Olympic Team announced

I put Diana in the same category as Parker.

Wait did Candace get arrested for a DUI (i must of missed that) 🤔🤔🤔 A simple google search of “Candace Parker charity” you can see some of the stuff she has done.

PS she also has invested in women (which little girls grow up and become) when she became an owner in the NWSL

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Diana didn't play because of her hip injury.

Sources: N. Ogwumike's petition denied by FIBA
Nneka petitioned to play for Nigeria was denied. Chiney was approved.

My response was in response to the poster saying Parker was a whiney complaining player. I saw Taurasi sit in her jersey and not be able to participate because of the injury.
Team USA will most likely win but they should still be ashamed at what they did to Nneka! she legit gave them too much time which made her ineligible… lol she was too dedicated and was punished because of it 🤣

How can this be? It's kind of interesting that the winning roster didn't have a single Husky on it, isn't it? The other one had so many! Just think of all the times we're told someone just isn't quite up to the standard. You know how the argument goes. "Oh, so-and-so is good but they're just not as good as this other person, who is just a bit better." This outcome strongly supports that assertion and in no way challenges the notion that we must absolutely pick the same people every time because they're obviously the best and the only choice because no one else can measure up. Mmmm. Sarcasm.

Really though, what this game tells me is that Candace Parker was absolutely right when she said something to the effect that you could send the WNBA's second or third string and still win the gold medal. Or in other words, giving other talented players from the USA a chance to play in their first Olympics wouldn't have been risking the USA's competitiveness. They're probably going to win either way, but this notion that you HAVE to pick certain players every time seems fairly ridiculous.

Last edited:
Wait did Candace get arrested for a DUI (i must of missed that) 🤔🤔🤔 A simple google search of “Candace Parker charity” you can see some of the stuff she has done.

PS she also has invested in women (which little girls grow up and become) when she became an owner in the NWSL

Parker has never been cited for a DUI. Taurasi was pulled over in Phoenix, 2009, for speeding. The police officer smelled alcohol and gave Taurasi several field sobriety tests, which she failed.

Team WNBA starting lineup was

DeWanna Bonner- Auburn
Jonquel Jones- Clemson/George Washington
Candace Parker- Tennessee
Arike Ogunbowale- Notre Dame
Courtney Vandersloot- Gonzaga

other colleges represented: Rutgers (2x),Maryland,Oregon,Wake Forest,South Florida

Team USA lineup:

Sue Bird- UConn
Brittney Griner - Baylor
Jewell Lyod - Notre Dame
Breanna Stewart- UConn
A'ja Wilson- South Carolina

on the bench 3 more UConn alums, Duke,LSU,Notre Dame,Texas

Reactions: mcannon1
the makeup of Team USA is the power structure of WBB right now lol minus Notre Dame who have plummeted faster then TN did

Wow, right on cue.

Staley sucks...
was handed a Super Team and couldnt beat a 10 man Australian team WITHOUT their superstar haha looks like our 7th consecutive gold medal is in Jeopardy...Geno said she was involved in the making of the roster but who knows

Last edited:
Reactions: Darth_Vol
btw Napheesa Collier has been playing really bad these past 2 games she is not ready for the big international stage

Losing to Australia sans Cambage is embarrassing. This is validating everyone’s concerns about the roster when it was announced. They are old, slow and cannot shoot on the perimeter. 2-18 from 3 against the Aussies.

Losing to Australia sans Cambage is embarrassing. This is validating everyone’s concerns about the roster when it was announced. They are old, slow and cannot shoot on the perimeter. 2-18 from 3 against the Aussies.
Actually Cambage not playing may have helped Australia spread the floor more and made it harder for the slower USA posts to guard and get out on quicker players.

VN Store

Back