Olympic Team announced

If you're okay with Diana Taurasi being the face of your sport, you're probably okay with this music. You just think these songs are rough, you should have heard her on the court in Knoxville. On second thought, no, you shouldn't have.
Then you have to feel the same about Candace Parker I have heard her curse on the court that would make a sailor blush.

In 2011 Swin Cash averaged 13.3 pts and was voted in as an All-Star. The All-Star game is a popularity game voting on by the fans driven and that's why it's flawed to an extent. She averaged 10.0 pts for her Olympic season. The only people who would believe that she was one of the top players in the world at the time was a partisan hack for the teams she played for.
Oh dear. only 13.3 points, well that is just horrible. And we all know there's no other way to impact a game other than scoring.

I suppose you must feel exactly the same way about Tamika Catchings being named to the 2016 team despite averaging only 13.1 points per game in the 2015 season. Lord knows she couldn't have possibly merited a spot through, say, her ability to defend and rebound and hustle and just be a great teammate.

And you must be equally dismissive of the fact that Tamika was named a WNBA all-star in 2015, since the fans get to vote.

You're getting all hot and bothered over something that you're choosing to pay attention to, pappaw. Why let something that's so trivial bother you, especially when you're not the intended audience?

Yeah, you're right. I should just let the culture of my country become trash without comment. Thanks for setting me straight on the things that matter the most to you and the intended audience.

Reactions: brassie
I don't know which thread would be best to post this in, but it was just awesome to see, immediately after the basketball final, the US women's volleyball team win their first Olympic gold medal ever. Making it even sweeter, this win pushed the US just ahead of China in the final gold medal count.

US women's volleyball has had so many near-misses in the Olympics, including 3 silver and 2 bronze medals. We lost to Brazil in the finals in both 2008 and 2012. We were considered the favorites in Rio in 2016 but lost a heartbreaking semifinal to Serbia.

This team overcame ankle injuries to two starters in pool play and still found a way to win its pool and then peak in the medal rounds, sweeping their twin nemeses, Serbia and Brazil, in the semifinal and final. Just an incredible cathartic full-circle moment.

Kudos to head coach Karch Kiraly, who only adds to his legend. I absolutely had chills watching this team.

Last edited:
Yeah, you're right. I should just let the culture of my country become trash without comment.

Could you be more dramatic? Were you whining this hard in the 70s and 80s when sexual lyrics were common in rock music, or were you one of those weirdos that said rock n roll was devil music?

Maybe you should change your name to "youcancallmeKaren".

Also, pertaining to your country, there are over 300 million people that live here and there are dozens of music genres. I'm sure you can find something that is less triggering for you. I mean, I think the 700 Club is some of the dumbest BS I've ever seen on TV, but instead of writing strongly worded messages on the internet about it, I just roll my eyes and find something else to watch -- like a normal person would do.

Last edited:
They just won the Olympics playing against the best players from every country in the world so yes they are the best players in the world. 🇺🇸🏆
There are several players that weren’t on the team that are better than a lot of the ones that were. And given the level of competition from the rest of the world, winning the Olympics isn’t something to brag about.

Reactions: Volfan2012
There are several players that weren’t on the team that are better than a lot of the ones that were. And given the level of competition from the rest of the world, winning the Olympics isn’t something to brag about.
Nah! If they were better at every facet of the game they would be on the team that represents the USA in the Olympics.

Oh dear. only 13.3 points, well that is just horrible. And we all know there's no other way to impact a game other than scoring.

I suppose you must feel exactly the same way about Tamika Catchings being named to the 2016 team despite averaging only 13.1 points per game in the 2015 season. Lord knows she couldn't have possibly merited a spot through, say, her ability to defend and rebound and hustle and just be a great teammate.

And you must be equally dismissive of the fact that Tamika was named a WNBA all-star in 2015, since the fans get to vote.

I don't think either one of them should've been on the Olympic team.

Could you be more dramatic?

Yeah, I could be, but probably not as dramatic as your post here, drama queen.

Were you whining this hard in the 70s and 80s when sexual lyrics were common in rock music, or were you one of those weirdos that said rock n roll was devil music?

I rocked right along to the lyrics in the 70's and 80's. NONE of those lyrics were as sexually explicit as those in the video. Not even even in the same universe. And NONE of the those lyrics were so offensively racist, at least that I would listen to. And no song, whether popular or underground, with such explicitly racist and sexual lyrics was ever distributed by, posted by, or endorsed by an olympic athlete or team. And BTW, I've probably forgotten more rock and roll than you'll ever listen to.

Maybe you should change your name to "youcancallmeKaren".

You can call me Karen whenever you want, or anything else you want, oh ye slayer of the unhip.

Also, pertaining to your country, there are over 300 million people that live here

So how do you refer to the USA when talking about it? THEIR Country? THAT Country? A Country? EVERYONE ELSE'S Country? It's just an expression, oh ye slayer of the uber patriotic. Chill, baby.

I'm sure you can find something that is less triggering for you.

Who is more triggered here? You or me? I'd say it's a toss-up at this point.

instead of writing strongly worded messages on the internet about it, I just roll my eyes and find something else to watch -- like a normal person would do.

Did your dog write this strongly worded message on the internet and put your name on it, or was it your alter ego that committed the crime?

I think the 700 Club is some of the dumbest BS I've ever seen on TV,

Well, I wouldn't know. I've never watched the 700 Club. Should I find it interesting that you do?

Look, Volman, I never wanted an argument, I just expressed an opinion and find myself now under a direct personal assault from you, so the above is a defense. That's the last I'll speak of it, as this is not a political forum nor is it the Monty Python sketch of "I'd Like an Argument, Please."

Peace, please, you REAL COOL HIP GUY.

Yeah, you're right. I should just let the culture of my country become trash without comment. Thanks for setting me straight on the things that matter the most to you and the intended audience.

lol!!!!!!!

"Let the culture of my country become trash"????? I'm sorry, but methinks if you want to be self-righteously upset about something illustrating "the culture of (your) country" being trashed, choosing to express concern over that culture being usurped by a group of 2021 female athletes who just won an Olympic Gold Medal hamming it up to a risqué song is, well ...

I don't even have a word for it.

If you are just dying to clutch your Red, White and Blue pearls in worrying about our country's accepted culture, SURE YOU'VE NOTICED BY NOW there are way, WAAYYYYY more important issues available -- actual LIFE AND DEATH ISSUES, even -- for you to adopt as valid enough to bother speaking out about with such passion.

Seriously.

Last edited:
lol!!!!!!!

"Let the culture of my country become trash"????? I'm sorry, but methinks if you want to be self-righteously upset about something illustrating "the culture of (your) country" being trashed, choosing to express concern over that culture being usurped by a group of 2021 female athletes who just won an Olympic Gold Medal hamming it up to a risqué song is, well ...

I don't even have a word for it.

If you are just dying to clutch your Red, White and Blue pearls in worrying about our country's accepted culture, SURE YOU'VE NOTICED BY NOW there are way, WAAYYYYY more important issues available -- actual LIFE AND DEATH ISSUES, even -- for you to adopt as valid enough to bother speaking out about with such passion.

Seriously.

I'll refer you - and all others who view themselves as the definers of which priorities matters most - to my response to Volman128, above.

VN Store

Back