, not ranked, South Carolina, yet to be determined( ie: they might be real) and obviously Georgia, we'll soon see. With the exception of LSU, the heavy players are all off tilt. Its anybodys chance when they line up in the SEC. Down year or not, VOL fan can,(for the 1st time this season) pick their head up. What does tick me off though is seeing Florida still in the top 10. WtH is that?
somebody has to be in the top 10, i think TX is still in there too.

i think though, all you can do at this point is say that USC, CAl and LSU are the big three. Ohio St and Wisconsin are there thru attrition, nothing more.

the USC/CAL game is setting up to be the "game of the year". the winner, likely, going on to the NT game.

LSU has the most pressure on them though. everyone else in the SEC has proven not to be, so far anyway, NT worthy. LSU now HAS to beat FL for that perception to maintain. they also would like to see KY keep winning until they meet in two weeks.

Other wise, you are looking at a logjam of teams at the end of the year to be the opponent for USC/CAL, should either of those two teams remain undefeated. you'll have a slew of teams, LSU, FL, OK, TX, OSU, WISC, S. FL, WVU all vying for that 2nd spot....

VN Store

Back