Olympic Team announced

You would have to be totally ignorant to the sport not to see that she is. Also Nick Saban is by far the best College Football coach and I despise BAMA.

She is, but my comment was a test to see if you'd deny being a UConn fan since you clearly are, yet you masquarade yourself as a UT fan here. The fact that you didn't deny it reveals a lot. So thanks for that.

You can tell they haven't run that list by Geno yet - no Paige Bueckers. I'm sure he'll correct that oversight.

She would deserve it, though. The fact that she wasn't even mentioned in the article is weird. She would be one of those that would play in the Olympics the summer after she graduates from college -- similar to Taurasi, Parker, Fowles and Stewart. I would expect to see her on the national team in the next couple of years, and she would be a better pick than someone like Diggins, IMO, who only got garbage time in Tokyo.

She is definitely not "leaps and bound". Players like Della Donne and Jonquel Jones would be in the discussion.

Jonquel Jones can’t be in the discussion. She has already played internationally (and very recently) for Bosnia and Herzegovina.

What are you talking about. Jonquel Jones is one of the best players in the world.
I don’t disagree that if she was eligible, she would have definitely been in the discussion for this Olympic cycle and maybe the next if she continues to perform at a high level.

However, Jonquel was born in the Bahamas and is a naturalized Bosnian citizen. Even if she wanted to play for USAB (after becoming an American citizen), she would have to get special clearance from FIBA to be eligible to play for the USAWNT. If a player has trained or competed with any country’s national team after their 17th birthday, that is the national team they’re attached to. FIBA can and has granted exceptions for players who have had minimal involvement or will further basketball in particular areas (the angle Nneka was going for to get cleared to play for Nigeria), but typically once you’ve competed internationally in basketball for a country as an adult, that’s where you’re stuck.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I don’t disagree that if she was eligible, she would have definitely been in the discussion for this Olympic cycle and maybe the next if she continues to perform at a high level.

However, Jonquel was born in the Bahamas and is a naturalized Bosnian citizen. Even if she wanted to play for USAB (after becoming an American citizen), she would have to get special clearance from FIBA to be eligible to play for the USAWNT. If a player has trained or competed with any country’s national team after their 17th birthday, that is the national team they’re attached to. FIBA can and has granted exceptions for players who have had minimal involvement or will further basketball in particular areas (the angle Nneka was going for to get cleared to play for Nigeria), but typically once you’ve competed internationally in basketball for a country as an adult, that’s where you’re stuck.

Maybe you should read back the comments, because the comment was Stewart being by far the best player in the world and who was the face of women's basketball. Someone said Jones should be in the discussion. Nothing to do with the Olympic team (despite it being in this thread), and nobody said Jones should be on the team.

She is definitely not "leaps and bound". Players like Della Donne and Jonquel Jones would be in the discussion.

As a fan of the Conn Sun I can attest to the greatness of Jonquel Jones. The Sun have a chance once again to challenge for the WNBA championship because of her presence. Della Donne is a great player, and when she was healthy was indeed one of the best. If she can come back from her back problems and stay healthy than she would be in the conversation for this honor. BUT, after watching Stewart tear apart my Sun last night in the WNBA Commissioners Cup game ( 15 pts in the first Q ) I have to agree that she can hurt you in so many ways and IMHO is the best player in the world.

Reactions: PG1
Maybe you should read back the comments, because the comment was Stewart being by far the best player in the world and who was the face of women's basketball. Someone said Jones should be in the discussion. Nothing to do with the Olympic team (despite it being in this thread), and nobody said Jones should be on the team.

Sorry I lost track of that shift in the past few pages. When the Olympics was over and it turned into a big bash fest again, I went back to skimming.

Reactions: 37620VOL
As a fan of the Conn Sun I can attest to the greatness of Jonquel Jones. The Sun have a chance once again to challenge for the WNBA championship because of her presence. Della Donne is a great player, and when she was healthy was indeed one of the best. If she can come back from her back problems and stay healthy than she would be in the conversation for this honor. BUT, after watching Stewart tear apart my Sun last night in the WNBA Commissioners Cup game ( 15 pts in the first Q ) I have to agree that she can hurt you in so many ways and IMHO is the best player in the world.

I never said she wasn't the best player. I just didn't agree with the poster implying no one comes close.

Reactions: StorrsCentral
I think i can settle this lollipop-vs- no lollipop song . This is the definitive version of a lolipop song originally written by 50 cent . Gen X folk such as myself also like Lil Wayne’s version whereas the boomers are more apt to prefer the good ship lollipop. On a semi related note that celebration video is cringeworthy .

VN Store

Back