ONE Week of positive thinking come on VOLS FANS

KLayneUT8

I understand all the negativness and I understand that we all have reasons to be negative about our Vols....but with what happen last week in college football dont that give you all a little hope.....I know there not been much good things this year...But let all take this lil shed of light and run with it Just till Saturday then we can let the game decide how we think....Lets all rally behind our guys and our coachin staff yess coaching stafff and BE POSITIVE AND KNOW THAT WE ARE THE TENNESSEE VOLS AND WE CAN BEAT ANY TEAM ANY DAY....GO BIG ORANGE

I understand all the negativness and I understand that we all have reasons to be negative about our Vols....but with what happen last week in college football dont that give you all a little hope.....I know there not been much good things this year...But let all take this lil shed of light and run with it Just till Saturday then we can let the game decide how we think....Lets all rally behind our guys and our coachin staff yess coaching stafff and BE POSITIVE AND KNOW THAT WE ARE THE TENNESSEE VOLS AND WE CAN BEAT ANY TEAM ANY DAY....GO BIG ORANGE

:lolabove: :lolabove: ITA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO VOLS, GO BIG ORANGE .........

A new week, positive attitudes and no matter what...
IT'S GREAT TO BE A TENNESSEE VOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could think positively if Chavis has revamped the Defense from the ground up. IF that has happened, the sky is the limit for the VOLS the rest of the year...if not....HELLO CHARMIN TOILET BOWL!

I cannot wait till Saturday, I will be one of the thousands there at Neyland cheering on the Vols. I look for a crazy enviroment, 108,000 + possibly, and hopefully a big win by the Vols!

It IS Georgia Week!

Go Vols!!!:rock::rock::rock:

I have removed the red markers from my drawer.

This is another chance to play a top 15 team. We have a chance to go out and play a ballgame against a worthy opponent Saturday. I love it. I have never been a bigger fan of the Vols than I am today.

We are Tennessee!

GO VOLS!!!

I'm up for the game and even caughtiously optomistic.

Granted that after Florida got beat by Auburn that opened up the east. Tennessee just has to win out and Florida just has to lose one more SEC game. Possible but not likely unless Tennessee has morphed since the Florida game. The real issue is the teams that used to be our "gimme" games are no longer so. South Carolina, Kentucky, and Vandy are all major games now.

Fasten your seatbelts, the rest of the year may be bumpy.

the "positive" mindset shall remain, so long as there is reason to continue to have it. we are on a fine line at this point in the season, and even so, still have a chance to accomplish what our original goal would be.

and despite my contention that CPF has to go, that doesn't deter me from wanting, expecting or hoping that we win this week and next and next...etc...for a shot at the SEC Title. and until that opportunity is removed, i'll keep it positiive.

but we still have a long way to go folks....step 1 is Saturday.

I was positive before Cal dressed us down. I was positive before Florida ran us out of the stadium. Now I'm just numb.

I could think positively if Chavis has revamped the Defense from the ground up. IF that has happened, the sky is the limit for the VOLS the rest of the year...if not....HELLO CHARMIN TOILET BOWL!

I saw this post on VQ which basically points out that UTK's defense is far more talented than Auburn's, or at least they could've been if someone on the UTK staff had any clue as to how to coach guys up to their potential on the D side of the ball. As I see it, the Vols biggest problem is the 188 rushing ypg that they are giving up. Other teams are able to run the ball thereby controlling the clock and dictating the tempo. It keeps EA off the field and with the Vols being at or near dead last in the nation in scoring defense and horrible at special teams it's nearly impossible for UTK to get the number of scoring opportunities (red zone trips) to stay in games against decent competition.

Posted: 10/1/2007 9:35 AM
Auburn D vs UT D

Auburn UT
Pos Name Ranking Pos Name Ranking

DE GROVES 3* #25 DE MITCHELL 4* #15
DT THOMPSON 3* #61 DT BOLDEN 4* #27
DT SIMS 3* #56 DT WILLIAMS 3* #57 OL
DE MARKS 2* NR DE AYERS 4* #8LB
LB TRAHAM 3* #52 LB KARL 2* #70
LB BLACKMON 5* #1 LB MAYO 3* #25
LB GANDY 2* #122 LB MCCOY 4* #7
CB LEE 3* #27 CB GAINES ?????????
CB WILHITE 2* JC CB BERRY 5* #1
SS BROCK 2* #68 SS PARRISH 3* #???
FS SAVAGE 3* #46 FS HEFNEY 3* # 34

Guys, had some time to kill and was interested in seeing what kind of talent it takes on D with good coaching to control the Meyer spread.
Not to beat a dead horse but damn where is the coaching on D?

edit: The post was on gridscape, not VQ. oakmtnvol1 was the author.

i think the one thing to remember about our "opportunity", is that while we have an opportunity, we haven't done anything ourselves to secure that opportunity.

a point that shouldn't be lost in all of our hopes and dreams this week.......

In other words I believe Vandy has the same opportunity that we have right now. Actually they don't have an East loss, so they have a better opportunity.

The door has been cracked open now let's knock it down!!!!

It will be tough as hell to win out, but none of the teams left on our schedule are much if any better than us.

GO VOLS!!!!

Go Vols!!! You gotta love the VOLS. Can't be there but I'll be waving my flags!!!!:clapping::dance2:

I saw this post on VQ which basically points out that UTK's defense is far more talented than Auburn's, or at least they could've been if someone on the UTK staff had any clue as to how to coach guys up to their potential on the D side of the ball. As I see it, the Vols biggest problem is the 188 rushing ypg that they are giving up. Other teams are able to run the ball thereby controlling the clock and dictating the tempo. It keeps EA off the field and with the Vols being at or near dead last in the nation in scoring defense and horrible at special teams it's nearly impossible for UTK to get the number of scoring opportunities (red zone trips) to stay in games against decent competition.

edit: The post was on gridscape, not VQ. oakmtnvol1 was the author.
Any system that indicates that Bolden is a better player than Quentin Groves is obviously flawed and created by someone with the intellect of a field mouse.

I was positive before Cal dressed us down. I was positive before Florida ran us out of the stadium. Now I'm just numb.

Ditto.

I think no expectations and enough pre-game bourbon will help things on Saturday tremendously.

Getting humiliated twice on national TV is enough to define the season for me. Although I'm sure CPF tells the team they were in both games until a couple of perfect storms swept through UT's sidelines.

VN Store

Back